Should Micah Parsons call out the Refs?

• Yes

Votes: 131 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 29.6%

• Total voters

ArbynTX

Reaction score
My comment will be a bit cynical but I don’t see it making a difference if he does. They will or won’t throw flags at their discretion. As long as he plays his game he’ll be a menace to the other team, and the ‘in your face’ will be his pressure and sacks.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
the HC should be in the ear of the Refs every time he gets held,Micah should let Mccarthy do all the talking.
Reminds me when I played basketball and would complain about a non-call on me and my coach would be right there, on my butt.
"Hey! I yell at the refs! You play the damn calls I give you!"

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can't blame Micah. He was literally being held so many times against the Rams, yet the officials hardly threw any flags on them Rams linemen for holding. These holds might even have contributed to Micah injuring his groin.

Does Micah have a case to call out the Refs, or does he simply need to be quiet?

:popcorn:

Remind me of the Packers

DAL1180

Reaction score
Refs are graded every game. When teams start fining and suspending players for missing tackles or blocks, then we can talk about refs for missing calls.
Please. Give me a break. Miss enough tackles or blocks and you are on the bench or on the street. And that is as a full time player. Not some full time lawyer or librarian or stock broker who only officiates part-time but who desperately wants to affect a game by either being unable or unwilling to make proper calls. For AND against Dallas and the other 31 teams. The league needs transparency to show actual officials being punished for not doing their jobs. But how often do we hear that Joey Referee won't officiate Sunday due to blatantly missing calls?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Can't blame Micah. He was literally being held so many times against the Rams, yet the officials hardly threw any flags on them Rams linemen for holding. These holds might even have contributed to Micah injuring his groin.

Does Micah have a case to call out the Refs, or does he simply need to be quiet?

Brady talks. Rogers talks. Peyton talked.
Players work the refs. You just need to know how.
Plant a seed in their minds.
It might blossom. ;)

Besides, with all the arms around Micah's neck, he could have had 7 sacks if they had called them properly, forcing the Rams OL to adjust their tactics.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
He does not get the calls because of the rip move exception.

From the NFL rule book:

(1) When a defensive player is held by an offensive player during the following situations, offensive holding will not be called:

(i) if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.

Exception: Holding will be called if the defender’s feet are taken away from him by the offensive player’s action

Cameron Wake had the same problem as well because he was a heavy rip move user like Micah. If he wants to get the calls he needs to add some more tricks into his bag which sounds ridiculous because he is already so good, but he can get even better with a more diverse approach to getting to the QB.

Here is a demo of the rip move and you can see how it would put an offensive lineman in a compromising situation:

Interesting. I didn't know this, explains many of the obvious no calls. But it still leaves it up to the ref to decide if he sees the rip move or not

Cowfan75

Reaction score
There are zero consequences for refs doing anything. Worst case, they don't get picked to call the Super Bowl. Deciding games with terrible calls/no calls? No biggie.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I have seen an OT with a basic choke hold around Parsons’ neck just like this at least 4 times and none were called. Then they call ticky tack stuff that happens every snap at the most critical times. I’ve been saying it for a few years. The refs are picking and choosing depending on the score, momentum, down and distance, etc all in an effort to keep games close. You see calls and non calls in every game every week that have no other explanation. I’m not claiming some big conspiracy mandated by the league. I simply think the refs understand that close games are good for business and what the league wants for ratings. They may even feel they get rated higher if the games are close which means they get to work the playoffs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He does not get the calls because of the rip move exception.

From the NFL rule book:

(1) When a defensive player is held by an offensive player during the following situations, offensive holding will not be called:

(i) if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.

Exception: Holding will be called if the defender’s feet are taken away from him by the offensive player’s action

Cameron Wake had the same problem as well because he was a heavy rip move user like Micah. If he wants to get the calls he needs to add some more tricks into his bag which sounds ridiculous because he is already so good, but he can get even better with a more diverse approach to getting to the QB.

Here is a demo of the rip move and you can see how it would put an offensive lineman in a compromising situation:

Bro man was exhausted after the first syllable. :laugh:

dogberry

Reaction score
Do fines go to the charity of the player’s choice?

If yes, Micah should plan his charitable given around fines for calling refs out.

kumizi

Reaction score
I’m ok with these types of callouts.

I just worry twitter active players are bound to say something unforgivable.

GORICO

Reaction score

Total agreement....he was routinely getting mugged and no flags...guarantee if we did it see cascade of yellow flags falling