MLB 2017 Regular Season

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Burning down villages and taking no prisoners.

Rangers are DOA. Too bad, wasted a rare, healthy year (so far) of Darvish (tho, he's been letting down, somewhat, recently).

I think it goes back to the Fielder thing... They're still paying a chunk of his salary and it seemed to affect their ability to be aggressive in free agency. In addition they gave up several good prospects for Lucroy & Beltran.

Then they had the injuries to Beltre, Hamels and the complete melt down of the bullpen.

They're probably closer to having to rebuild than they are fielding another division winner.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think it goes back to the Fielder thing... They're still paying a chunk of his salary and it seemed to affect their ability to be aggressive in free agency. In addition they gave up several good prospects for Lucroy & Beltran.

Then they had the injuries to Beltre, Hamels and the complete melt down of the bullpen.

They're probably closer to having to rebuild than they are fielding another division winner.
Hmm... sounds like a very familiar club ;)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
yep, after 3 years in a row of 100+ losses, I am enjoying every moment of this.

GO ASTROS

phildadon86

Reaction score
Looks like the Blue Jays are finally getting it together. I have to give props to John Gibbons for keeping that team in the hunt while missing 2 elite infielders and 3 starting pitchers

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I think the Mets have most of their wins against the Braves, Phillies and Marlins this year. They cant beat anyone else.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yankees at Angels, @MichaelWinicki :)

Say a prayer and light a candle for us, will ya? Tho, we did just take 2 of 3 from the Stro's (as I'm sure you're aware).

Eric Young Jr. has been a stud while standing in for Trout, and Cam Maybin has 2 war, nearly. Among all 7 players with 15+ steals, Maybin has the highest OBP by far, 42 percentage points higher than 2nd place. Among leadoff hitters, he leads in all 3 triple slash categories and wOBA and wRC+. It isn’t even close.

He's been amazing since we moved him to the leadoff spot, and is still producing with Trout out of the lineup. When Trout comes back (some are saying closer to 4 weeks than 6), we need to find a way to keep EYJr. on the squad. He's played 2nd base in the past, he should take over for pathetic Espinosa. But Sosh will keep Kspinosa in the lineup because #veteran. :(

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm stunned the Angels are still treading .500!

The best thing the Angles could do for themselves and their fan base this year? Gut the team. Trade everyone they can except Trout and the guys they can't trade. Take a ton of losses, get high draft picks come next year and start over.