Michael Sam openly gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Apparently 9 of his sacks came in 3 games against weak opponents, and his size is too small for DE. He is called a one trick pony, lacks the skills of a well rounded DE. Throw in the distractions and I wouldn't draft him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There's another story about Mizzoui players weren't as supportive in private as the public was lead to believe. Still didn't cause a crisis in the lockerroom, but just another perspective to add to all the others.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it begins

Actually it begun last night when news broke. I actually posted a couple tweets about people saying he wouldn't be drafted that high and it had nothing to do with his news. He didn't have a good senior bowl, so his stock was dropping anyway.

This news should give a little boost.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't agree. The reason why men and women typically don't expose themselves in front of each other has to do entirely about sex and sexual attraction. I see no difference between that and a gay man sharing a locker room with other men. There is just no difference whatsoever. If that's okay, then open up all locker rooms to everyone. It's all okay.

So since there is no difference do we follow this to the next logical solution and have gay male bathrooms and gay female bathrooms in order to keep them away from children?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

There's another story about Mizzoui players weren't as supportive in private as the public was lead to believe. Still didn't cause a crisis in the lockerroom, but just another perspective to add to all the others.

I put this story in a thread i made in the nfl zone. I know he's a draft prospect but ithought it would be better in the nfl zone. Theres the story that lead up to him coming out and Eric Waters comments. It sounds like the guy i a dbag and did it for attention. Im assuming. but just his tweets gives you that assumption

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I put this story in a thread i made in the nfl zone. I know he's a draft prospect but ithought it would be better in the nfl zone. Theres the story that lead up to him coming out and Eric Waters comments. It sounds like the guy i a dbag and did it for attention. Im assuming. but just his tweets gives you that assumption

I moved that thread to the draft zone, because until he's in the NFL, he's still just a prospect. Also, deleted that post with the teammmates comments, because of language in the tweet. Which is why inferred that not all were as supportive of Sam as the public are being led to believe.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I moved that thread to the draft zone, because until he's in the NFL, he's still just a prospect. Also, deleted that post with the teammmates comments, because of language in the tweet. Which is why inferred that not all were as supportive of Sam as the public are being led to believe.

Theres a big thread on Sam in the fan zone.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't care. The reason why so many people knew is he told them. I wouldn't have told them then either. I would just play football and let my own sexual preference be truly irrelevant to my career as a player.

When ever this story broke, it would be huge news, he more than likely is just trying to get this out of the way. Missouri =/= the NFL, let alone high profile teams like the GIants, Jets, Cowboys, ect. If he wanted to play football at this level, it would come out on some one else's terms as opposed to his.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Theres a big thread on Sam in the fan zone.

Yeah...And because of it, we don't need another thread in yet another forum. The news isn't so big that we need a thread in every forum. However, I did leave your thread as a standalone since it was more newsy than the rest.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't agree. The reason why men and women typically don't expose themselves in front of each other has to do entirely about sex and sexual attraction. I see no difference between that and a gay man sharing a locker room with other men. There is just no difference whatsoever. If that's okay, then open up all locker rooms to everyone. It's all okay.
Well, they kinda do that already, by allowing female reporters into the locker room.

Gay men have been using men's locker rooms since, well, forever. And men have known that they're sharing locker rooms with gay men for just as long. Of course it's okay. This is a really weak line of argument.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yeah...And because of it, we don't need another thread in yet another forum. The news isn't so big that we need a thread in every forum. However, I did leave your thread as a standalone since it was more newsy than the rest.

that article was good. tells the whole story and why it came out late lastnight. if grantland wouldnt have taken flack for the whole transgender issue this story wouldve leaked before

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that article was good. tells the whole story and why it came out late lastnight. if grantland wouldnt have taken flack for the whole transgender issue this story wouldve leaked before

Maybe.. My only issue about the topic is suggesting he's the Jackie Robinson of the homosexuality. Not even close, and I won't even entertain the suggestion that it is. Folks are certainly entitled to that opinion, but I'll never agree to it. It's a ridiculous premise.

That said, everything I've read about the guy since the news broke is that he's a mid-round pick. His combine will tell the story on his draft status.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't see it as living as a lie. If sexual orientation is truly irrelevant, then why is it important that everybody knows he's gay? You can't have it both ways. Either it doesn't mean anything or it does.

Shouldn't mean anything, not doesn't. If it mean nothing there would be no thread nor multiple media outlets reporting it.

I'm all for treating everyone equally.

Anybody who can blame a man for not wanting to shower around a gay man but doesn't blame a woman for not wanting to shower around a straight man is just wrong. There is no difference between the two.

And if you are truly about tolerance, you'll respect the fact that others don't feel the same way walking into that locker room as you do. It's an individual decision and I can't fault any player for wanting him out of there.

The issue is, your not just advocating for some one's right to feel a certain way. When you say "Then open locker rooms to everyone" in response to a gay man using a men's locker room, it's about more than someone's feelings. IMO, maybe not yours, a gay man has the same right to be in the men's locker room, and if some one is uncomfortable with that, I wouldn't fault them, as long as they don't actually expect them to use a different facility.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, they kinda do that already, by allowing female reporters into the locker room.

Gay men have been using men's locker rooms since, well, forever. And men have known that they're sharing locker rooms with gay men for just as long. Of course it's okay. This is a really weak line of argument.

Risen is also forgetting/ignoring something important here.....................with men and women in a locker room, there is a mutual attraction. Flirting would happen, whatever. We were raised in a society that men and women need their privacy from one another and to decrease sexual tension.

Put hetero and gay men in a locker room, there is only one side that could(probably won't) have an attraction, it doesn't happen both ways. The hetero males would not even look at the naked man in the shower and flirting would not happen, there is no sexual tension there. They are all still guys........

These are two completely different situations.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Maybe.. My only issue about the topic is suggesting he's the Jackie Robinson of the homosexuality. Not even close, and I won't even entertain the suggestion that it is. Folks are certainly entitled to that opinion, but I'll never agree to it. It's a ridiculous premise.

That said, everything I've read about the guy since the news broke is that he's a mid-round pick. His combine will tell the story on his draft status.

yeah that JR comment was something else. He was a 4th round guy before the news. He'll drop more

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah that JR comment was something else. He was a 4th round guy before the news. He'll drop more

Or he might stay in the same range. He'll drop on some boards. Rise on others. And then still get picked in the 4th-6th rds. People will speculate regardless of when he gets drafted.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

Patrick Crayton should catch a wide open 3rd down pass in 2007 or not quit on a route leading to an INT in the very same game before he opens his idiot mouth.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen is also forgetting/ignoring something important here.....................with men and women in a locker room, there is a mutual attraction. Flirting would happen, whatever. We were raised in a society that men and women need their privacy from one another and to decrease sexual tension.

Put hetero and gay men in a locker room, there is only one side that could(probably won't) have an attraction, it doesn't happen both ways. The hetero males would not even look at the naked man in the shower and flirting would not happen, there is no sexual tension there. They are all still guys........

These are two completely different situations.

I was thinking something similar. Especially with women, where the physical power dynamic is such that women often do probably feel uncomfortable being nude around a large number of nude males.

With the usual distribution of gay males in a population, for example, there are unlikely to be significant issues. In a hypothetical locker room where everyone was gay, you could pretty easily imagine a culture where a heterosexually oriented person could feel uncomfortable, and maybe even threatened.

Either way, the circumstances are similar, but they're not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.