Mike McCarthy was absolutely dreadful tonight

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Really? Because I saw a wide open Ferguson down the seam and a wide open Pollard down the sidelines. Guys are open, but Dak is gonna get another playcaller to be the scapegoat.
Aikman is literally on TV scratching his head at the decisions Dak is making and yall still want to blame McCarthy lol.

jay94

Reaction score
Really? Because I saw a wide open Ferguson down the seam and a wide open Pollard down the sidelines. Guys are open, but Dak is gonna get another playcaller to be the scapegoat.

Dak was mediocre all season until this game, that being said I am not saying he was a Mahommes.

Aikman is literally on TV scratching his head at the decisions Dak is making and yall still want to blame McCarthy lol.
One play.

Fmart322

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 10-1 after a loss under McCarthy.
He did all he could to try and go 10-2 last night.
His offensive play calling leaves a lot to be desired, that's for sure.
We definitely should have hired a real OC after KM and the Cowboys departed.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
He really is awful. I don't have a lot of hope either, cause it seems like the play designs aren't good either.

75boyz

Reaction score
Troy seemed to agree with the OP. I will side with Troy's knowledge of offensive playcalling over other posters here.

starfan1

Reaction score
:08 seconds inside your opponents 20 with TWO timeouts and you run the clock down? Throw one jump ball and maybe get a PI
I’m not supporting the coach but out of curiosity which one of these midgets you gonna have try and win a jump ball lol

75boyz

Reaction score
Somewhere that one guy McCarthy used to coach...Remember him? He's slightly better than Dak.
Well anyway, he said a few years back that MM's offense was stale and genuinely questioned MM's coaching IQ in general.

He wasn't looking for publicity or click baits.
And then MM was fired for these reasons.

I'm as anti-dak as anyone on this board.

But if you think this horizontal dink and dunk offense with a sporadic run or screen tossed in is cutting edge then...
Well...
Never mind.

It's possible Dak AND McCarthy suck at their jobs.
And THEY do.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Somewhere that one guy McCarthy used to coach...Remember him? He's slightly better than Dak.
Well anyway, he said a few years back that MM's offense was stale and genuinely questioned MM's coaching IQ in general.

He wasn't looking for publicity or click baits.
And then MM was fired for these reasons.

I'm as anti-dak as anyone on this board.

But if you think this horizontal dink and dunk offense with a sporadic run or screen tossed in is cutting edge then...
Well...
Never mind.

It's possible Dak AND McCarthy suck at their jobs.
And THEY do.
MM got fired and rightfully so. However, you are missing some key events,

That same guy was really upset at MM because he didn’t want to keep some of that guy’s “boys” and the relationship went downhill from there.

That same guy also threw his next hc under the bus as well to the point that maybe that guy is a little bit of a diva.

75boyz

Reaction score
MM got fired and rightfully so. However, you are missing some key events,

That same guy was really upset at MM because he didn’t want to keep some of that guy’s “boys” and the relationship went downhill from there.

That same guy also threw his next hc under the bus as well to the point that maybe that guy is a little bit of a diva.
Yeah,
opinions vary.

75boyz

Reaction score
He put in ot this week. Maybe he was over worked. Dak bailed him out is laughable.
I'll repeat it for the zillionth time.
It's not only possible but probable that both the QB AND the playcaller suck at their job.

Because THEY do.
And I'm not a Dak groupie.
McCarthy just sucks too.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dallas wins the game 20-10 if the referees do their job on that muffed punt. The Cowboys are a defensive football team now and Dak executed the game plan well. The offensive line and running game have to play better.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I'll repeat it for the zillionth time.
It's not only possible but probable that both the QB AND the playcaller suck at their job.

Because THEY do.
And I'm not a Dak groupie.
McCarthy just sucks too.

Not the biggest MM supporter here and he certainly has flaws but he has the team potentially on track for it’s 3rd consecutive double digit win season and third consecutive playoff appearance. That doesn’t suck at all. While expectations are super bowl, you can’t win one without being in the tournament consistently.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think Moore was much better. MM just had a better QB. Herbert was terrible last night. He was missing wide open WRs all night. This much is clear. If the offense doesn’t turn the ball over, the defense can keep us in games.