MLB 2017 Regular Season

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mets have to have the worst training staff in all of sports. Time to clean house and fire everyone from Sandy on down to the batboy.

They need a change in culture........

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mets have to have the worst training staff in all of sports. Time to clean house and fire everyone from Sandy on down to the batboy.

They need a change in culture........

Doubt they'll do anything during the season.

And again, they may not make any change and use the "injury" as the reason for coming up short.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doubt they'll do anything during the season.

And again, they may not make any change and use the "injury" as the reason for coming up short.

In no way do they make a change mid-season and I doubt they make that change after the season at all. Wilpon is one of the cheapest owners around and I will be surprised if he lets Terry walk once this season ends.

You can't bank on guys like Wright, Cespedes, Duda, TDA, Flores, Lagares and fragile starting pitchers with major arm injuries season after season.....it is like they never learn. Every one of them goes down for awhile each season, that is almost as certain as death and taxes.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So, yeah, the Angels :(

DOA

Skaggs, Heaney, Richards out. That's our 3, 2, and ace.

Everyone is regressing except for Trout (who was out for the last 6 of 7 with a hammy) and Simba (Simmons). Bullpen in shambles. Our young, phenom closer out (Bedrosian/"Bedrock"). I still tune in for Trouty, and Simba's breathtaking plays. But it hurts. Rumor is we are gonna make a run at Moustakas this offseason. Gosh, if we signed Cespedes, everything would be different (I realize he's injured). Thanks Hambone. You turd.

HOU is amazing this year. What a club. Keuchy is the truth.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So, yeah, the Angels :(

DOA

Skaggs, Heaney, Richards out. That's our 3, 2, and ace.

Everyone is regressing except for Trout (who was out for the last 6 of 7 with a hammy) and Simba (Simmons). Bullpen in shambles. Our young, phenom closer out (Bedrosian/"Bedrock"). I still tune in for Trouty, and Simba's breathtaking plays. But it hurts. Rumor is we are gonna make a run at Moustakas this offseason. Gosh, if we signed Cespedes, everything would be different (I realize he's injured). Thanks Hambone. You turd.

HOU is amazing this year. What a club. Keuchy is the truth.

Sounds exactly like the Mets........our ace, 3 and 4 are out coupled with our #2 suspended. Closer looks to be done for the year and the pen is horrid. Half the position players on the DL except there is no one of Trout's stature to watch :(

Be glad yall didn't sign Cespy, if he isn't injured.......he either ko's or HR's......mostly the former.

How can it get any worse you ask??? The wife is a Stros fan! :lmao2:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like the Mets........our ace, 3 and 4 are out coupled with our #2 suspended. Closer looks to be done for the year and the pen is horrid. Half the position players on the DL except there is no one of Trout's stature to watch :(

Be glad yall didn't sign Cespy, if he isn't injured.......he either ko's or HR's......mostly the former.

How can it get any worse you ask??? The wife is a Stros fan! :lmao2:
Ouch! Couldn't deal with a divisional rival fan in the family! :muttley:

At least HOU isn't in your division. Burning down villages in their wake!

Cespedes would be great on our club. Look at our roster. It's pathetic. His OPS+ is great. He'd instantly be our 2nd best hitter (with Calhoun seemingly unable to go the other way -- he pulls everything). Even with the K's.

We've had 25 players man LF since 2014. Disgusting. This is no exaggeration, Dex, 20 friggin 5.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
two of the Mets top prospects are in AAA. Might as well do rotator cuff surgery, TJ surgery, and shoulder and knee replacement, achilles replacement, and get new hamstrings while they are at it so they can be ready to go in a year or two and have the surgeries behind them. It is time the training staff got pro-active in their decisions instead of reacting every time something goes wrong.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
two of the Mets top prospects are in AAA. Might as well do rotator cuff surgery, TJ surgery, and shoulder and knee replacement, achilles replacement, and get new hamstrings while they are at it so they can be ready to go in a year or two and have the surgeries behind them. It is time the training staff got pro-active in their decisions instead of reacting every time something goes wrong.
I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud! I feel your pain, Rob. We have a bevy of guys on TJ or about to get TJ as well.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who's your team, Mike? The Rangers, no?

I started out as a Yankee fan, the last year Mickey Mantle played (1968). I was a young Yankee fan, but still a Yankee fan.

Being that I was born in Texas I'm both a Ranger's and Astro's fan. They use to be at a somewhat even level, but over the last few years the Astro's have surged ahead and are right there with the Yankees in my eyes.

