Mickey: Be Reasonable Judging Young QB

Chasing6

Reaction score
He lost time with the broken hand and then the broken leg.

This is his first camp with us, and his first full year with the QB coaches (private and team.)

They’ve changed his footwork and delivery motion.

Expecting Tony Romo numbers in his first game is asking a lot.
His footwork is still horrendous.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like you're a Cowboys fan. If you were, you easily would want the best capable QB throwing for the Cowboys. That is QB1.
Dude, I've been reading this board dang near every day since the early 00's. I've also repped the Cowboys in roughly 30 states and 5 countries outside of the US. What do you mean I'm not a fan? Come on, you're better than that.

Having somebody in position to replace Dak would open up numerous possibilities to bolster the roster in areas of weakness. Folks complain about the defense, but it's weaknesses are a result of an unbalanced allocation of funds towards the offense. How do you correct this? By redistributing assets.

The quickest, most efficient way to do that would be to let Dak walk at the end of the season. It would be alot easier to do that if we had a guy on the roster that can step in and be a serviceable QB. Lance hasn't done that yet, therefore your statement is correct. Dak is the best option this year. I've never said otherwise, nor have I said that Lance should start over Dak at any point, and I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Unless Dak can prove he can do it without Lamb, we're looking at alot of money being tied into an offense that has failed at the worst of times. Is it so difficult to understand why somebody would entertain the thought of reorganizing the roster after 8 years of failure? How about 29 years? I want Dak and this team to succeed as much as you, or anyone else on this board. I just don't think it will happen, and I'm offering my thoughts on how this team could effectively move forward with a new QB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dude, I've been reading this board dang near every day since the early 00's. I've also repped the Cowboys in roughly 30 states and 5 countries outside of the US. What do you mean I'm not a fan? Come on, you're better than that.

Having somebody in position to replace Dak would open up numerous possibilities to bolster the roster in areas of weakness. Folks complain about the defense, but it's weaknesses are a result of an unbalanced allocation of funds towards the offense. How do you correct this? By redistributing assets.

The quickest, most efficient way to do that would be to let Dak walk at the end of the season. It would be alot easier to do that if we had a guy on the roster that can step in and be a serviceable QB. Lance hasn't done that yet, therefore your statement is correct. Dak is the best option this year. I've never said otherwise, nor have I said that Lance should start over Dak at any point, and I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Unless Dak can prove he can do it without Lamb, we're looking at alot of money being tied into an offense that has failed at the worst of times. Is it so difficult to understand why somebody would entertain the thought of reorganizing the roster after 8 years of failure? How about 29 years? I want Dak and this team to succeed as much as you, or anyone else on this board. I just don't think it will happen, and I'm offering my thoughts on how this team could effectively move forward with a new QB.
I agree, but Lance is not the QB to replace Dak. Plus, Lance's contract is up after this season. I doubt he will want to stick around for less per year than Jerry just paid him ($5 mil) this year just to be our 3rd string QB. Jerry put the Cowboys in a bad spot. Now they are literally forced to overpay for Dak's services once again for 4+ more years to come. Dak is good. Very good. But his contract price is too high and definitely team cap debilitating. Cowboys have no other option right now but to resign Dak unless Jerry decides to blow up the whole team. Good luck with that. You will lose players like CeeDee and Micah who will not want to waste their prime years searching for a potential replacement who might never be able to put up the stats Dak has with this offense.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I agree, but Lance is not the QB to replace Dak. Plus, Lance's contract is up after this season. I doubt he will want to stick around for less per year than Jerry just paid him ($5 mil) this year just to be our 3rd string QB. Jerry put the Cowboys in a bad spot. Now they are literally forced to overpay for Dak's services once again for 4+ more years to come. Dak is good. Very good. But his contract price is too high and definitely team cap debilitating. Cowboys have no other option right now but to resign Dak unless Jerry decides to blow up the whole team. Good luck with that. You will lose players like CeeDee and Micah who will not want to waste their prime years searching for a potential replacement who might never be able to put up the stats Dak has with this offense.
Dak loses playoff games.

He’s expensive and he’s getting old.

That why they traded for Lance.

There’s tons of video on Lance.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak loses playoff games.

He’s expensive and he’s getting old.

That why they traded for Lance.

There’s tons of video on Lance.
Dak loses playoff games? More like the team in general loses playoff games. Those interceptions have been discussed over and over already.

Tons of video on Lance? What video?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak loses playoff games? More like the team in general loses playoff games. Those interceptions have been discussed over and over already.

Tons of video on Lance? What video?
Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley. Your fall back on the way Dak loses.

Your love is blind...

stinkface

Reaction score
Two things can be true. Micky never speaks ill of the Cowboys because being fired by Jerry at a snap of Jerry's fingers is real.

Second,

Expecting Mr Lance to become the next starting QB of the Cowboys Is like expecting Jerry to hire a GM to replace himself. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Did you learn that word form Rockport...must be. How embarrassing.

Go PM him and learn something else stupid.
Screenshot-20240117-193556-Imgur-picsay.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score

Problem with that I'm going to give you the shortest answer I can give which is very difficult for me you're trying to tell me the league starts for quarterbacks because maybe 16 teams have reliable quarterbacks the other sixteen for decades trying to find the starter and you want us to be too deep and thinking of the future you think that finishing in the top six every year meaning we're picking in the bottom six of the draft that we're supposed to find a quarterback to bridge the loss of our starter to our next guy like how about you Plan B that's just grow on trees dial 1800 quarterback seriously that puts pressure on our starter to either be great or get cut and then we have the next guy up right dude you're living in fantasyland....

