Mike Jenkins: A Disgrace To The Star...

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Warick;2393050 said:
Watching the NFL channel, and just before the commercial break, they show that play, and deion says "No, he didn't, did you see that?"

If you get called out by Deion about not hitting a player, you know it's got to be bad.

shnagy

Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2393439 said:
Ok, so he GAVE UP a Touchdown & he SCORED a Touchdown. Shouldn't that even out?

No because he didn't try to tackle someone in a game where we were getting blown out and the offense kept turning it over. :rolleyes:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2393439 said:
Ok, so he GAVE UP a Touchdown & he SCORED a Touchdown. Shouldn't that even out?

What? That makes zero sense. He made an easy play and rolled over on a TD saving (no matter what the score was) tackle. No it doesn't. He should be tared and feathered.:D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
newlander;2392622 said:
I have never said that in my 32 years of being a fan of this team. To quit on that run play and not tackle Ward....I'm glad Fox caught it because it was so obvious I caught it live. He was at the EIGHT YARD LINE FOR GOD SAKES:bang2: I'm back to where I really think Wade has lost this team. The proof is in the pudding guys.

It was an awful play, but when you can look at 7 or 8 other guys out there that tackle just as bad or give just as poor of effort, its hard to single him out.

Its a poorly coached team, and this kind of stuff is what you get with poorly coached teams. The technique and effort are equally as bad.

Ren

Reaction score
shnagy;2393432 said:
Yeah, and just because Fox pointed it out doesn't mean he was the only one to do so.

there was a lot of missed tackles but Jenkins was then only one i saw who didn't even bother to try and he was the last defender on that play and it ended in a TD. That's nothing short of disgraceful IMO

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
shnagy;2393478 said:
No because he didn't try to tackle someone in a game where we were getting blown out and the offense kept turning it over. :rolleyes:

Then the whole team should have just left the field. I saw a few players still giving an effort.

shnagy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2393486 said:
It was an awful play, but when you can look at 7 or 8 other guys out there that tackle just as bad or give just as poor of effort, its hard to single him out.

Its a poorly coached team, and this kind of stuff is what you get with poorly coached teams. The technique and effort are equally as bad.

:hammer:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I didn't see it because I had already walked out of buffalo wild wings...but does anyone have video of this play online so I can determine if it was really that bad?

was it as bad as TO's alligator arms a few weeks ago?

or as bad as Jason Witten quitting after the Bollinger interception?

I mean come on throw us a bone...Jenkins makes one bad play and you're ready to cut him? If that's the case, cut the entire team for today's performance AND the performance at Arizona AND the performance at St. Louis.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
So all you guys that didn't think it was so bad that he made absolutely no attempt at stopping the RB, what if Bollinger took the snap with 10 min to go a took a knee? What if Barber took the hand-off and ran straight out of bounds. What if TO just stayed at the line of scrimmage and didn't bother to run a route?

shnagy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2393494 said:
Then the whole team should have just left the field. I saw a few players still giving an effort.

Maybe they should have. They might have been giving effort, but it was poor effort at that.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
shnagy;2393516 said:
Maybe they should have. They might have been giving effort, but it was poor effort at that.

It was a terrible effort by some. But a Rookie should at least be giving an effort.

shnagy

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2393514 said:
So all you guys that didn't think it was so bad that he made absolutely no attempt at stopping the RB, what if Bollinger took the snap with 10 min to go a took a knee? What if Barber took the hand-off and ran straight out of bounds. What if TO just stayed at the line of scrimmage and didn't bother to run a route?

Again, is this the play you really want to focus on out of the entire crappy performance.

Ren

Reaction score
casmith07;2393503 said:
I mean come on throw us a bone...Jenkins makes one bad play and you're ready to cut him?

making a bad play would suggest that he actually did something, which is exactly what the problem is here he didn't. He just put his arm out then pulled it back and let Ward run right past him unchallenged for the TD

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Ren;2393490 said:
there was a lot of missed tackles but Jenkins was then only one i saw who didn't even bother to try and he was the last defender on that play and it ended in a TD. That's nothing short of disgraceful IMO

Agreed. Jenkins was guilty of not attacking the ball until the whistle, but he let up thinking the DT (Ratliff) had the tackle, but James ran into the DT's back, knocking the DT off the tackle. By the time Jenkins reacted, the RB was gone.

There is a TON of blame to go around. A rook made a mistake, it will happen and there is room for improvement. It is when high paid VETS make the same mistakes over and over again that needs addressing.

When the same units (OL, entire D, ST) continue to underperform game in and game out, what are the ****** consequences?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Ren;2393490 said:

did you sleep through the other 59 minutes?

shnagy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2393534 said:
It was a terrible effort by some. But a Rookie should at least be giving an effort.

Maybe so, but before he "quit on the play", about 8 people missed their tackles. Sounds like instead of focusing on one player, you should be pissed at the entire defense.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Ren;2393539 said:
making a bad play would suggest that he actually did something, which is exactly what the problem is here he didn't. He just put his arm out then pulled it back and let Ward run right past him unchallenged for the TD

OK so lets cut Jenkins for making one bad play.

So now you're down to Ball, Scandrick, and Henry. Ball needs more experience so he's as good as a 3rd stringer. Scandrick should have started the game, and Henry is good for at least one 20+ yard play a game and 1 deep burn per game.

Oh, and like I said since we're cutting players for making "quit-like" plays, lets cut Jason Witten for not hustling to make the tackle after the Brooks Bollinger interception. We should have cut TO two weeks ago for getting alligator arms on a high pass. Lets cut Marion Barber since he ran out of bounds once instead of trying to fight for an extra yard.

Come on, people! Armchair coaching is not what this team needs!!

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2392641 said:
That was pathetic. From the only hero of the day to GOAT.

GOAT I hope ur not referring to Greates of all time! :lmao2:

zeroburrito

Reaction score
quitting is not acceptable. even when you can't win you still give an effort. he blatantly quit. i'm ashamed this guy is on our team. i have never seen anyone quit like that before. embarassing. people make mistakes, people miss field goals, people have turnovers. the difference is, that they were still trying. what he did is a disgrace to football.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
it's shameful. That is just pathetic....i mean, really, words can't describe how bad that was