Michael Irvin: I would consider bringing in Manziel

dallasdave

Reaction score
Randy White will adopt him.....no he'd hurt him eventually.

You can't trust the guy and QB is the one of the positions you can't have a Lawrence Taylor at. Manziel has the talent. He has an addiction problem and no judgment even throwing out the addiction problem.

Why waste your time on someone who will hurt you in the end no matter what you do. And no he's not calming down anytime soon.

Well with the talent Dallas had at backup QB( Weeden and Cassel ) I can see why you would be so picky !!!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well with the talent Dallas had at backup QB( Weeden and Cassel ) I can see why you would be so picky !!!!

You don't add anything with a zero. In fact I'd count him as a negative so you're subtracting with him. Then you must factor in you are losing a space on the roster for someone who may turn out to be a player.

Stay away from the guy is the best advice I can give.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Let's be fair, the Cleveland head coach has never treated Manziel as a franchise QB for whatever reason. It could be because he didn't practice well but I don't consider anyone associated with the Browns coaching staff a good judge of talent. I am not excusing going to Vegas before a game (if he did) but I could understand why he would be aggravated after how he has been treated by the coaching staff in Cleveland.

This sounds suspiciously like the rationalizations we heard prior to signing Brandon Weeden.

dallasdave

Reaction score
You don't add anything with a zero. In fact I'd count him as a negative so you're subtracting with him. Then you must factor in you are losing a space on the roster for someone who may turn out to be a player.

Stay away from the guy is the best advice I can give.

How about him running the wildcat and coming in on 3rd and short ? Might help Romo to play longer if he can take those 3rd downs off ???

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yeah, shutup Michael. You've done a thousand dumb*** things in your life and now you're trying to get the Cowboys to do the same? :facepalm:

Yeah you're right, let's just hang on to Tony uh oh, and bad back/collarbone Tony.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeah you're right, let's just hang on to Tony uh oh, and bad back/collarbone Tony.

My IQ is high enough that hyperbole doesn't work on me. So you can ditch that BS at the door. Yes, we need a future QB, no Manziel is NOT it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
How about him running the wildcat and coming in on 3rd and short ? Might help Romo to play longer if he can take those 3rd downs off ???

Let's see....take Romo out on your money down and put Manziel in. Hmmmm..........NO.

Frozen700

Reaction score
So fear of Tony POSSIBLY getting hurt makes you go out and get a failed addicted QB. I'll try another solution.

Look, he's always hurt, and he's aging. We really haven't went far with him.

I think it's time we move on.

It was fun though

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you take the time to read Irvin's comments, he is not unreasonable in what he is saying.

Gronkowski blows up the dance floor, it's cute. Manziel does it, he is raping and pillaging.

What he does not seem to get is that you do not do that when you are a celebrity QB.

You can if you're a celebrity QB that is among the best in the league. That's the thing that matter. You can get away with a lot of things in the NFL if you're playing great.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Look, he's always hurt, and he's aging. We really haven't went far with him.

I think it's time we move on.

It was fun though

We will move on. But his contract says we can't right now. Manziel will move on somewhere but Dallas (my opinion).

Brooksey

Reaction score
Michael Irvin: I would consider bringing in Manziel; you don't have to be a monk to take football seriously

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW
Former Cowboys receiver and Hall of Famer Michael Irvin joined ESPN Radio in San Antonio. Here are some highlights.
Do you think the Cowboys should take a flier or Johnny Manziel or RG III?

Michael Irvin:
It's an interesting concept. These quarterbacks have an ability to run. Tony has an ability to elude. Understand the offense that the Cowboys run. It's really a pocket passing offense. Troy Aikman ran it to perfection. I would take either one of those guys over what we had playing early on as a backup to Tony Romo. If you could change their game so that they could be a little bit more of a pocket passer and use their ability to get out of the pocket.

Could Kellen Moore be a backup for the Cowboys?

Michael Irvin:
I like what I saw out of Kellen Moore. I like the command that he showed in a short time. Remember he didn't have Dez Bryant on the football field. But we're gonna need more than just two quarterbacks.

If Manziel really did go to Vegas and miss that treatment, how much does that hurt him if Cleveland does part ways with him

Michael Irvin: Let's be real. I'm sure football is important to the kid. It's not the smartest thing in the world for him to go out there. There could have been 50 other top players that could have gone to Vegas and nobody would have said a thing. But Johnny has to understand who he is. That kind of disturbs me. That so many people are looking to bring this kid down. He's young and he's not making the best decisions. But I feel like some people are looking to bring that kid down, which I just find amazing. Any little thing you do becomes some kind of indication that you don't take football seriously? It flat out blows my mind. Dez Bryant goes to New York and he's not playing. Football's not important to Dez? We don't say that. I know the kid. He has to be smarter. But let's not say he's not taking football seriously. You don't have to be a monk to take football seriously.

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...bringing-manziel-monk-take-football-seriously

I see what Michael Irvin is saying, the appeal by some to bring a "kid" down is disturbing. With that said I don't want Manziel in Dallas because were picking 4th and don't need to make that move. I hope Johnny Manziel gets his act together, he's very talented.