In today's NFL the quarterback position is the hardest one to fill and there are 16 teams wishing they had a Prescott we have a top five quarterback at his best top ten at his worst you you think that better planning could have got us a guy to be the next man up at quarterback dude again you're delirious...

Look how many quarterbacks just since Tom Brady left that New England is trying to find a guy they did bring in Jacoby brissett and Jimmy garoppolo and somehow that didn't work but they're still looking there are teams I'm not gonna mention them all literally you what you're asking our front office to do there are 16 teams that can't even find a starter and you want them to have the next man up?

That's almost impossible you have to get lucky literally like San Francisco and don't tell me they didn't get lucky they didn't play and **** they went from Kaepernick and then a bunch of dudes into garoppolo he didn't workout they gave three first round picks for a scrub because that's how desperate the NFL is and look at how many bad quarterbacks are taken in the first round they're all reaches they're all hopeful and that's as a starter not as a next guy up and then block party just happened to be good just like New England Tom Brady that wasn't a plan that was an absolute stumble upon some great luck and finding a guy like that and you want our front office the plan that no typically it's unplanned...

Sorry I was wrong it wasn't short that's as short as I can go but there are hundreds of other examples but I could tell you this 95 quarterbacks drafted just since 2016 and only one of them has won a Super Bowl many of them are not even successful at all that's why you have all these retreads quarterbacks going from one team to the other you got guys like Dalton still hanging on to a job... It is that tough and you're asking them to do the impossible it's like all the other positions on our team everybody thinks we should be 3 heap everyone's worried about wide receiver three what we shouldn't do is appreciate that we have two good wide receivers and a tight end and not asking the front office that they're supposed to put a third great wide receiver on this team that is the problem around here they think it's that easy to have depth with a heart salary cap and a top heavy roster taking up most of the salary cap...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-let-s-be-reasonable-judging-young-qb

:popcorn: on this one for sure. 1st it is Mickey, so we have his haters. 2nd he makes some valid points, but we have the Trey haters. :laugh:

He also says what we seen are thing they seen in practice. Throws too high, inconsistent, holds on to the ball longer than needed. However, he also drops some dimes and makes good decisions.

MM did the team no favors by going for it on 4th down every time, except the 65 yard FG attempt. As MM did not make it a priority to win. He wanted to see Trey in certain. and different situations.

Actually read the article for once. :muttley:
I just made a comment in another threead...I am rewatching the game...and Lance is not as bad as some are trying to make him

I don;t know what their malfunction is about it...trying to look like and expert?

The 1st two series had him making plays and looing pretty sharp. I don;t get it!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem with that I'm going to give you the shortest answer I can give which is very difficult for me you're trying to tell me the league starts for quarterbacks because maybe 16 teams have reliable quarterbacks the other sixteen for decades trying to find the starter and you want us to be too deep and thinking of the future you think that finishing in the top six every year meaning we're picking in the bottom six of the draft that we're supposed to find a quarterback to bridge the loss of our starter to our next guy like how about you Plan B that's just grow on trees dial 1800 quarterback seriously that puts pressure on our starter to either be great or get cut and then we have the next guy up right dude you're living in fantasyland....

In today's NFL the quarterback position is the hardest one to fill and there are 16 teams wishing they had a Prescott we have a top five quarterback at his best top ten at his worst you you think that better planning could have got us a guy to be the next man up at quarterback dude again you're delirious...

Look how many quarterbacks just since Tom Brady left that New England is trying to find a guy they did bring in Jacoby brissett and Jimmy garoppolo and somehow that didn't work but they're still looking there are teams I'm not gonna mention them all literally you what you're asking our front office to do there are 16 teams that can't even find a starter and you want them to have the next man up?

That's almost impossible you have to get lucky literally like San Francisco and don't tell me they didn't get lucky they didn't play and **** they went from Kaepernick and then a bunch of dudes into garoppolo he didn't workout they gave three first round picks for a scrub because that's how desperate the NFL is and look at how many bad quarterbacks are taken in the first round they're all reaches they're all hopeful and that's as a starter not as a next guy up and then block party just happened to be good just like New England Tom Brady that wasn't a plan that was an absolute stumble upon some great luck and finding a guy like that and you want our front office the plan that no typically it's unplanned...

Sorry I was wrong it wasn't short that's as short as I can go but there are hundreds of other examples but I could tell you this 95 quarterbacks drafted just since 2016 and only one of them has won a Super Bowl many of them are not even successful at all that's why you have all these retreads quarterbacks going from one team to the other you got guys like Dalton still hanging on to a job... It is that tough and you're asking them to do the impossible it's like all the other positions on our team everybody thinks we should be 3 heap everyone's worried about wide receiver three what we shouldn't do is appreciate that we have two good wide receivers and a tight end and not asking the front office that they're supposed to put a third great wide receiver on this team that is the problem around here they think it's that easy to have depth with a heart salary cap and a top heavy roster taking up most of the salary cap...
What is his ranking in the playoffs?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rooting against someone and stating the obvious are two different things.

Just like Fantasy and Reality.

I prefer to live in the world of reality instead Jerry's Fantasy World.
So NFL is a reality for you? Hmmm..interesting.