Michael Jackson dead from Cardiac Arrest...*Confirmed*

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
djdoug;2823177 said:
That is a great song,but Michael didnt create the music.Quincy Jones did,Michael sang and performed it.

This is not all together true. Quincy had an interview on this and in that interview he said that Michael wrote 4 songs on Off the Wall and on Thriller. I can't recall how many on Bad but Quincy specifically said that he was very involved in the writting. Either writting them himself or sharing the writting responsabilities.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Michael Jackson's connection to the Cowboys
9:03 AM Fri, Jun 26, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Davis/Editor E-mail | News tips

Entertainer Michael Jackson, who died Thursday night, had a few connections to the Dallas Cowboys. When the Jackson Five reunited in the 1980s, Texas Stadium was one of the stops on tour. But one of Jackson's biggest moments was when he shared the same stage as the Cowboys in the Rose Bowl as the halftime show for Super Bowl XXVII.

[youtube]TK0dhanq-Lo[/youtube]

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2823229 said:
Michael Jackson's connection to the Cowboys
9:03 AM Fri, Jun 26, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Davis/Editor E-mail | News tips

Entertainer Michael Jackson, who died Thursday night, had a few connections to the Dallas Cowboys. When the Jackson Five reunited in the 1980s, Texas Stadium was one of the stops on tour. But one of Jackson's biggest moments was when he shared the same stage as the Cowboys in the Rose Bowl as the halftime show for Super Bowl XXVII.

[youtube]TK0dhanq-Lo[/youtube]

Even though he was obviously lip syncing it's still my favorite halftime show of all time.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2823226 said:
This is not all together true. Quincy had an interview on this and in that interview he said that Michael wrote 4 songs on Off the Wall and on Thriller. I can't recall how many on Bad but Quincy specifically said that he was very involved in the writting. Either writting them himself or sharing the writting responsabilities.

Quincy's biggest contributions were in the arranging and producing end of things. His skill at arranging is one of the best in the business. He has worked with a lot of artists on the composing end, and he has crossed artistic lines to work with a lot of musicians. He's still working on movie scores and other realted projects. In some respects, it's a shame that they didn't collaborate more, but if Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad are the only evidence of their work, then it turned out well. Jones is the consumate collaborator, and he's always done right by the artists he works with.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Attorney: Michael Jackson's Kids 'Are Doing Fine'Access Hollywood - 1 hour, 33 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Following Michael Jackson's tragic sudden death on Thursday, many wondered about the state of the singer's three children. According to Brian Oxman, the Jackson family attorney, they "are doing fine."

"They are in the care of a nanny," Oxman told Us Weekly. "Ms. Jackson (Michael's mother, Katherine) will care for them and I'm sure there will be all kinds of discussions that will take place about the kids."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: The World Remembers Michael Jackson

Oxman said Jackson's three children are "just beautiful. "They're well-trained, well educated and extraordinarily talented. They get to play with their cousins and their nieces and their nephews. They are just smarter than smart can be."

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Prince Michael Jackson II (sometimes known as Blanket), 7, Paris, 11, and Prince Michael, 12 gathered with the Jackson family at the home of Joe and Katherine Jackson in Encino, California following their father's death.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Michael Jackson & His Superstar Friends

Michael Jackson died at age 50 after a brief hospitalization on Thursday, the Los Angeles Coroner's office confirmed on Thursday. According to the Coroner's office, Michael was already in full cardiac arrest when the paramedics arrived at his Holmby Hills home on Thursday afternoon.

An autopsy will be conducted on Friday

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/attorney-michael-jacksons-kids-are-doing-fine/24378?nc

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
police are now wanting to speak to his doctor who is missing.

Breaking News6:15pm UK, Friday June 26, 2009

Police want to interview Michael Jackson's doctor after the star's family suggested he died because of a drug overdose, according to reports.

Michael Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

The King of Pop suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in Los Angeles and was taken to the UCLA medical centre where he was pronounced dead.

Entertainment website Tmz.com said Jackson received a daily injection of Demerol, a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine, and may have been given "too much" on Thursday.

LA police want to talk to the doctor - who lived with the star and administered his injections - but have not been able to trace him, says Tmz.

Jackson's brother Jermaine Jackson confirmed the pop legend had passed away aged 50 after doctors worked for more than an hour to try to revive him.

The star's body was flown by helicopter from the hospital to the LA coroner's office where a post-mortem examination is under way.

