DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Manziel's last 5 games:
  • @ Cincy: 15 of 33 168 yds 1 td 0 int's
  • @ Pitt: 33 of 45 372 yds 1 td 1 int
  • SF: 21 of 31 270 yds 1 td 1 int
  • @ Sea: 19 of 32 161 yds 1 td 1 int
  • @ KC 13 of 32 136 yds 0 td 1 int
Cumulative stats in that 5 game stretch: 101 of 173 (58%), 1107 yds (221.4/gm) 4 tds 4 ints.

According to an NFL QB Rating calculator I found here, http://www.primecomputing.com/ , that translates into a QB rating over that 5 game stretch of 75.47. Not bad, but not particularly good either, and certainly not anywhere near good enough to make one overlook JFB's propensity for knuckleheadness.

And those defenses are pretty good

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Look who he plays for do the Browns even have a WR? Manzeil is a gifted player the only problem and a major one is that his head is wired wrong. If he can finally get it and escape his boy body this guy will be a decent Qb in this league.

That's a good point. I don't think most who matter ie, GMs etc worry about his talent. I'd worry about his propensity to turn the ball over being a wild gun. But it is NEVER knowing when he will do something stupid enough to really matter. And my guess is he will eventually become toxic with his teammates. WRs are tolerated doing SOME of these things. Not QBs. They are too integral with the overall health of the team and QBs need to be immersed in game planning, live in the film room until they know the game, and lead the team on the field.

Manziel is too much of a risk. I don't even see Jerry bringing him here. If he pushes too hard he's going to get pushed back even harder by Stephen, McClay, Garrett and even Romo.

dallasdave

Reaction score
That's a good point. I don't think most who matter ie, GMs etc worry about his talent. I'd worry about his propensity to turn the ball over being a wild gun. But it is NEVER knowing when he will do something stupid enough to really matter. And my guess is he will eventually become toxic with his teammates. WRs are tolerated doing SOME of these things. Not QBs. They are too integral with the overall health of the team and QBs need to be immersed in game planning, live in the film room until they know the game, and lead the team on the field.

Manziel is too much of a risk. I don't even see Jerry bringing him here. If he pushes too hard he's going to get pushed back even harder by Stephen, McClay, Garrett and even Romo.

Hey Jobber did you catch that sailfish ???

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Interesting. Irvin wants Manziel. Johnston wants Griffin.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...robert-griffin-iii-good-fit-cowboys-team-gets

Last edited:

Doomsay

Reaction score
Yes it's a marlin. Black I think. I had a bid in on that boat but it fell thru. So it is gone. Haven't gotten one here yet.

That looked nice, good luck with your search.

I mostly do on-shore fishing - but got very close to a Sailfish while fishing for albacore off a reef in Barbados. The fish was chasing bait in the current and flew out of the water like a missile barely missing our skiff. Fastest fish I've ever seen.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That looked nice, good luck with your search.

I mostly do on-shore fishing - but got very close to a Sailfish while fishing for albacore off a reef in Barbados. The fish was chasing bait in the current and flew out of the water like a missile barely missing our skiff. Fastest fish I've ever seen.

I've heard they are the fastest fish while others say wahoo (ono) are. Both are right rapid.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you have a chance to get a player who has huge potential for this price you have to jump. It's not like he's a thug, this a college kid who likes to party....well, he can mature. You still draft a blue chipper, and if JF develops into a starter now you've got a guy who you can trade and name your price. If it turns out poorly, you flush him, and what have you lost? This may be one of the biggest no-brainers in the history of football.

Just maybe we'll bring in a real QB coach while we're at it.:clap:

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
How has he been eluding the rush and gaining rushing yards in the NFL? How is his QBR when throwing outside the pocket?

Yeah. Thought so.

Do you know the answer to these questions or are you just hoping they back up your argument?

Also using any stats accrued in 5 games to make a point is very faulty logic, in his short time he has been the most effective in that offense over 2 years.

What weight do you give to the talent around him?

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
vs Bengals 15-33, 168 yds, 1 td, 71.8 qbr
vs Steelers 33-45, 372 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 40.5 qbr
vs 49ers 21-31, 270 yds, 1 td, 1 int, 68.1 qbr
vs Seahawks 19-32, 161, 1 td, 1 int 65.9 qbr
vs Chiefs 13-32, 136 yds, 1 int 35.3 qbr

And your point is? In those 5 games, he was 101-173. A 58% completion rate. With 4 td, and 4 int. His HIGHEST QB rating in those 5 games was 71.8. That's your idea of playing well? My standard for well is better than 58%.

3 of those 5 games were against top 5 defenses in the NFL and considering the talent he had at the skill positions those are not terrible numbers.

Bortles had worse numbers than that over his 1st 2 years.