• Yes

Votes: 131 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 29.6%

• Total voters

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Read the posts made earlier referencing the rip move exception in the rulebook.
That’s a bunch of bull****. So, if a pass rusher uses a legal move it allows an Olinemen to use an illegal one? That makes ZERO sense. How about the Olinemen develop a legal move to offset the rip move? That would be like saying a DB can grab receivers that use double moves on them.

Reactions: BAT

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s a bunch of bull****. So, if a pass rusher uses a legal move it allows an Olinemen to use an illegal one? That makes ZERO sense. How about the Olinemen develop a legal move to offset the rip move? That would be like saying a DB can grab receivers that use double moves on them.

Like it or not it’s in the rule book and explains all of the apparent holding on Parsons we never see called. Part of the issue is that the defensive player pretty much puts the tackle in an arm bar so it is very difficult to counter in any “legal” way. That being said, I say they should can the rule and let offensive linemen figure it out. The defense is already at a massive disadvantage.

I didn’t even know about the rule until a few days ago because I got curious about why it seems like Parsons is always getting mugged. Seems like an odd rule to me, but the competition committee definitely took park in a thorough review and came to the conclusion that it was a necessary addition to the rule book.

He needs to find some new go to moves and he will start getting the calls since pretty much any blocker is hard pressed to stay with him.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
While I agree the refs are missing tons of hold calls on Parsons, calling out the refs might not be the best option here.

There is an old saying that "you can catch more flies with honey than you can vinegar".

Maybe instead of calling the refs out, he should be extra friendly with them, talk to them before the game, learn their first names, ask them how the wife and kids are doing, ect.......He might start getting more calls do this instead of going on Twitter and telling everybody how bad they suck at their jobs.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Dallas got away with one on Donald on Pollards long run, he was held almost as bad as was against T. Smith.
No. I completely disagree. That was a good block by McGovern. Imo. If they called those a hold they’d be calling one every other play for us.

It’s at about the 9:00 mark. Donald didn’t seem to complain. This guy on the breakdown isn’t a cowboys fan and he agrees that it was a good block.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt the NFL has decided to let offense hold a bit at the same time letting defenses hold too receivers are getting mugged and there's no calls.
QBs not named Brady are getting hit with no call.
I hate to say it but let him play football

silvernblu

Reaction score
Can't blame Micah. He was literally being held so many times against the Rams, yet the officials hardly threw any flags on them Rams linemen for holding. These holds might even have contributed to Micah injuring his groin.

Does Micah have a case to call out the Refs, or does he simply need to be quiet?

:popcorn:

Hopefully, Micah will soon start getting what I call the Michael Jordan effect. Where superstars get the call even when it is borderline.

jrumann59

Reaction score
No. I completely disagree. That was a good block by McGovern. Imo. If they called those a hold they’d be calling one every other play for us.

It’s at about the 9:00 mark. Donald didn’t seem to complain. This guy on the breakdown isn’t a cowboys fan and he agrees that it was a good block.

From that angle it looks OK up and until MCG is contorted and still able to hold on. From a reverse MCG was very wide with his hands. That is a call that usually goes against the Cowboys, happy it didn't but would not have been pissed if they flagged it.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Wait, you think a fat midwesterner like McCarthy is going to get respect from the officials or league. That’s hilarious.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
From that angle it looks OK up and until MCG is contorted and still able to hold on. From a reverse MCG was very wide with his hands. That is a call that usually goes against the Cowboys, happy it didn't but would not have been pissed if they flagged it.
I will give you that. It’s absolutely a call that normally gets us. It was a hold (slight), but as they say there’s one on every play.

I’m surprised Donald didn’t react much.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Refs need to be called out

especially after the atlanta game......NFL needs to acknoledge that its an issue and fine or suspend refs
:laugh:.....the league is fixed. When are people going to realize?

kskboys

Reaction score
While I agree the refs are missing tons of hold calls on Parsons, calling out the refs might not be the best option here.

There is an old saying that "you can catch more flies with honey than you can vinegar".

Maybe instead of calling the refs out, he should be extra friendly with them, talk to them before the game, learn their first names, ask them how the wife and kids are doing, ect.......He might start getting more calls do this instead of going on Twitter and telling everybody how bad they suck at their jobs.
Yup. Calling them out will make it worse, not better. I can't believe how many people are voting that he should. Very bad idea.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I definitely think he should speak up. It's ridiculous how many times he gets held without a call.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We all know that officiating an NFL game is not a science and very much dependent on the field judgement and viewing angles of the officials. Its been that way forever.

What I don't want to see is Micah getting caught up in the politics of officiating and perhaps getting fewer calls as a result. Officials are humans and with that comes bias.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It was egregious. He was being held almost every play.
Its not just the Rams game. He has been being held all season. He is too fast and his first step usually beats the OL every time. If they just let Micah play he would probably have 3-4 sacks a game. And I aint exaggerating.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
We all know that officiating an NFL game is not a science and very much dependent on the field judgement and viewing angles of the officials. Its been that way forever.

What I don't want to see is Micah getting caught up in the politics of officiating and perhaps getting fewer calls as a result. Officials are humans and with that comes bias.

working the refs, is a thing though. Phil Jackson use to work the refs all the time even in the press scrum and his teams would always get bs calls to go there way afterwards.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The Rams were called for holding. Not as often as they actually held, but to say none were called is inaccurate.

I believe he is correct that they did not call any on the Rams linemen.. IIRC the only ones called were against the tight ends and receivers.