Twitter: Mike Nolan one to look for as DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LVE and Lee inside, Smith as an edge rushing OLB, find another OLB?

Would work for me.

Yeah.. I mean they can't completely sell out to a 3-4 because they just gave Demarcus Lawrence a ton of money but they need some guys that allow them to be dynamic.

I do think Jaylon is at his best when he is going after the QB.

To me I always thought Jaylon was more of a Von Miller type with a little more classic linebacker ability when watching his college tape at Notre Dame .

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Based on what? He has had success with defenses in NY and baltimore.

He has such a vast coaching experience under different coaches and different schemes. he is a good coach.

take a look at his team rankings as DC.

they stink.

MikeB80

Reaction score
take a look at his team rankings as DC.

they stink.

I dont need to. He has been around forever.

my only knock on the guy is that he is old. This is what I think jerry wants though, experience and a staff that is not learning.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nolan's production as DC was all over the map.

He had a Top 10 scoring defense for one year in Atlanta and Miami, but then some mediocre and bad ones. He lasted one year in Denver but they were 10th in scoring defense and that was during Josh McDaniels tenure in Denver and some think Nolan was scapegoated by McDaniel (who is a total turd).

ondaedg

Reaction score
If McCarthy switches to the 3-4 who is going to be his Gilbert Brown and BJ Rahi?

MikeB80

Reaction score
I would like to throw in that Mike Trgovac is available also and he coached the defensive line for mccarthy for a decade in green bay.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Nolan's production as DC was all over the map.

He had a Top 10 scoring defense for one year in Atlanta and Miami, but then some mediocre and bad ones. He lasted one year in Denver but they were 10th in scoring defense and that was during Josh McDaniels tenure in Denver and some think Nolan was scapegoated by McDaniel (who is a total turd).

agree.

pass.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/NolaMi0.htm

conner01

Reaction score
Mannnn. I would love for us to draft Kinlaw
You think he falls to 17?
I’d love it but think he’s gone by then and think safety or CB is where the talent will be
But you never know who could fall

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't see the Cowboys switching to a 3-4. They don;t have the personnel for it. They have no prototypical NT or OLBs. Maybe Vander Esch can play OLB but Smith is too small. He gets swallowed up playing MLB, how would he fare against OTs in a 3-4? On the other hand, if they are going to switch, this would be the year to do it. They have a lot of free agents and could let them go and replace them with guys who can fit a 3-4 better. Still, to be effective, a 3-4 needs that big NT who can stuff the run. Who is that guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.