MLB 2017 Regular Season

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
How about my MLB leading Houston Astros.....never thought I would be saying that on the cusp of June. Not only hitting for power, but also average.....and very timely hitting as well. Very good starting pitching and solid bullpen work. The defense has done a nice job also.

They need to keep building their lead, cause syrange things happen after the break......

Go Stros

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
How about my MLB leading Houston Astros.....never thought I would be saying that on the cusp of June. Not only hitting for power, but also average.....and very timely hitting as well. Very good starting pitching and solid bullpen work. The defense has done a nice job also.

They need to keep building their lead, cause syrange things happen after the break......

Go Stros
They are undoubtedly the team to beat in the AL this year. What a solid team. And Keuchel, just wow!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Go Stros

The outfield defense has been stellar. The defense at SS and 3B is a little consistent (kids). Neither of the firstbasemen (Marwin, Yuriel) are good firstbaseman IMO. I'd like to see Reed (at some point) displace both of them.

I'd still like to see another arm added to the rotation. Dallas has missed a start and McCullers Jr. hasn't proven he's a 180 inning game (gosh I remember when the threshold for a quality starter was at least 225 innings... sigh).

Thrilled with the offense. No one or two guys is carrying the thing... Like you see with like Washington and the Yankees. But 1-9, very solid. And they've cut way back on the K's. I'd like to see Springer moved out of the #1 spot, but that's just me.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are undoubtedly the team to beat in the AL this year. What a solid team. And Keuchel, just wow!

As long as they maintain health with Keuchel and McCullers, they're a load to handle for any team. It's just hard to envision they're both going to be healthy for the whole season... with of course the postseason being most important.

I think they trade some of their minor league resources for another arm.

They have 5 of the top 83 picks in the upcoming draft as added ammo.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
As long as they maintain health with Keuchel and McCullers, they're a load to handle for any team. It's just hard to envision they're both going to be healthy for the whole season... with of course the postseason being most important.

I think they trade some of their minor league resources for another arm.

They have 5 of the top 83 picks in the upcoming draft as added ammo.
Migosh. They are already incredibly stacked (in the minors) and have that many top-100 picks coming?! Sheesh

As an Angel fan, that makes me tear up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Migosh. They are already incredibly stacked (in the minors) and have that many top-100 picks coming?! Sheesh

As an Angel fan, that makes me tear up.

A couple of those picks were awarded to them (from the Cards) for the "hacking" incident.

RS12

Reaction score
Are you an Angels fan??
Not particularly but appreciate greatness when I see it because I consider it rare. What he is doing goes practically unnoticed because he plays on the equivalent of the Brooklyn Nets. If he played for the Yankees or Red Sox he'd be lead on Sports Center nightly and an icon like Reggie Jackson in the 70's.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not particularly but appreciate greatness when I see it because I consider it rare. What he is doing goes practically unnoticed because he plays on the equivalent of the Brooklyn Nets. If he played for the Yankees or Red Sox he'd be lead on Sports Center nightly and an icon like Reggie Jackson in the 70's.
Amen, brother. We all know this out here in Halo land. Nice to hear it from a non-fan (the media's absence from covering Trout like he should).

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Astros swept the Orioles (who are in a major free-fall at the moment).

Judge hit his first Grand-Slam today.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trout had to leave the game after stealing second with a sprained thumb. X-rays were negative. This still isn't good.

He stayed in for the bottom of the inning in CF, but when he hit the batters box at the top of the next inning, he swung the bat a few times and told Scioscia he couldn't hit.

Thank god the X-rays were negative, but a sprain is no friggin bueno.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trout had to leave the game after stealing second with a sprained thumb. X-rays were negative. This still isn't good.

He stayed in for the bottom of the inning in CF, but when he hit the batters box at the top of the next inning, he swung the bat a few times and told Scioscia he couldn't hit.

Thank god the X-rays were negative, but a sprain is no friggin bueno.

Yep.

Some kind of hand sprain to a baseball player is like a high-ankle sprain to a football player.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yep.

Some kind of hand sprain to a baseball player is like a high-ankle sprain to a football player.
Yup. Just horrible. If he's out for any amount of decent time, it's gonna hurt his MVP chances (which, at this point, have been a lock -- more or less). He already missed 6 of 7 with a hamstring.

He's incredibly durable. Just one of those resilient healers and amazing ability to play through injuries (and, to give Pujols some credit, he is, too). That's the one thing that is keeping me hopeful he doesn't miss much time, Mike.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Wish I would have kept my yapper shut.

Yup. Eppler is expecting at least 2 weeks, but if he gets surgery, it's 5-8.

Just ******* ridiculous. I like Mike Digiovanna, btw. He's better than Jeff Fletcher for beat reporters. We works for the LA Times. Fletcher works at the garbage OC Register.

And please, keep your yapper shut next time :) Gonna tell everyone at my Angels site, this guy RS12 cursed Trouty :)

In all seriousness, this just killed his locked in third MVP chance for the season. Disgusting.

Angels baseball is gonna be incredibly hard to watch now, with the hitters we trot out. Valbuena, our cleanup hitter has a wRC+ of 35 now. How is that possible?? Between he and Espinosa, their negative WAR nearly cancels out Trouts amazing WAR.

RS12

Reaction score
Yup. Eppler is expecting at least 2 weeks, but if he gets surgery, it's 5-8.

Just ******* ridiculous. I like Mike Digiovanna, btw. He's better than Jeff Fletcher for beat reporters. We works for the LA Times. Fletcher works at the garbage OC Register.

And please, keep your yapper shut next time :) Gonna tell everyone at my Angels site, this guy RS12 cursed Trouty :)

In all seriousness, this just killed his locked in third MVP chance for the season. Disgusting.

Angels baseball is gonna be incredibly hard to watch now, with the hitters we trot out. Valbuena, our cleanup hitter has a wRC+ of 35 now. How is that possible?? Between he and Espinosa, their negative WAR nearly cancels out Trouts amazing WAR.
I am thinking Trout was headed for a 9 plus WAR season. Other than Puljols I doubt anybody on the team has more than 3 WAR, and yes they are completely unwatchable. Even worse their farm system is one of the worst in baseball. Trout makes em watchable and close to a 500 team. Without him, look out below.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am thinking Trout was headed for a 9 plus WAR season. Other than Puljols I doubt anybody on the team has more than 3 WAR, and yes they are completely unwatchable. Even worse their farm system is one of the worst in baseball. Trout makes em watchable and close to a 500 team. Without him, look out below.
Yup. 9 WAR was the baseline.

He was on track for 45/25, .330-345 avg. .450 or so OBP, 120 runs, 100BB (~20 IBB), 1.200 OPS, ~200 OPS+, ~170 hits, 35 dbls, 125 RBIs (maybe a little less, but with the way Cam is hitting as well, as Simmons, plus the return of Esco, a real possibility).

Just ******* horrible.