Michael Jackson dead from Cardiac Arrest...*Confirmed*

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2822819 said:
So just because "two" guys made punch lines about him on late night TV that somehow means the thousands of "other" people that are mourning his death are now hypocrites?

When did Leno and Letterman start speaking for everyone?

Oh C'mon!?!?!?

You're gonna' sit there and tell us all that MICHEAL JACKSON, right up there with Anna Nicole Smith and Hugh Grant wasn't at the top of the list for anyone looking to make a quick joke? Please, sell it to someone whose buying it.

I'm defending Micheal Jackson here. I liked Mike. I think that he was a magnet for every kook money grabber looking to make a quick buck. Was he a little weird? Yeah, of course. But what you DON'T hear is all the millions and millions, and time and effort he put forth to help others. Especially kids who were on the skids. Plus, he was an amazing talent.

At this time, as we speak, what I'M WATCHING FOR is all the hypocrisy and all the "wonderful" stuff I'm hearing, NON-STOP!! When, for the last 20 years, all I ever heard was one thing after another about what a sad, weird and sorry human being he was. THAT'S what I'm seeing and hearing, and it's typical human nature.

It's been going on for centuries now. Nothing nice to say about anyone, UNTIL THEIR DEAD! THEN, suddenly and amazingly, all the lovers come out of the wood-work. Maybe if they said nicer things about him when he was alive, it would've added more days to his life.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
lane;2822816 said:
my heart breaks for the young michael jackson that i remember in the 70's and 80's.

he was incredible.

i feel in my heart that the reason he went haywire is a direct result of the physical and mental abuse his father dished out to him and his siblings.

his father is a piece of ****....plain and simple.

Agreed.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the father or parental "abuse".

Typically, it's assumed as a "given" with any child star that there was probably some heavy-handed parent behind it all. And that the kid will someday be scarred for life once the fame and fortune are gone.......

But Micheal Jackson seemed pretty well-heeled and a happy kid during the Jackson-5 years. I don't know personally of course, but it's clear that his troubles started WELL after his adult-solo career took off. In fact, even after his most successful "Thriller" album, it was a good while before the kookiness and trouble began.

Micheal Jackson was well into adulthood before any of the "Whacko-Jacko" stuff started. Until then, he seemed like a very well adjusted guy with his head screwed on right, able to deal well with all his fame and popularity. I remember he said a thing or two that was derogatory about his folks, but what kid doesn't blame his parents for something or other? But I don't recall him EVER going on and on and on about how his father ruined him for life or screwed him all up.

If there is such documentation, I'd like to see it..............

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
lane;2822816 said:
my heart breaks for the young michael jackson that i remember in the 70's and 80's.

he was incredible.

i feel in my heart that the reason he went haywire is a direct result of the physical and mental abuse his father dished out to him and his siblings.

his father is a piece of ****....plain and simple.

Its possible but I think self infliction and the media did more to damage him than his father.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lewpac;2822858 said:

Typically, it's assumed as a "given" with any child star that there was probably some heavy-handed parent behind it all. And that the kid will someday be scarred for life once the fame and fortune are gone.......

But Micheal Jackson seemed pretty well-heeled and a happy kid during the Jackson-5 years. I don't know personally of course, but it's clear that his troubles started WELL after his adult-solo career took off. In fact, even after his most successful "Thriller" album, it was a good while before the kookiness and trouble began.

Micheal Jackson was well into adulthood before any of the "Whacko-Jacko" stuff started. Until then, he seemed like a very well adjusted guy with his head screwed on right, able to deal well with all his fame and popularity. I remember he said a thing or two that was derogatory about his folks, but what kid doesn't blame his parents for something or other? But I don't recall him EVER going on and on and on about how his father ruined him for life or screwed him all up.

Michael has said countless times that he had no childhood because of the fame and fortune and he struggled with it his whole life. That is why he created NeverLand - to try to get back the childhood he never had. As small children, Joe Jackson forced the Jackson boys to rehearse relentlessly for hours every day. It paid off as far as success in the music industry, but it took its toll on Michael. There were also reports of physical abuse from his father. Michael once said that he couldn't think about his father without wanting to throw up. He also later said that he had reconciled with his dad, but the damage was done.

God bless you, Michael Jackson. Thank you for overcoming your difficult upbringing to bring joy into our lives. Your music and your legend will live on.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
From wiki:

1958–1975: Early life and The Jackson 5
See also: The Jackson 5

Michael Joseph Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana (an industrial suburb of Chicago, Illinois) to a working-class family on August 29, 1958. The son of Joseph Walter "Joe" and Katherine Esther (née Scruse), he was the seventh of nine children. His siblings are Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, La Toya, Marlon, Randy and Janet. Joseph Jackson was a steel mill employee who often performed in an R&B band called The Falcons with his brother Luther. Jackson was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses by his devout mother.

