Micah Parsons is not going to win DPOY

Praxit

Reaction score
Micah gets double teamed, sometimes triple teamed. If anything it would be awesome if he was moved around. Don't really care about his accolades because that will come...just want him play effective ball. Cowboys need the other edge guys to step up, not named DLaw.
.getting that ring, would take care most accolades. ;)..

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
I think our defense would be better if we stopped trying to pad his stats.

Parsons isn't Garrett, Watt or Bosa, but he is a chess piece..us playing him on the d-line makes our overall defense worse.

Micah Parsons is not going to win DPOY.. :facepalm:

Okay Then,Your Not Going To Win "Post Of The Year".. POTY..:lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He needs to either have unbelievable stats or be the best player on an elite defense.

Statistically, he has a lot of ground to make up to catch TJ Watt. And the Cowboys defense dropped off after the Diggs injury.

If the season ended today, I think Garrett would take it. He’s half a sack behind Watt, and excluding the last game, the Browns’ defense was putting up historical numbers.
Yeah Pittsburgh is also meh.....Myles should be in the lead IMO.

Not sure what's going on in Pittsburgh their games are hard to watch they only give up 21 points a game but give up almost the most yards in the league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons is slowly starting to become a whipping boy for frustrated fans. Lol I said after his rookie year that if the Cowboys keep coming up short even he’ll start receiving some hate. It started last season and it’s building. There’s been several threads with fans not wanting to pay him and wanting to trade him. Him being outspoken on Twitter is really causing some fans to dislike him. This is a very frustrated fan base.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Micah is 14th in Edge snaps.
He can be rested a bit more but his willingness to play through dings has been admirable.
Given the Bye he is obviously rested making much of this moot.
But I do agree you'd like to rest him a bit more as we go.

All that said, no pass rusher wants to sit when the other team is behind and must pass.
That isn't just a Micah thing.
And you do not want to rest him to point he isn't comfortable playing tired in a playoff game.
I don't care what he wants the coaches need to take his helmet and cleats and tell him to sit the F down... We need him fresher and healthier for the bigger games and for the real games once we get to the playoffs I say this about Tony Pollard as well they're overusing the dude they're messing his game up he's no longer explosive because they're using him wrong it's the same thing with Micah Parsons at the end of these games the last couple years that were way out of hand he should have never been able to be allowed to come back in period end of story

blueblood70

Reaction score

Not sure what's going on in Pittsburgh their games are hard to watch they only give up 21 points a game but give up almost the most yards in the league.
What do you mean you're not sure it starts with the quarterback and then you have that overrated running back that gets you maybe 3 yards per carry they're not explosive they're not special they have nothing going on on that team other than TJ Watt and maybe another defender or two maybe one offensive lineman one defensive lineman I'm I'm just saying not hard to understand

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you mean you're not sure it starts with the quarterback and then you have that overrated running back that gets you maybe 3 yards per carry they're not explosive they're not special they have nothing going on on that team other than TJ Watt and maybe another defender or two maybe one offensive lineman one defensive lineman I'm I'm just saying not hard to understand
I’m talking about the defense not the offense. I’m well aware the offense sucks. I posted what I’m referencing. The give up 21 points but give up 380 yards….that’s what I don’t understand but you seem to watch them more then I do maybe you know.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m talking about the defense not the offense. I’m well aware the offense sucks. I posted what I’m referencing. The give up 21 points but give up 380 yards….that’s what I don’t understand but you seem to watch them more then I do maybe you know.
But isn't it relative that if the offense is turning the ball over a lot giving up a lot of three and outs a lot of punts the defense is on the field a lot they get a little wore out they don't play as well.. I mean I'm just spitballing here but that usually is the case when you have a really bad offense it affects the defense...

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Parsons isn't Garrett, Watt or Bosa, but he is a chess piece..us playing him on the d-line makes our overall defense worse.
Dallas could have Watt and Parsons right now. But we got a bad Taco instead.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
th

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I feel like Parsons is currently leading in odds because he simply has the best PR agent.

Dude is a gamer that makes some freak plays, but Garrett and Watt affect games in so many different ways. Watt dropped back into coverage yesterday and picked off Stafford. He has more sacks, forced fumbles, and recovered fumbles. The Micah slobberers can spout off advanced metrics like pass rush win rate all they want, but the eye test stands true here for me that Micah likely is the runner up again. All that being said, I am not completely in love with the ways that Quinn always uses him.

We also play some very pass happy offenses the next 5 weeks, so maybe he'll go nuts and gets his sacks. I hope so.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

How are we padding his stats? Opposing defenses game plan for him every week with 2+ guys trying to slow him down. He got a critical sack with the game on the line last week, how is that stat padding?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But isn't it relative that if the offense is turning the ball over a lot giving up a lot of three and outs a lot of punts the defense is on the field a lot they get a little wore out they don't play as well.. I mean I'm just spitballing here but that usually is the case when you have a really bad offense it affects the defense...
That quite possibly could be it. Could be the bad offense.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

Yep. TJ would need to break his all-time sack record to win it. Garrett just has to keep it up. 15+ sacks, top 5 defense, and in the playoff hunt.

I don’t think Micah has a chance if he has his usual 13-14 sacks and Dallas is a middle of the road defense again. Dallas needs to start stuffing the run again and get over that 42 point beatdown to SF.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. TJ would need to break his all-time sack record to win it. Garrett just has to keep it up. 15+ sacks, top 5 defense, and in the playoff hunt.

I don’t think Micah has a chance if he has his usual 13-14 sacks and Dallas is a middle of the road defense again. Dallas needs to start stuffing the run again and get over that 42 point beatdown to SF.
Yeah I agree on all the above. It would be tough. I'm fine with Micah. Its worth noting those guys have a few years on Micah as well if i'm not mistaken. His year maybe next year or the year after or maybe never. The race isn't over but yeah he has some ways to catch them.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Ok. Is this some type of indictment?

Is an accolade from the Associated Press more important than what we see week in and week out?

What makes you say that the team is trying to “pad his stats?”

Is there some comments from Dan Quinn saying that he’s trying to help Micah’s stats?

Sounds like FanZone discussion and not reallly attached to reality of what actually makes a difference.
Last I looked Micah was 12th on the stats sheet, not counting this past bye week...

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score

idk, i think TJ has it so far, he had a nice int while in coverage this past weekend. Myles is right behind him tho