Michael Sam openly gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Bravo to him. What extreme courage that took to come out in this world that's taught to hate his preferences.

The world is not taught this. But you talking like this is what breed's it.

I couldnt care less about his orientation, but I sure wouldnt want to be in a locker room with him. And that, is why this is an issue.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because obviously a gay man would have no control and go around groping everyone. And god forbid you drop the soap in the shower :rolleyes:

Well, just to play devil's advocate, does this mean men should share a locker room with women as long as they show control?

jimmy40

Reaction score
will teams worry about an openly gay player claiming discrimination if he gets cut, doesn't start, contract negotiations not going his way, etc.?

Common Sense

Reaction score
will teams worry about an openly gay player claiming discrimination if he gets cut, doesn't start, contract negotiations not going his way, etc.?

Not in Texas. You can legally be fired for being gay.

tm1119

Reaction score
Well, just to play devil's advocate, does this mean men should share a locker room with women as long as they show control?

Seriously, if you don't feel comfortable being around a gay person in the year 2014 then you need to reevaluate your life. So what, you think Sam is going to go around an nfl locker room hitting on guys or something? What could the problem possibly be besides homophobia?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YES!!!!!!!!!

I would re-think that statement. You won't be seeing......

kathy-ireland-necessary-roughness.jpg

or these!

https://encrypted-tbn2.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU2rZ_OGgRGqeNIiaFenucXky3P8mW_4xnm5b2e876rbSwgAft

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously, if you don't feel comfortable being around a gay person in the year 2014 then you need to reevaluate your life. So what, you think Sam is going to go around an nfl locker room hitting on guys or something? What could the problem possibly be besides homophobia?

You didn't answer my question. You said it's ridiculous since he obviously would control himself.

I'm asking if that means men should share locker rooms with women as long as they control themselves?

I think it's a fair question.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question. You said it's ridiculous since he obviously would control himself.

I'm asking if that means men should share locker rooms with women as long as they control themselves?

I think it's a fair question.

Because gay man does not equal straight woman.

Certainly their gender preference is the same, but gay man's role in our society is different.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If our scouts think he's a 3-4 end, then we should fire our scouts. Politics aside, he'd be a terrible fit as a 3-4 end. I think he's definitely a 4-3 end, more likely LE, but could play 3-4 backer in the mold of a Lamar Woodley or worst case Anthony Spencer

I'm giving our scouts the benefit of the doubt assuming they meant 3-4 OLB.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because gay man does not equal straight woman.

Certainly their gender preference is the same, but gay man's role in our society is different and their relationship with other genders is different.

I don't follow. What does their role in society have to do with anything?

Common Sense

Reaction score
I'm giving our scouts the benefit of the doubt assuming they meant 3-4 OLB.

I sure as hell hope so, because that statement is otherwise terrifying. Even so, most scouting reports don't project him to be a very good OLB, which is why he's mid-round prospect right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.