Michael Jackson dead from Cardiac Arrest...*Confirmed*

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2822789 said:
Interesting you say nobody wanted to be around him..

He had 50 shows scheduled in Europe that sold out in minutes. So, somebody wanted to see him.

How he's perceived now is a sad deal, but he was still a big concert draw.

Hey girl ;);););););)...

Sorry about the other night, OK? (I had an employee die that day, so.......)

OK, that said, people will come out to see a show. Hell, I WOULD'VE paid to see Micheal Jackson in 2009. That whole "bartending" throw-down the other night, THAT'S when I was in my bartending heyday! 1980-85, during all that "Thriller" stuff! It was a blast and I loved MJ back then, like everyone did. And I was bummed to see all the crap that happened to him since then.

But no one with a vested interested in the business would hook their star to Micheal Jackson for quite some time now. Too toxic. Too weird. Too polarizing. Oh yeah, I know that some promoter in Saudi Arabia or Luxumburgh invested in a show or two, but the "Micheal Jackson" brand became a cancer and "too be avoided" where it counts for years and years now. For the obvious reasons...................

BIGWAY

Reaction score
Funny you should say that. While stationed in the Navy, I went on a South American cruise and we stopped in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. there was a brazillian that looked just like Mike there doing impersonations and taking pictures at the club we went to. There use to be lots of look alikes and they will probably start coming out again.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Jeez. If you don't like a guy don't bother commenting. Him or Elvis. Both were just humans, not likely to handle such outstanding fame and got crushed under the pressure.

No need to degrade either for it. You've got talentless goons taking a punch in the face begging for the kind of attention a couple of talented guys happened to have, more deserving of ridicule than these two.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It's hard to find a finer body of work from a single artist. Thriller was a masterpiece. Rest In Piece Michael.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2822793 said:
Just plain ignorant.

Lighten up. It's a joke.

Like I said, your post is a self-evident manifestation of what I just said.

I never heard a nice word about MJ for almost 20 years now. David Letterman and Jay Leno had a cottage industry over making fun of him. He was a tailor-made, served-up and ready fall guy for anyone who ran out of current jokes for 20 years now. Just roll out the "Micheal Jackson" joke and you were safe. Remember "Whako-Jacko"???

Now, for at least a day, all you "proper" people are going to grow some manners and "respect for the dead" all of a sudden like, huh? After tormenting the poor guy for a couple decades, calling him every name in the book, NOW SUDDENLY we all just LOVED Mike, huh?

I loved Michael Jackson.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
mowtown25moonwalk.gif

RIP Michael. Greatest dancer of our time.:mchammer:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lewpac;2822803 said:
Hey girl ;);););););)...

Sorry about the other night, OK? (I had an employee die that day, so.......)
No need to apologize. I take very little off this board personally.

OK, that said, people will come out to see a show. Hell, I WOULD'VE paid to see Micheal Jackson in 2009. That whole "bartending" throw-down the other night, THAT'S when I was in my bartending heyday! 1980-85, during all that "Thriller" stuff! It was a blast and I loved MJ back then, like everyone did. And I was bummed to see all the crap that happened to him since then.

But no one with a vested interested in the business would hook their star to Micheal Jackson for quite some time now. Too toxic. Too weird. Too polarizing. Oh yeah, I know that some promoter in Saudi Arabia or Luxumburgh invested in a show or two, but the "Micheal Jackson" brand became a cancer and "too be avoided" where it counts for years and years now. For the obvious reasons...................
While the Michael Jackson brand might have been soured, he was still a great draw. And it was one of the reasons why he and his family were beefing, because they wanted to go out on a Jackson family tour...and he didn't, because of his London obligations.

So if he was still a great draw, then that means somebody in the business was willing to invest in him and all his eccentricity.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
my heart breaks for the young michael jackson that i remember in the 70's and 80's.

he was incredible.

i feel in my heart that the reason he went haywire is a direct result of the physical and mental abuse his father dished out to him and his siblings.

his father is a piece of ****....plain and simple.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
lewpac;2822788 said:
He got his wish..............

He was born a poor, black boy.
He wanted to die a rich, white woman.

Typically, you get more flowers and accolades than any time in your life when you die. Few had anything nice to say about they guy the last decade and a half.

His talent/production effort fell off the charts. The accusations of pedophilia, the law suits, the troubles with his producers, the alterations to his physicals, canceled concerts and appearances, dangling the baby, weird marriages, drug and pain killer rumors, etc...................

