Micah Parsons Believes He And Diggs Can Be "Even Better" Than Jalen Ramsey And Aaron Donald

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Go to the article YOU posted, and click on the blue hyperlink in this line, then watch the start of the video.

"It's hard to say we're the best because I know we're young and we still make mistakes," Parsons told Jori Epstein of USA TODAY Sports. "It's hard to put us over Aaron Donald, the greatest defensive player in history, with Jalen Ramsey. So I won't do it yet.

"But I think we can become them or even better if we learn together and stick together."
Yeah, I just read the article, but I went back and clicked through and watched the video.

Micah brought up Ramsey and Donald, but he was kinda led there I guess by the question.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/micah-parsons-trevon-diggs-even-better-than-aaron-donald-jalen-ramsey

"It's hard to say we're the best because I know we're young and we still make mistakes," Parsons told Jori Epstein of USA TODAY Sports. "It's hard to put us over Aaron Donald, the greatest defensive player in history, with Jalen Ramsey. So I won't do it yet."

"But I think we can become them or even better if we learn together and stick together."

What say you? Do you love the confidence or do you think he talks a little too much?

Or both?

I'm on the "both" side here. I love the confidence, but if you're going to talk like that you have to back it up.

It would require one guy to be an all-time great, maybe even the GOAT, and the other guy to be a multiple time all-pro if you want to be even better than Donald and Ramsey.
He should think that

Praxit

Reaction score
..say if you must, but those 2 LA Rams have a ring now. Which these days for Dallas fans, is hard as getting struck by lightning.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
These players are talking a lot of ***** for guys who got their ****** shoved in last year in the playoffs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Should I have said Pele? lol
It's not on you. It's just how our minds orient words. It took a nano second to readjust but because I "know" Madonna and not the guy you mentioned, for a split second my mind read what it was familiar with.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/micah-parsons-trevon-diggs-even-better-than-aaron-donald-jalen-ramsey

"It's hard to say we're the best because I know we're young and we still make mistakes," Parsons told Jori Epstein of USA TODAY Sports. "It's hard to put us over Aaron Donald, the greatest defensive player in history, with Jalen Ramsey. So I won't do it yet."

What say you? Do you love the confidence or do you think he talks a little too much?

Or both?

I'm on the "both" side here. I love the confidence, but if you're going to talk like that you have to back it up.

It would require one guy to be an all-time great, maybe even the GOAT, and the other guy to be a multiple time all-pro if you want to be even better than Donald and Ramsey.
well I think last year went to their and his head mainly.
someone needs to tell him that this year will be much tougher, as teams and DC's know they are good, so will play them different.
SF neutralized them both in the WC game.

From what I have seen that he has said, it went to his head.
At least he wants to be a great player, so maybe he will become one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
well I think last year went to their and his head mainly.
someone needs to tell him that this year will be much tougher, as teams and DC's know they are good, so will play them different.
SF neutralized them both in the WC game.

From what I have seen that he has said, it went to his head.
At least he wants to be a great player, so maybe he will become one.
I'd say teams knew they were good by game 5 last season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with what he said. It was balanced, giving recognition and respect to Donald and Ramsey as the best, but sharing his hopes and aspirations to be part of the next best duo.

What should he have said, "We'll never reach the mark Donald and Ramsey set."

Some people find motivation in writing down their goals or speaking them "into existence."

Some people are either superstitious or spiritual like that, i.e., if they don't declare a vision for themselves and speak it not just think it, it won't come to pass.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Wikipedia said:
The music video was a mimicry of Marilyn Monroe's performance of the song "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" from the 1953 film Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. The mimicked scenes are interspersed with scenes of a Hollywood director trying to win the heart of an actress, played by Madonna herself. Discovering that, contrary to her song, the young woman was not impressed by money and expensive gifts, he pretended to be penniless and succeeded in taking her out on a date. She has performed the song in five of her world tours; most of her performances of the song on tour are mimicries of the song's music video.

JBond

Reaction score

Or both?

Love it. Now work hard.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Or both?

What usually gets people stirred up is the click bait/eye-catching headlines that are put on stories like this, usually not by the writer but by an editor who obviously wants to draw as many readers as possible.

The nfl.com headline is not correct. Parsons did not say he and Diggs are even better than Donald and Ramsey. He said he believes they eventually be even better than Donald and Ramsey. There's nothing wrong with him believing that or saying that, but the headline causes readers to go in with a different idea.

Your thread headline is closer to accurate, but it could have used the word eventually as well or clarification. Without the understanding that he's not talking about right now, but "if we learn together and stick together," fans get riled up over nothing.