The Yankees have had (as we know) loads of success. Over the last few years the Rangers have had their opportunities.

I'd like to see the Astros string some goodness together now... They were such a bad team that I'd like to see them have some success. For the Yankees the success is kind of a given and they have the resources to play the free agent game. Houston, with their lousy TV contract and the sale of the club does not have those resources so they've had to build from the bottom up. Even when they were only winning 50-some games it was still interesting following the progressions of the future star players as they went through the minor league system.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ouch! Couldn't deal with a divisional rival fan in the family! :muttley:

At least HOU isn't in your division. Burning down villages in their wake!

Cespedes would be great on our club. Look at our roster. It's pathetic. His OPS+ is great. He'd instantly be our 2nd best hitter (with Calhoun seemingly unable to go the other way -- he pulls everything). Even with the K's.

We've had 25 players man LF since 2014. Disgusting. This is no exaggeration, Dex, 20 friggin 5.

The Angels need to rebuild the farm system... That's the beginning of the process. It may take 5 years to create something exciting at the major's level, but that's how Houston has done it.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The Angels need to rebuild the farm system... That's the beginning of the process. It may take 5 years to create something exciting at the major's level, but that's how Houston has done it.
Yup, Mike. And our GM Eppler seems very committed to the farm (as well as international signings).

The farm in baseball is what makes baseball. We've been running roughshod over it for years and it's killing us, despite several hits.

We also out'd ourselves in the int'l market when we inexplicably gave Baldoquin 6m and rendered ourselves unable to sign players for more than 300k.

Dipoto was hamstrung by the org (Arte and Scioscia's love affair with each other), but he had his fair share of head scratching moves. Baldo being one of the biggest.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I started out as a Yankee fan, the last year Mickey Mantle played (1968). I was a young Yankee fan, but still a Yankee fan.

Being that I was born in Texas I'm both a Ranger's and Astro's fan. They use to be at a somewhat even level, but over the last few years the Astro's have surged ahead and are right there with the Yankees in my eyes.

The Yankees have had (as we know) loads of success. Over the last few years the Rangers have had their opportunities.

I'd like to see the Astros string some goodness together now... They were such a bad team that I'd like to see them have some success. For the Yankees the success is kind of a given and they have the resources to play the free agent game. Houston, with their lousy TV contract and the sale of the club does not have those resources so they've had to build from the bottom up. Even when they were only winning 50-some games it was still interesting following the progressions of the future star players as they went through the minor league system.
Thats awesome, Mike. You guys (Astros) are absolutely legit.

As an early fan of Mantle you are obligated to root for Trouty, too :)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I started out a Cubs fan in 84, cause I could watch all their games on WGN.....they had Harry Carey and a bunch nicknamed players. The following year, we got Rogers cable and the Astros games, I remembered them from the Bad News Bears movie. So I started rooting for them. Started going to the dome for games. I have been an Astros fan since.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Astros win 3 out of 4 against the Yankees...

Good news for the Yankees– The lineup is impressive. If they could get any sort of production out of 1st base and a little more out of 3rd base, the would have an amazing lineup.

Bad news for the Yankees– The starting rotation is still a huge ?. No #1 starter in sight. Not even sure they have a legit #2. Just a bunch of 3-4-5 guys battling it out. Losing the closer for a month won't help.

Good news for the Astros– They weren't intimidated by NY. The lineup is very consistent from #1-#9 (provided Marisnick isn't in it). 3 out the 5 starters seem solid or better.

Bad news for the Astros– The fielding seems to have dropped a peg or two. Fiers is a bad starter.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Astros win 3 out of 4 against the Yankees...

Good news for the Yankees– The lineup is impressive. If they could get any sort of production out of 1st base and a little more out of 3rd base, the would have an amazing lineup.

Bad news for the Yankees– The starting rotation is still a huge ?. No #1 starter in sight. Not even sure they have a legit #2. Just a bunch of 3-4-5 guys battling it out. Losing the closer for a month won't help.

Good news for the Astros– They weren't intimidated by NY. The lineup is very consistent from #1-#9 (provided Marisnick isn't in it). 3 out the 5 starters seem solid or better.

Bad news for the Astros– The fielding seems to have dropped a peg or two. Fiers is a bad starter.
Good news for the Blue Jays. Stringing wins together missing all of their big bats. Keeping it up isnt possible. Its damn sure exciting though