Mickey: Be Reasonable Judging Young QB

fivetwos

Reaction score
The guy has plenty of talent, just as raw as tartare. I couldn’t know why anyone would actually root against him.

Thing is, given the fact that he is a FA at the same time as Prescott, trading for him never made much sense to me.

Unless Prescott gets hurt and Lance tears it up for at least several games, how could you ever trust him to be QB1? And if that actually happens, you’ll need to pay him well as he will have several suitors. There’s no rookie contract benefit here.

How could Dallas have ever come out ahead in this situation?

I know the actual answer but I’ve said it about a dozen times already.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The guy has plenty of talent, just as raw as tartare. I couldn’t know why anyone would actually root against him.

Thing is, given the fact that he is a FA at the same time as Prescott, trading for him never made much sense to me.

Unless Prescott gets hurt and Lance tears it up for at least several games, how could you ever trust him to be QB1? And if that actually happens, you’ll need to pay him well as he will have several suitors. There’s no rookie contract benefit here.

How could Dallas have ever come out ahead in this situation?

I know the actual answer but I’ve said it about a dozen times already.
Only way Trance plays is if when we are mathematically eliminated.

stinkface

Reaction score
Folks I remember Chad Hutchinson. Saw him in training camp in San Antonio. He could throw a Football through a brick wall because he was a pitcher in College. However 9 out of 10 times he couldn't hit the brick wall. Like watching Wild Thing in Major League.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Folks I remember Chad Hutchinson. Saw him in training camp in San Antonio. He could throw a Football through a brick wall because he was a pitcher in College. However 9 out of 10 times he couldn't hit the brick wall. Like watching Wild Thing in Major League.
That is exactly whynyou don't see NFL teams drafting pitchers that never played QB.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There is no being “reasonable” judging young NFL quarterbacks. Jalen Hurts is pretty much considered a bum by national media. He’s 21 months older than Lance. The time is now, for every quarterback. That’s just the way it goes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There is no being “reasonable” judging young NFL quarterbacks. Jalen Hurts is pretty much considered a bum by national media. He’s 21 months older than Lance. The time is now, for every quarterback. That’s just the way it goes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
High draft picks come with high and sometimes unreasonable expectations. QB's need multiple things around them to be successful.

CWR

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-let-s-be-reasonable-judging-young-qb

:popcorn: on this one for sure. 1st it is Mickey, so we have his haters. 2nd he makes some valid points, but we have the Trey haters. :laugh:

He also says what we seen are thing they seen in practice. Throws too high, inconsistent, holds on to the ball longer than needed. However, he also drops some dimes and makes good decisions.

MM did the team no favors by going for it on 4th down every time, except the 65 yard FG attempt. As MM did not make it a priority to win. He wanted to see Trey in certain. and different situations.

Actually read the article for once. :muttley:
My biggest concern with Trey is he's too far away from where he needs to be in the time we have him under contract.

I totally understand being patient, but what happens if he's 2 years away and we only have him for one year?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I sure hope they don't fight armatures, they'd lose every time.
That is why Trance is a waste of time.

He is focused on footwork and throwing mechanics, when he needs to learn how to read a defense and anticipate throwing WR's open.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You obviously do have a dog in this fight....hence the asinine response.
Why asinine?

What people love about Trance:

He is young. Which is a given for 98% of all draft picks.

He has a good arm. All MLB pitching prospects have a good arm.

He has a great attitude. That should not be hard to find.

He is a good athlete. Not all college pitchers are good athletes, but several of them are.

All boxes are checked.

shabazz

Reaction score
The ones that root against him are Daks personal fan Bois....and we all know who they are, lol

Personally I believe that Shanahan is a better judge than anyone else out there in regards to Lance's ability and the draft capital they put out for him really speaks volumes about them letting him go for a 4th.....but im willing to let it play out before declaring him " totally unfit"

The future starts in 2025.......perhaps he'll be a part of it in some capacity

Chasing6

Reaction score
The ones that root against him are Daks personal fan Bois....and we all know who they are, lol

Personally I believe that Shanahan is a better judge than anyone else out there in regards to Lance's ability and the draft capital they put out for him really speaks volumes about them letting him go for a 4th.....but im willing to let it play out before declaring him " totally unfit"

The future starts in 2025.......perhaps he'll be a part of it in some capacity
Please explain how this raw talent is going to come out, when he sits the bench this year???

stinkface

Reaction score
That is exactly whynyou don't see NFL teams drafting pitchers that never played QB.
He played QB in college as well. Jerry loved him. Looked like Troy. 6 feet 4 inch and blond hair. Think he went to U of California

eromeopolk

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-let-s-be-reasonable-judging-young-qb

:popcorn: on this one for sure. 1st it is Mickey, so we have his haters. 2nd he makes some valid points, but we have the Trey haters. :laugh:

He also says what we seen are thing they seen in practice. Throws too high, inconsistent, holds on to the ball longer than needed. However, he also drops some dimes and makes good decisions.

MM did the team no favors by going for it on 4th down every time, except the 65 yard FG attempt. As MM did not make it a priority to win. He wanted to see Trey in certain. and different situations.

Trey is not a young QB. The 3 year rule is up. He is entering his 5th year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trey is not a young QB. The 3 year rule is up. He is entering his 5th year.
He is young in the fact that he entered the draft way too early. He is old in the fact that he has really no game experience.

If I was him I would try to play in the Canadian Foornall league and the Arena football League in the same year. They have different seasons.

The Arena league will force him to get the all out quick.

He needs all the playing time he can get.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Mickey is a company man. he has to protect jerry and his stupidity.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Mickey would be correct if we had just drafted Trey. We didn't. This is is 4th year in the league. We spent a 3rd or 4th rd pick to get him. He's nowhere near as good as Cooper Rush. People are accurately judging Trey as not even close to being starter material right now and doubtful he ever will. He was a very risky pick to begin with. SF rolled the dice and crapped out and washed their hands with him. We are seeing first hand why SF wanted to move on.
He lost time with the broken hand and then the broken leg.

This is his first camp with us, and his first full year with the QB coaches (private and team.)

They’ve changed his footwork and delivery motion.

Expecting Tony Romo numbers in his first game is asking a lot.