Mike McCarthy is making new playbook Dak inclusive and friendly

With Dak being given a big say about the new playbook, is that a good or bad idea?

• Good

Votes: 91 79.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 23 20.2%

• Total voters

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Looks like if all works out or fails, offensively, Dak will be as much responsible since he is being given a big say as to which plays will be used with the new playbook.

Is that a good or bad idea? What say you?

from what I gather there is no new playbook.
dak said they are just tweaking many of the plays, and focusing more on the details, so everyone is more on the same page
with each play.

that has more to do with execution , and every one knowing what to do, and what the others are doing.
I dont know that dak has much say or input, it is all what mike is changing and how he wants it.

The expected result is dak will know what lamb is going to do with his route, and lamb should know when and where dak will throw it.
This is to avoid plays like the one where lamb went behind the safety, and dak thought he would flatten route in front of the safety, and resulted in
a int.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak kills the Giants and Eagles every time he plays them.

I literally just explained how I think Dak gives them the best chance to win. If you have a reasonable alternative, I'm open to it.

That is why I said not all of them. Hell, the eagles got rid of Wentz and he was a high draft pick and they saw he was not all that and got rid of him and , BINGO, they won a SB.

The only reasonable thing is to let him play out this year and let him scoot even if it means the Cowboy won't win 12 games and flop when the lights come on, they can do that with any QB, but hoping for something just because is stupid and even more stupid to give him mo, mo, mo money.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Making things specific player "friendly" has worked out so well for us this century. Surely, doing the same thing and expecting different results will come to fruition soon.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Making things specific player "friendly" has worked out so well for us this century. Surely, doing the same thing and expecting different results will come to fruition soon.

It will, just give him 4 or 5 more years, that's the ticket!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Dak comes up short again this year, the dumbest thing they could do would be to get in deeper and extend him.
Honestly, I think BOTH sides are taking and wait-n-see attitude with this season. It's interesting they chose to restructure just this season when if both sides were all in, why just do the long-term extension/deal? In other words, if this was Mahomes, Rodgers or Allen I don't think we are talking about this coz a long-term contract/extension would be done.

The bottom line is if he starts the full season and we miss the playoff or one and done, things can get ugly, real ugly IMO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak kills the Giants and Eagles every time he plays them.

I literally just explained how I think Dak gives them the best chance to win. If you have a reasonable alternative, I'm open to it.
your perspective is wrong, dak and cowboys beat up on weak poorly coached giants teams for years.
last season they were not so weak, and dak only beat them once, rush won the other game. Rush had to play the eagles in phil with a healthy hurts.

The eagles were clearly the better team, and dallas did not beat them when hurts played. Beating them with minshew is not the same.Plus they were way ahead
in standings, and playing in dallas.
you cant assume dallas will sweep the giants or eagles this year based on last year, and even the wash team upset dallas with that young unproven
qb who played pretty good.

The nfce games should be all tougher for dallas this coming season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I think BOTH sides are taking and wait-n-see attitude with this season. It's interesting they chose to restructure just this season when if both sides were all in, why just do the long-term extension/deal? In other words, if this was Mahomes, Rodgers or Allen I don't think we are talking about this coz a long-term contract/extension would be done.

The bottom line is if he starts the full season and we miss the playoff or one and done, things can get ugly, real ugly IMO.
Exactly where I’m at my friend. It’s time for Dak to prove that he’s among the top quarterbacks in the league and deserving to be among the highest paid.

That’s accountability, and it’s a good thing.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Exactly where I’m at my friend. It’s time for Dak to prove that he’s among the top quarterbacks in the league and deserving to be among the highest paid.

What is your definition of proving it?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
tl;dr

This is the same argument as 2019. It was dumb then and it's dumb now.

lol...if it was to long to read, then how do you know it was dumb or not? It does not fit your argument so it's dumb?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
lol...if it was to long to read, then how do you know it was dumb or not? It does not fit your argument so it's dumb?
I know it was dumb because of the first line. It's the nonsense that people started sticking to in October 2019 after Dallas beat NYG, WAS, and MIA but then lost a few games.

It amounts to "Dak needs to win, but not like that!"

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I know it was dumb because of the first line. It's the nonsense that people started sticking to in October 2019 after Dallas beat NYG, WAS, and MIA but then lost a few games.

your perspective is wrong, dak and cowboys beat up on weak poorly coached giants teams for years.

That was his first line, and I have no clue what you are trying to say. Dak needs to win, period! He can hang with the dreads of other QB's but when it matters the most, well, you see it, just don't want to accept it, and that is OK if that is your mentality.

That is putting words in his mouth, it does not amount to anything, just your thoughts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

It just seems they are going all-in to make sure he has all the right pieces.........trading for Cooks, going to run-first offense, notice MM is literally letting him modify the playbook to his strength, hell, even have a FB on the team. A deep post-season run (NFCCG+ ) ..........

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

That was his first line, and I have no clue what you are trying to say. Dak needs to win, period! He can hang with the dreads of other QB's but when it matters the most, well, you see it, just don't want to accept it, and that is OK if that is your mentality.

It amounts to "Dak needs to win, but not like that!" That is putting words in his mouth, it does not amount to anything, just your thoughts.
Yes, and his first line is what I called dumb because it's invalidating wins in a conversation about how Dak needs to win more.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It just seems they are going all-in to make sure he has all the right pieces.........trading for Cooks, going to run-first offense, notice MM is literally letting him modify the playbook to his strength, hell, even have a FB on the team. A deep post-season run (NFCCG+ ) ..........
And I have no problem with that at all. As long as there is accountability along with it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yes, and his first line is what I called dumb because it's invalidating wins in a conversation about how Dak needs to win more.

I really don't know what you are getting at? It's not invalidating wins because Dak did win those games.

Maybe ask him for more clarification because that is not what I got from that first line.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
And I have no problem with that at all. As long as there is accountability along with it.

Not sure what accountability your looking for. They are not benching Dak if he keeps up his usual play or worse and MM will not be fired during the season. JJ is large and in charge.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure what accountability your looking for. They are not benching Dak if he keeps up his usual play or worse and MM will not be fired during the season. JJ is large and in charge.
Financial accountability. If he plays well, pay him next year. If he doesn’t? Don’t.