It is reportedly being performed by Dr Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran, who was a star witness in the O.J. Simpson trial.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh..._Being_Rushed_To_UCLA_Hospital_In_Los_Angeles

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Demerol is a serious serious drug. For the most part unless someone is in serious and chronic pain they should not be receiving daily injections of it. I expect we will hear about a wide range of serious drugs he was prescribed. This Dr. is going to be in some serious trouble.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
lewpac;2822831 said:
Oh C'mon!?!?!?

You're gonna' sit there and tell us all that MICHEAL JACKSON, right up there with Anna Nicole Smith and Hugh Grant wasn't at the top of the list for anyone looking to make a quick joke? Please, sell it to someone whose buying it.

I'm defending Micheal Jackson here. I liked Mike. I think that he was a magnet for every kook money grabber looking to make a quick buck. Was he a little weird? Yeah, of course. But what you DON'T hear is all the millions and millions, and time and effort he put forth to help others. Especially kids who were on the skids. Plus, he was an amazing talent.

At this time, as we speak, what I'M WATCHING FOR is all the hypocrisy and all the "wonderful" stuff I'm hearing, NON-STOP!! When, for the last 20 years, all I ever heard was one thing after another about what a sad, weird and sorry human being he was. THAT'S what I'm seeing and hearing, and it's typical human nature.

It's been going on for centuries now. Nothing nice to say about anyone, UNTIL THEIR DEAD! THEN, suddenly and amazingly, all the lovers come out of the wood-work. Maybe if they said nicer things about him when he was alive, it would've added more days to his life.

I agree with you. It's sad that once somebody dies that good things are said about them and people start buying his music again. I personally never believed the rumors that he was pedophile because people are always out to make a quick buck. Look at that first case...The boys Dad was recorded saying that he will make it big if they win this case. He was only out for the money and got $20 mil out of it.

Unfortunately when you are famous, people try to take advantage of you.

R.I.P. Michael :bow:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
daschoo;2823388 said:
police are now wanting to speak to his doctor who is missing.

Breaking News6:15pm UK, Friday June 26, 2009

Police want to interview Michael Jackson's doctor after the star's family suggested he died because of a drug overdose, according to reports.

Michael Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

The King of Pop suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in Los Angeles and was taken to the UCLA medical centre where he was pronounced dead.

Entertainment website Tmz.com said Jackson received a daily injection of Demerol, a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine, and may have been given "too much" on Thursday.

LA police want to talk to the doctor - who lived with the star and administered his injections - but have not been able to trace him, says Tmz.

Jackson's brother Jermaine Jackson confirmed the pop legend had passed away aged 50 after doctors worked for more than an hour to try to revive him.

The star's body was flown by helicopter from the hospital to the LA coroner's office where a post-mortem examination is under way.

It is reportedly being performed by Dr Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran, who was a star witness in the O.J. Simpson trial.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh..._Being_Rushed_To_UCLA_Hospital_In_Los_Angeles

Wow. The plot thickens. This is Elvis and Dr. Nick all over again.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
not gonna lie... I watched his live performance of "I Want You Back" (back when he was 11) on youtube today... made me slightly tear up

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
xWraithx;2823531 said:
not gonna lie... I watched his live performance of "I Want You Back" (back when he was 11) on youtube today... made me slightly tear up

WUSS!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Am I the only one disturbed by how much media coverage this has received? Fawcett got next to no coverage, McMahon got a slight blip, and Jackson dies and it's like the biggest news story since 9/11. I've seen/heard about 4 hours of news since getting off work yesterday and not ONE SINGLE MINUTE has been about anything besides Michael. This should be about a 10 min. story with occassional updates. There are other things that are more newsworthy.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2823591 said:
Am I the only one disturbed by how much media coverage this has received? Fawcett got next to no coverage, McMahon got a slight blip, and Jackson dies and it's like the biggest news story since 9/11. I've seen/heard about 4 hours of news since getting off work yesterday and not ONE SINGLE MINUTE has been about anything besides Michael. This should be about a 10 min. story with occassional updates. There are other things that are more newsworthy.

like this post, for instance.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2823591 said:

Like Bob's fat *** joining the Navy! :D

Duane

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2823591 said:

Ed and Farrah were both sick for quite a while. Michael dying is huge news because it was so unexpected.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Duane;2823606 said:
Ed and Farrah were both sick for quite a while. Michael dying is huge news because it was so unexpected.

Not to mention, neither has the International recognition and/or fame for nearly their entire lives.

MrMom

Reaction score
Duane;2823606 said:

Plus he was the most well known man in the world.