Micah Parsons is not going to win DPOY

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Lol, he’s being double and triple teamed on just about every play, creating pressures and forcing early throws but hey you want to believe your on gibberish that’s your prerogative!
They want you to believe your JIBBERISH as well to sell to the fans as to why he's not at the league lead of sacks right now. If you had eyes you can watch the game and see that he's not doubled on every play, was he doubled by trent williams, there were times in other games where he wasn't. Now i'm not saying it doesn't happen to where he's being blocked by everyone ok, but there are times where it's one on one EAGLE LOver

ESisback

Reaction score
Dont bother. This person changed their screen name and didnt tell anyone until he was called out. Guy literally sits there all year saying "they are going to implode, they suck" He doesnt love this team. He loves the attention his negativity brings him.
Yep

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think our defense would be better if we stopped trying to pad his stats.

Parsons isn't Garrett, Watt or Bosa, but he is a chess piece..us playing him on the d-line makes our overall defense worse.
Against SF, we have Micah lined up 15 times over Trent Williams which was by far his most common matchup. That’s not effectively using him and kinda dumb.

exciter

Reaction score
They want you to believe your JIBBERISH as well to sell to the fans as to why he's not at the league lead of sacks right now. If you had eyes you can watch the game and see that he's not doubled on every play, was he doubled by trent williams, there were times in other games where he wasn't. Now i'm not saying it doesn't happen to where he's being blocked by everyone ok, but there are times where it's one on one EAGLE LOver
Lol! What?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah but he's probably correct Micah Parsons maybe a great player but he's not on their level yet he thinks he is but he's not he has all the talent in the world but teams have found a way to run at him run around him and sometimes neutralize the guy he's gonna have to get past that to be defensive player of the year or to even be considered for MVP and right now the OP is right Garrett is a better player at this point in their careers he's a lot better pass Rusher... And I guarantee you miles garrett's getting as doubled and tripled and still finding a way around it just like guys like bosas and TJ Watt... Micah Parsons is not overrated but the way people talk about him as if he's already arrived at as the best defensive player in the league is wrong... So he should get credit for how great he's played but he has not ascended to the very top of the best defensive players in the NFL
They are all great players. We have one of the top defensive players in the league so let’s enjoy him.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I don't see how you could put him ahead of Garrett or TJ Watt.

We've seen Parsons taken completely out of games. U never see that with Garrett or watt.

Parsons is still a top 3-5 defensive player. But he is not yet at the level of those other two. I think playing d end every single snap wears him down and limits his effectiveness

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think our defense would be better if we stopped trying to pad his stats.

Parsons isn't Garrett, Watt or Bosa, but he is a chess piece..us playing him on the d-line makes our overall defense worse.
He was never going to win it this year. Parsons is a great player. He's in their class. Parsons is a linebacker playing edge. Those guys are huge and go after the QB every play. But sacks come in bunches.....Parsons will have a 2 or 3 sack game at some point and people will go right back to their LT comparisons lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Micah is 14th in Edge snaps.
He can be rested a bit more but his willingness to play through dings has been admirable.
Given the Bye he is obviously rested making much of this moot.
But I do agree you'd like to rest him a bit more as we go.

All that said, no pass rusher wants to sit when the other team is behind and must pass.
That isn't just a Micah thing.
And you do not want to rest him to point he isn't comfortable playing tired in a playoff game.

vlad

Reaction score
It's funny how our players either suck hard or are the unquestioned best player at their position. Fandom is fun.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
You think "jags" get double and triple teamed?
Let's not act like he's always double and triple teamed. The niners blocked him one on one with a tight end multiple times and he was stopped in his tracks.

He's obviously one of the best defensive players in the league. Some games he is unstoppable. But the niners and cardinals both used his aggressiveness against him.

I dont see why people on this board get so defensive when he's criticized.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let's not act like he's always double and triple teamed. The niners blocked him one on one with a tight end multiple times and he was stopped in his tracks.

He's obviously one of the best defensive players in the league. Some games he is unstoppable. But the niners and cardinals both used his aggressiveness against him.

I dont see why people on this board get so defensive when he's criticized.
Its not about getting defensive its just incorrect. He's not getting single covered by tight ends let's stop it lol. Maybe Kittle got the best of him a few times but for the most part offenses actively go out of their way to stop him. Sometimes they can sometimes they can't.

I just hate this is what we resort to. Oh he's not Garrett or TJ Watt...ok maybe not but he's still our best defensive player and arguably our best player lol.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He needs to either have unbelievable stats or be the best player on an elite defense.

Statistically, he has a lot of ground to make up to catch TJ Watt. And the Cowboys defense dropped off after the Diggs injury.

If the season ended today, I think Garrett would take it. He’s half a sack behind Watt, and excluding the last game, the Browns’ defense was putting up historical numbers.