MLB 2017 Regular Season

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
We're gonna lose Mike Trout if we don't surround him with talent, and fast. Which mean hitting on FA three straight years. No Hamilton's, no Vernon Wells, no CJ Wilson's, no Albert Pujols. We also need to hit in the draft.

We also need Heaney and Mark Pryor reincarnated (Garrett Richards) to stay healthy. They spent 6mil on stem cell therapy for Richards' elbow in order to forgo TJ surgery. Well, he was just added to the 60. And if he gets TJ now, he won't be back till the 2019 season. Heaney got his last year and should be back by 2018. Skaggs is coming around and Shoe is starting to pitch decent.

But, all that needs to happen to build a contender in the four remaining years on Trouts contract. That's a hell of a lot of stars needing to align.

He doesn't care about spotlight and money like other athletes. It's bizarre. That is why many Halo diehards are fearful that even if Arte beats another club in the NJ/NY area (his neck of the woods) by even 5mil aav, he still won't stay.

We're ruining the legacy of the Lebron James of the MLB.

John813

Reaction score
I wish I could get into the MLB again. Maybe once that cheap **** Loria sells the team/or kicks the can, I can get back into it.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
We're gonna lose Mike Trout if we don't surround him with talent, and fast. Which mean hitting on FA three straight years. No Hamilton's, no Vernon Wells, no CJ Wilson's, no Albert Pujols. We also need to hit in the draft.

We also need Heaney and Mark Pryor reincarnated (Garrett Richards) to stay healthy. They spent 6mil on stem cell therapy for Richards' elbow in order to forgo TJ surgery. Well, he was just added to the 60. And if he gets TJ now, he won't be back till the 2019 season. Heaney got his last year and should be back by 2018. Skaggs is coming around and Shoe is starting to pitch decent.

But, all that needs to happen to build a contender in the four remaining years on Trouts contract. That's a hell of a lot of stars needing to align.

He doesn't care about spotlight and money like other athletes. It's bizarre. That is why many Halo diehards are fearful that even if Arte beats another club in the NJ/NY area (his neck of the woods) by even 5mil aav, he still won't stay.

We're ruining the legacy of the Lebron James of the MLB.

Orioles fans are worried we'll lose Manny with all the talk about Manny and Bryce Harper getting Trout money or even more in the near future. Im not one of those worrying tho. I think the Orioles will pony up and pay him. They did for Eddie Murray initially. They did it for Cal. Manny is our own. We drafted him. He's staying in Baltimore unless he wants to leave.

Hopefully Trout stays in LA.

I hate seeing guys leave via FA. Its bad for the game IMO.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Orioles fans are worried we'll lose Manny with all the talk about Manny and Bryce Harper getting Trout money or even more in the near future. Im not one of those worrying tho. I think the Orioles will pony up and pay him. They did for Eddie Murray initially. They did it for Cal. Manny is our own. We drafted him. He's staying in Baltimore unless he wants to leave.

Hopefully Trout stays in LA.

I hate seeing guys leave via FA. Its bad for the game IMO.
Harper will break the record books.

I love Manny, WPB. I keep meaning to tell you. What a gem. I hope you guys keep him, too.

Thanks for the kind words on Trout staying, brother. :)

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Harper will break the record books.

I love Manny, WPB. I keep meaning to tell you. What a gem. I hope you guys keep him, too.

Thanks for the kind words on Trout staying, brother. :)

Trout needs to stay with the Angels and Manny needs to stay in Baltimore. Id even say Harper needs to stay in Washington.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Barnes suspended 4 games for throwing at Mannys head.

Now suspend that pathetic manager Farrell as well.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If the Mets are going to make noise this season they're going to have to have some success vs. the Nationals.

Define noise?

Let's say the beat the nationals in every game this year... what's that 18 games? +/-

And then they lose 9 of 10... = noise?

Lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Shame to see such a fine starting staff go to waste.

It's crazy!

Some years back... the Phillies assembled a pitching staff of 4 aces... didn't even make playoffs let alone have regular season success.

Back to the Mets... someone has to be accountable for these guys getting injured so easily!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's crazy!

Some years back... the Phillies assembled a pitching staff of 4 aces... didn't even make playoffs let alone have regular season success.

Back to the Mets... someone has to be accountable for these guys getting injured so easily!
Have you seen the Halos pitching staff??? All three of our studs have had TJ surgery or are about to have it. It's sickening.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trout needs to stay with the Angels and Manny needs to stay in Baltimore. Id even say Harper needs to stay in Washington.

At least two out of the three will be changing teams IMO.

The challenge for Trout is the Angels' minor leagues are a train wreck. Maybe the worst group of prospects for any team. It's going to be years before their minor league system is rebuilt, which means they have to rely on free-agency to compete... And that's a perilous path.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
At least two out of the three will be changing teams IMO.

The challenge for Trout is the Angels' minor leagues are a train wreck. Maybe the worst group of prospects for any team. It's going to be years before their minor league system is rebuilt, which means they have to rely on free-agency to compete... And that's a perilous path.
Yup. We traded our last blue chipper for Simba (Newcomb, who has not pitched well in the Braves' minors).

And, if we sign big names, it most likely means we will be giving up high draft picks (compensatory).

Our farm is horrid, has been since Reagins left. Eppler has stocked it somewhat, and Arte has been going international more, lately. But it's a tall hill to climb.

One thing, Mike -- in baseball, free-agency is a very nice way to augment a roster, much like the NBA and NHL. You just can't have the owner making the deals, like Arte has.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just want to put this here :)

Trout is an amazing talent.

I'd like to see him be part of some "team" success in his career but at this point he may very well end up being one of those guys who has a terrific career and never sniffs the world series. First it was the Rangers, now Houston appears loaded and they not only have a young team but their farm system is stacked with talent.

Trout may have to go elsewhere.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trout is an amazing talent.

I'd like to see him be part of some "team" success in his career but at this point he may very well end up being one of those guys who has a terrific career and never sniffs the world series. First it was the Rangers, now Houston appears loaded and they not only have a young team but their farm system is stacked with talent.

Trout may have to go elsewhere.
:(

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow! Yankees come back from 8 runs down vs. the O's. Amazing game. Gausman ought to consider changing his name to Gas-man.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My White Sox are frustrating the crap out of me. I want them to rebuild the right way, but the guys at the major league level are playing their behinds off. Avi Garcia is killing the ball.

And Moncada is batting .314 in AAA. It's a good problem to have, but this team isn't something to believe in for a whole year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wow! Yankees come back from 8 runs down vs. the O's. Amazing game. Gausman ought to consider changing his name to Gas-man.

1o4l3w.jpg

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

That was as much or more on the bullpen. But Gausman should do better than that and start pitching like a #4 overall pick. He'll look good than stink it up. Last 3 starts just horrible.

Bullpen had one other game where nobody that came in could close the door. Other than 2 games they've been stellar. Even Brach Friday night couldnt do his thing. He's been lights out. Nuno & Aquino got sent down to AAA.