Mike Martz's take on Trey Lance

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The common thing is Jerry Jones..OPEN your eyes Dak has not been here 28 years...you have a one track mind and thats fine..just know when your calling the next QB trash..I'll be here to say "Uhh Huh, tell me more".. if Jerry Jones is the GM what kinda bet you wanna make on the next QB winning a title? If your a Romo fan this whole thing gets even funnier....
What is with the personal shots on this board? Everything used to be so much more conducive to differing opinions without taking unwarranted, asserted shots. You don't know the first thing about my mind and what I think about things; just because I don't share the same views as you doesn't make me have a "one track mind." Keep being condescending in life; it won't get you far.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What is with the personal shots on this board? Everything used to be so much more conducive to differing opinions without taking unwarranted, asserted shots. You don't know the first thing about my mind and what I think about things; just because I don't share the same views as you doesn't make me have a "one track mind." Keep being condescending in life; it won't get you far.
Its not a shot its saying if you think the QB is the problem with this franchise then your having a locked in view on this subject..when clearly the last 28 years has shown us what the problem is.. i have no idea what your thoughts on global warming are....if you took it personal, my bad it was soley about the subject of what is wrong with the Dallas Cowboys.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
More fans don't say it because it isn't true.

Dak started 11 games in his sophomore season, and every game his junior & senior seasons. In other words, he WAS a long term starter in the SEC.

Lance, on the other hand, was a one year starter at a Division II school, which isn't anything like Dak.

I don't care if your opinion of Dak isn't high, but at least get your facts straight.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

JonesBoys

Reaction score
"I want [49ers coaches'] eyeballs here," Martz said regarding Lance. "I've never seen anything about this kid that was encouraging at all. He really has to plant himself to make a good throw, he's not a quick decision guy."

Lance has been praised for his mobility, which was a large reason he was selected third overall in 2021 – but Martz said he "looked like a fullback stumbling around trying to run the ball."

"I've never liked him. I still don't like him," he said. "I'd like to know what he does so well. He's not a great passer, he doesn't have good skills, takes a long time to set himself to throw the football, misses easy throws."

Yes Mike Martz the league knows this which is why the Jones boys gave up a 4th round pick to get him. Jones boys are playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers.

jnday

Reaction score
There's a large group of fans on this forum that think changing the quarterback (Dak) is the magic formula that will make all this team's problems go away.

Guess they weren't paying attention between 1996-2015.
I was paying attention when Romo was surrounded by much less talent and he still played well. Dak has been surrounded by talent that most QBs will kill to play with. Dak said it best when he said the game against the 49ers was too fast for him. Intensity always rises in the playoffs and Dak is not capable of raising his game to the level needed to win.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I was paying attention when Romo was surrounded by much less talent and he still played well. Dak has been surrounded by talent that most QBs will kill to play with. Dak said it best when he said the game against the 49ers was too fast for him. Intensity always rises in the playoffs and Dak is not capable of raising his game to the level needed to win.
I can remember Romo crapping the bed in the playoffs too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo had a lot of talent on the team. so lets not make him into a martyr.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He fumbled a field goal snap under pressure..let me guess that was everyone elses fault...but Dak.. thats all his fault..Romo threw INT's in the playoffs whos fault where those?

jnday

Reaction score
I can remember Romo crapping the bed in the playoffs too.
It was easy to crap the bed with the talent on those teams. Romo’s injuries are telling. Jerry has stated that it was a mistake not to surround Romo with more talent. Romo made mistakes when he was trying to do too much to win games. Later in his career, he was one of the best QBs in the league when he wasn’t injured.

jnday

Reaction score
He fumbled a field goal snap under pressure..let me guess that was everyone elses fault...but Dak.. thats all his fault..Romo threw INT's in the playoffs whos fault were those?
Romo made mistakes early in his career when he tried to do too much. Later in his career, he matured into a very good QB. He could have been the best in the league if there was more talent around him. Instead, those make-do OLs just about ruined him for life.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It was easy to crap the bed with the talent on those teams. Romo’s injuries are telling. Jerry has stated that it was a mistake not to surround Romo with more talent. Romo made mistakes when he was trying to do too much to win games. Later in his career, he was one of the best QBs in the league when he wasn’t injured.
Sure and he took less than the top quarterback every time he signed a new deal. He was never the top paid QB in the league.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He fumbled a field goal snap under pressure..let me guess that was everyone elses fault...but Dak.. thats all his fault..Romo threw INT's in the playoffs whos fault where those?
Troy was surrounded by talent like no other QB in history of the NFL.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Romo made mistakes early in his career when he tried to do too much. Later in his career, he matured into a very good QB. He could have been the best in the league if there was more talent around him. Instead, those make-do OLs just about ruined him for life.
ooh you mean at points the defense couldnt hold or the run game wasnt good enough? During the regular season it worked but when they ran into a complete team Romo needed more around him? ...where have i heard this recently...so Romo carried a bad team as far as he could but Dak needed a better team to go farther?..again Mom, Mommy, Momma, Momma Mia, Nana..how many times do we need to say the same thing? You liked Romo ok cool, you dont like Dak ok cool neither had a GM that could build a team no matter how you want to say it...The funny thing is no matter how hard you try you cant FACTUALLY prove Romo was better or Dak was better..crazy stuff..."No she is called Mommy or you dont know what your talking about!!!"

Chasing6

Reaction score
ooh you mean at points the defense couldnt hold or the run game wasnt good enough? During the regular season it worked but when they ran into a complete team Romo needed more around him? ...where have i heard this recently...so Romo carried a bad team as far as he could but Dak needed a better team to go farther?..again Mom, Mommy, Momma, Momma Mia, Nana..how many times do we need to say the same thing? You liked Romo ok cool, you dont like Dak ok cool neither had a GM that could build a team no matter how you want to say it...The funny thing is no matter how hard you try you cant FACTUALLY prove Romo was better or Dak was better..crazy stuff..."No she is called Mommy or you dont know what your talking about!!!"
I recall GM Jethro saying, we don't need a good OLine, Tony can run around and make it happen.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Every QB makes mistakes. Some are just easily disguised by a great supporting cast and some stand out glaringly.

I believe Mahomes threw an Int in the SB and his defense shut it down, without giving up any points.