Mike McCarthy is making new playbook Dak inclusive and friendly

With Dak being given a big say about the new playbook, is that a good or bad idea?

• Good

Votes: 91 79.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 23 20.2%

• Total voters

Qcard

Reaction score
You beat me to it, in fact Zeke was drafted to be Romo friendly. Of course some want to make the term derogatory. Typical lol.
You mean we Drafted Zeke to Dumb down the Offense for Romo...that is Dak Hate Language :espn: :flagwave:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
On Friday Dak stated, on ESPN's First Take, that the old playbook is NOT being thrown out. And that they're just making "small" adjustments/changes.
**** Whatever that means ****

My prediction is the changes will be very subtle and barely noticable, if any.

Agreed. I think the biggest changes are going to be in the actual game plan and play calling.

GINeric

Reaction score
:hammer:
The sad part is this fool thinks he is fooling everyone and nobody notices.

BTW, he has zero clue about football. You notice all his posts are Dak related and it's always about the person and not football. He has zero actual football related comments.
I've already figured him out. His hate for Dak has zero to do with football, I'll just leave that right there.

He's already proved that he has a very low football IQ. It's hilarious that this particular coward that we're talking about NEVER posts after we win with Dak under center. The idiot just wait until we lose to spew his BS.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I've already figured him out. His hate for Dak has zero to do with football, I'll just leave that right there.

He's already proved that he has a very low football IQ. It's hilarious that this particular coward that we're talking about NEVER posts after we win with Dak under center. The idiot just wait until we lose to spew his BS.
What a ray of sunshine we have here.

Geez, it's just football for crying out loud.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We always play well and anticipate a Super Bowl win in the summer before the season starts. Dak needs to be consistent. Which he has not been since his first season. He has the tools but has not stayed constant. And worst of all he has shown consistent deer in the headlights look every time we play San Francisco. He needs to cowboy up or get traded. Cooper Rush has been more consistent although he does not possess Dak’s talent. As Bill Parcells said, let’s put the anointing water away.
Cooper Rush been consistent. Very consistant.consistent. he has been consistently bad. Produced 22nd ranked offense or worse in almost all statistical categories....that's bad

By the same token any team.scoring more than 20 points against us, we lost. Defense averaged 13.8 pts

BTW, he called Marino a loser. Go figure.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

He called Marino a loser. Go figure

GINeric

Reaction score
What a ray of sunshine we have here.

Geez, it's just football for crying out loud.

Yes it is football.... and there are low IQ cowards who dwell on our board pretending to be a Cowboys fans. Real Cowboys fans post when we win AND lose.

These basement dwelling mouth-breathers post ONLY after losses and never give credit or celebrate wins with us after victories. These weak cowards hide all week until the next loss.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes it is football.... and there are low IQ cowards who dwell on our board pretending to be a Cowboys fans. Real Cowboys fans post when we win AND lose.

These basement dwelling mouth-breathers post ONLY after losses and never give credit or celebrate wins with us after victories. These weak cowards hide all week until the next loss.
Facts ^^^^

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I like dak he has played some good football borderline great football but in crunch time it has not been pretty, so I would let this season play out and see where things stand on an extension.this team is looking pretty solid to me if we can run the football and have balance,fans may love dak

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Is this the same as Romo friendly?
Probably.

It is an effort to do exactly what the situation with Romo was.

There is a significant financial commitment and since the player is above par, they are going to max the situation out.

He had his flaws and the idea is to eliminate the decision making to a minimum.

Hadenough

Reaction score
McCarthy wants to find plays that put Dak into his best chances to excel. Obviously, he'd like to see that occur, as much as possible.
I think that is what Moore was dealing with. Dak is erratic at times and he tried giving Dak those Curl routes to throw to simplify the non moving target.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
For the life of me I’d love to see more read option stuff. With the oline and running game we have it’s tough to stop. Dak also isn’t exactly easy to bring down.

not saying all game but on a couple key plays per drive why not. If it helps you pickup a key first down or two.

When we’ve used it in the past it works for us

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Looks like if all works out or fails, offensively, Dak will be as much responsible since he is being given a big say as to which plays will be used with the new playbook.

Is that a good or bad idea? What say you?

Why would you put in an offense that the quarterback can't handle? Would you have put in an offense that uses lots of quarterback runs with Aikman as the quarterback? Or a high passing attempt offense with Tim Tebow as quarterback?

Of course not.

Looks to me like McCarthy is trying to deflect blame for a no SB season ahead of time, if they don't make it to the SB all he has to say is "Hey, I let Dak determine the offense, I'm not on the field, it's his baby!"

And if by chance they do make it, all he has to say is "Hey, I knew Dak was 'the man', I just let Dak be Dak, look how smart I was to let him do"

:grin:
Sounds like they’re acknowledging his weaknesses. Makes sense I guess, but somehow concerning.
See the above.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Exactly where I’m at my friend. It’s time for Dak to prove that he’s among the top quarterbacks in the league and deserving to be among the highest paid.

That’s accountability, and it’s a good thing.
But but bbbbb But Dak 's NOT the highest paid qb in the league, he 's not even close
RankPlayerAAV
1Lamar Jackson$52 million
2Jalen Hurts$51 million
3Aaron Rodgers$50.3 million
4Russell Wilson$48.5 million
5Kyler Murray$46.1 million
6Deshaun Watson$46 million
7Patrick Mahomes$45 million
8Josh Allen$43 million
T-9Dak Prescott$40 million
T-9Daniel Jones$40 million
T-9Matthew Stafford$40 million

Look you Anti Daksters always argue against points people never make so I won't get into it with you . I will however point out the utter frivolity of your position
and point out just how fulloshizz you guys really are. Dak ain't goin nowhere for the time being and all your setting up strawmen is not going to get him outta here any sooner.
Now when Dallas drafts or trades someone better I'll be all in. I'm ol skool , a meritocracy still mean something to me. Not personal Animus or EyeTests.