From a young age Jackson was physically and mentally abused by his father, enduring incessant rehearsals, whippings and name-calling. Jackson's abuse as a child affected him throughout his grown life. In one altercation—later recalled by Marlon Jackson—Joseph held Michael upside down by one leg and "pummeled him over and over again with his hand, hitting him on his back and buttocks". Joseph would often trip up, or push the male children into walls. One night while Jackson was asleep, Joseph climbed into his room through the bedroom window. Wearing a fright mask, he entered the room screaming and shouting. Joseph said he wanted to teach his children not to leave the window open when they went to sleep. For years afterward, Jackson suffered nightmares about being kidnapped from his bedroom.

Jackson first spoke openly about his childhood abuse in a 1993 interview with Oprah Winfrey. He said that during his childhood he often cried from loneliness and would sometimes get sick or start to regurgitate upon seeing his father. In Jackson's other high profile interview, Living with Michael Jackson (2003), the singer covered his face with his hand and began crying when talking about his childhood abuse. Jackson recalled that Joseph sat in a chair with a belt in his hand as he and his siblings rehearsed and that "if you didn't do it the right way, he would tear you up, really get you."

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2822863 said:
Michael has said countless times that he had no childhood because of the fame and fortune and he struggled with it his whole life. That is why he created NeverLand - to try to get back the childhood he never had. As small children, Joe Jackson forced the Jackson boys to rehearse relentlessly for hours every day. It paid off as far as success in the music industry, but it took its toll on Michael. There were also reports of physical abuse from his father. Michael once said that he couldn't think about his father without wanting to throw up. He also later said that he had reconciled with his dad, but the damage was done.

God bless you, Michael Jackson. Thank you for overcoming your difficult upbringing to bring joy into our lives. Your music and your legend will live on.

Alright then. I heard some of, if not most of this before.

I'll never know this practically for sure, and I'm no psychiatrist, BUT...........

How bad could it have been? I mean, it seems to me that Mike got the better half of the deal he had to endure. My childhood was no disco either, but even a putz like me was able to reconcile that my parents were ignorant, didn't know any better, and came from a different generation who saw things only one way.

I gave them a pass by the time I was 22 and just moved one. Micheal Jackson didn't appear all that "damaged", and was able to propagate a very successful life and career with HIM calling the shots. FOR A LONG TIME!! THE KING OF POP for heavens sake!! If he were THAT damaged goods because of his old man, he would've folded like a bad lawn-chair before he was 20 yrs. old.

All I'm saying, is that there's only so far and so long that you can blame your parents for your decisions. What's the cut-off age? Even for average "Joe's" out there, at what point to you face adult-hood and take responsibility? This guy had all the money and access in the world to good help if he were REALLY that tormented.

Whatever hid dad did to him, I gotta' tell ya, I would take that deal with the devil to get me what MJ had........................ I would take my chances and put up with it to have a shot at what Jackson had a shot at.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
lewpac;2822858 said:

how old are you?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
lewpac;2822872 said:
Alright then. I heard some of, if not most of this before.

I'll never know this practically for sure, and I'm no psychiatrist, BUT...........

How bad could it have been? I mean, it seems to me that Mike got the better half of the deal he had to endure. My childhood was no disco either, but even a putz like me was able to reconcile that my parents were ignorant, didn't know any better, and came from a different generation who saw things only one way.

I gave them a pass by the time I was 22 and just moved one. Micheal Jackson didn't appear all that "damaged", and was able to propagate a very successful life and career with HIM calling the shots. FOR A LONG TIME!! THE KING OF POP for heavens sake!! If he were THAT damaged goods because of his old man, he would've folded like a bad lawn-chair before he was 20 yrs. old.

All I'm saying, is that there's only so far and so long that you can blame your parents for your decisions. What's the cut-off age? Even for average "Joe's" out there, at what point to you face adult-hood and take responsibility? This guy had all the money and access in the world to good help if he were REALLY that tormented.

Whatever hid dad did to him, I gotta' tell ya, I would take that deal with the devil to get me what MJ had........................ I would take my chances and put up with it to have a shot at what Jackson had a shot at.

You're special.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
i just taught myself the bass line from beat it on my microkorg. say what you will about his personal life, but this guy was hella talented.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Don't really care. Karma is a...well, you know. You can't tell me he didn't diddle little boys, despite the acquittal. No normal person acts that way around kids. Got just what he deserved, IMO.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Here's a message (warning?) from one of the mods at another forum I frequent:

"You may not, however, describe a performance artist as a child molester or anything else unless they have been convicted of the accused crime. NO ONE will put my website in a legal corner that I have to deal with."

Dead people can sue for libel/defamation? News to me.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
DIAF;2822919 said:
Don't really care. Karma is a...well, you know. You can't tell me he didn't diddle little boys, despite the acquittal. No normal person acts that way around kids. Got just what he deserved, IMO.

if he did diddle little boys...who you gonna blame?

how bout the stupid *** parents that let them sleep over?

as far as saying "no normal person acts that way around kids"...

his daddy made damn sure he was no normal person.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Allegedly, this is the last photo taken of him.

400_mjackson_ambulance_newgraphic_090625.jpg

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hostile;2822941 said:
Allegedly, this is the last photo taken of him.

400_mjackson_ambulance_newgraphic_090625.jpg

Whoa!

The image is far too similar to what I saw when my dad died last month.

Uggh.