Everything he did the last 20 years, there was a lawyer there at the ready to either file a law suit or defend him. He was even at odds with his own family and refused to participate in a Jackson Family reunion deal.

He was no "Elvis", as Elvis commanded audiences and fame up until the day he died. Nobody wanted to be within 100 ft. of Micheal Jackson for 20 years now.

This ain't "kicking a dog when he's down" stuff. I just don't suffer hypocrites well. Just call it like you saw it when he was alive, now that's he's deceased (if he indeed is dead). All I've been hearing, watching and seeing on the net the last four hours is "how wonderful he was". Yeah, right. Where were all these people the last 20 years??

If you were a creep when you were alive, then your a dead creep now. This guy got everything he and EVERYONE else wants in life. Fame, money, popularity, etc.................and obviously couldn't handle it. It led him into some dark place of goblins and ghouls, shadows and spooks...........all out to GET HIM.

Too bad. Seemed like a decent dude for a while there....................
yeah like you speak for all the world dude. :rolleyes:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
lewpac;2822810 said:
Lighten up. It's a joke.

I never heard a nice word about MJ for almost 20 years now. David Letterman and Jay Leno had a cottage industry over making fun of him. He was a tailor-made, served-up and ready fall guy for anyone who ran out of current jokes for 20 years now. Just roll out the "Micheal Jackson" joke and you were safe. Remember "Whako-Jacko"???

Now, for at least a day, all you "proper" people are going to grow some manners and "respect for the dead" all of a sudden like, huh? After tormenting the poor guy for a couple decades, calling him every name in the book, NOW SUDDENLY we all just LOVED Mike, huh?

Bunch of hypocrites.

So just because "two" guys made punch lines about him on late night TV that somehow means the thousands of "other" people that are mourning his death are now hypocrites?

When did Leno and Letterman start speaking for everyone?

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
lewpac;2822810 said:
Lighten up. It's a joke.

Bunch of hypocrites.
seriously shut it already.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2822772 said:
It will be interesting to see the how all the creditors fight over his assets. I am told that he was heavily in debt.

Like bbgun said there's going to be a huge fight over his estate.

Wonder who's going to get the license to all those Beatles songs?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2822819 said:
So just because "two" guys made punch lines about him on late night TV that somehow means the thousands of "other" people that are mourning his death are now hypocrites?

When did Leno and Letterman start speaking for everyone?

Yeah Pretty much it does, most of his money lately came from overseas. This country had a fit when he was in Germany and hanged his kid out the window and we went ape you know what.

The media has bashed him, the kids dont know him, only as a freak and no one wanted to hear from him.

So how all of a sudden with his dying does that make up for it? If you liked him you were gay and if you bashed him you were up to date. Read the posts, and than tell me how many times you heard from anyone that they even knew 1 song from his lastest work?

This is getting old, the guy was broken as a kid and didnt get better. Its not his fault but the media had no problem using him when he was high and bashing him when he was done and the country went right with the media.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
peplaw06;2822821 said:
Like bbgun said there's going to be a huge fight over his estate.

Wonder who's going to get the license to all those Beatles songs?
If his beneficiaries are set up properly, Debbie Rowe via her kids with him.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
lewpac;2822763 said:
Someones got to say it, so here goes.................

ELVIS, ELVIS, ELVIS, ELVIS, ELVIS, ELVIS, ELVIS, ELVIS, ELVIS, etc........

I may have bad timing, and I know I'll hear more than a little bit about "insensitive" and being tacky.

But mark my words.......Either he ain't dead at all and this is just another Micheal Jackson screwy stunt to make himself legendary. OR, if he is indeed deceased, there's gonna' be a cottage industry ala Elvis and JFK about supposed "sightings" and "living on a secluded island, "still alive" stuff for the next 100 years.

Right after whatever mourning period that's necessary, the "conspiracy" stuff will start about him really being alive and living in South America or something. Just a matter of time.....................
Please tell me YOU'RE not arguing for a conspiracy theory.... :laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2822824 said:
Wasn't she the surrogate?? I think she signed all her rights away.

Geraldo was just mentioning that his children would probably go to his mother since she did that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2822824 said:
That is what they were talking about on Fox News a while ago. His estate would still be bringing in lots of money and the kids would be pretty set.