Micah Parsons Believes He And Diggs Can Be "Even Better" Than Jalen Ramsey And Aaron Donald

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He did that to set him up for failure .

Dak was playing so great the first half of last season ...... Everyone except obvious trolls like Pappypup was excited ..... Then he got injured and fell off so bad he cheered attacking refs in the playoff loss ...... I do not see anything wrong with someone pointing that out ..... And I am an acknowledged Dak fan.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Parsons has the GENERATIONAL TRAITS for sure. Diggs can get there if he can get better in his coverages. I thought I saw that he was a top CB in press coverage or something like that. I cant remember for sure. I mean Diggs did shut down Mike Evans, Scary Terry, and a few other number 1 WRs. So he has that as well. I just don't see this massive gap like you are alluding to.

Also. All Parsons said is that they are striving to be. I don't take issue with what he said at all.
Right. . Striving to be as good as isn’t saying they are and or will be.

This thread at the very least misrepresented the Parsons comments . Probably just trolling .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak was playing so great the first half of last season ...... Everyone except obvious trolls like Pappypup was excited ..... Then he got injured and fell off so bad he cheered attacking refs in the playoff loss ...... I do not see anything wrong with someone pointing that out ..... And I am an acknowledged Dak fan.
But then he didn’t acknowledge he was injured or it had any effect. There is trolling history.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Parsons has the GENERATIONAL TRAITS for sure. Diggs can get there if he can get better in his coverages. I thought I saw that he was a top CB in press coverage or something like that. I cant remember for sure. I mean Diggs did shut down Mike Evans, Scary Terry, and a few other number 1 WRs. So he has that as well. I just don't see this massive gap like you are alluding to.

Also. All Parsons said is that they are striving to be. I don't take issue with what he said at all.
I like Parsons.

I want to see more from him, of course. I don't like to crown guys after 1 season, but he almost seems like a sure thing. I am going to be cautiously optimist on him though. If he can be better next season then all best are off and he can have his crown.

I need to see more from Diggs. I think he's a top CB, but I also think he needs big time improvement on his overall game. I would not support a big contract for him right now today if it was time. I need to see more improvements from him in coverage before I would support a big contract.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Don't fall for it and let them turn this into a Dak thread. This is what they are wanting to do.

Dak is all they care about.

Let's talk about Parsons and Diggs and ignore them.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I like Parsons.

I want to see more from him, of course. I don't like to crown guys after 1 season, but he almost seems like a sure thing. I am going to be cautiously optimist on him though. If he can be better next season then all best are off and he can have his crown.

I need to see more from Diggs. I think he's a top CB, but I also think he needs big time improvement on his overall game. I would not support a big contract for him right now today if it was time. I need to see more improvements from him in coverage before I would support a big contract.

This is what I was referring to.

The gap again isnt as large as you are making it.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-as-best-cornerback-in-press-coverage-in-2021

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
But then he didn’t acknowledge he was injured or it had any effect. There is trolling history.

I do not know if that's true or not since I have not seen it myself ....... But Dak was definitely injured and it seemed to me like he lost his confidence ...... The meltdown at the end of the year was inexcusable either way.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is what I was referring to.

The gap again isnt as large as you are making it.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-as-best-cornerback-in-press-coverage-in-2021
That's fine.

I'm sure he was great in press coverage. I'm not saying he wasn't.

I just want to see the yards he gives up come down a lot. I want to see how he is treated if he only has 4 INTS instead of 11 INTS. I want to see how he will be judged then.

As with all players I need to see consistency, because consistency is key. Let's see if he continues to be a top CB before we crown him. There's a a lot of guys that have 1 or 2 great years and that's it. We have to be careful when it comes to that stuff.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do not know if that's true or not since I have not seen it myself ....... But Dak was definitely injured and it seemed to me like he lost his confidence ...... The meltdown at the end of the year was inexcusable either way.
He may have lost his confidence but there is no denying the injuries and other contributing factors to the meltdown.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cool.

A Parsons and Diggs thread has turned into a "was Dak really injured and how much did it affect him" thread.

Good job, guys!

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's fine.

I just want to see the yards he gives up come down a lot. I want to see how he is treated if he only has 4 INTS instead of 11 INTS. I want to see how he will be judged then.

As with all players I need to see consistency, because consistency is key. Let's see if he continues to be a top CB before we crown him. There's a a lot of guys that have 1 or 2 great years and that's it. We have to be careful when it comes to that stuff.
I agree 100 percent. He only gave up 300 more yards than the guy you are comparing him to though. Its not some astronomical number. And he did it when his team was leading most of the season, and making up for other players mistakes. I bet if we re-watched every game. Him getting burned only happened because of HIM once or twice. I didn't see him get beaten like a drum in any game last year. So we will see

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
That's fine.

A lot of those yards were schemed for him to have safety help over the top so he could be more aggressive ..... The safety's who cost us those yards that were blamed on Diggs are no longer on the team ..... Hopefully that will take care of a lot of that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He may have lost his confidence but there is no denying the injuries and other contributing factors to the meltdown.

I agree ...... But that is the difference between great Qb's and good ones ....... I expect him to take that next step this year ....... If not we are gonna have to make some tough decisions so as to not waste this young good defense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
A lot of those yards were schemed for him to have safety help over the top so he could be more aggressive ..... The safety's who cost us those yards that were blamed on Diggs are no longer on the team ..... Hopefully that will take care of a lot of that.
Thank you. I have been trying to explain this to him lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. He only gave up 300 more yards than the guy you are comparing him to though. Its not some astronomical number. And he did it when his team was leading most of the season, and making up for other players mistakes. I bet if we re-watched every game. Him getting burned only happened because of HIM once or twice. I didn't see him get beaten like a drum in any game last year. So we will see
Ramsey didn't even have a great year last year in my opinion. I think a 300 yard difference is pretty significant and the Rams were 12-5 too, so they were playing ahead at times just like the Cowboys. Ramsey gave up less yards than Diggs, Brown, and Lewis. So, Ramsey, as a #1 CB, gave up less yards than our #3 corner in what many would think was a not that great of a year for Ramsey in the yards given up category. It was the highest total yards given up since his rookie season.

At the end of the day Ramsey has been consistent. He is a 3 time 1st team all-pro. He has earned what he has by playing at a high level consistently.

Now Diggs needs to do that. If he can somehow still get INTs at a highish volume while cutting down the yards given up by a lot then I don't see how anyone couldn't think of him as the best in the league.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree ...... But that is the difference between great Qb's and good ones ....... I expect him to take that next step this year ....... If not we are gonna have to make some tough decisions so as to not waste this young good defense.
Who said he was a great QB? Only some homers .

And this defense isn’t good yet . Improved , yes. But still middle of the pack . Can’t stop the run.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It was an excuse then like it is now.

I understand it and I'm sure it resulted in yardage, but THAT many yards? Yeah, I don't buy it.

Expect better.
Dude.

Kazee missed his assignment against the Patriots and Jones threw I believe a 74 yard TD. Diggs got burdened with those yards.

Thats 74 of the 300. Regardless if you buy it or not. It doesnt matter. Its factual. Go watch the games lol.