MLB 2017 Regular Season

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Mets losing 23-5... ARE YOU ****ting me?

Last place in the NL East.

You are shocked? The pitching staff is in shambles and the offense sucks outside a couple of players. Thor refused an MRI and now will be out awhile.

Mets are down to DeGrom and Harvey starting and Matt has lost about 8 mph on his fastball due to fatigue after a major surgery.

Granderson needs to be sent packing, Walker and Reyes can't hit a punching bag right in front of them and a few others keep making errors.

Going to be a long season, Collins and Long need to be canned sooner than later.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are shocked? The pitching staff is in shambles and the offense sucks outside a couple of players. Thor refused an MRI and now will be out awhile.

Mets are down to DeGrom and Harvey starting and Matt has lost about 8 mph on his fastball due to fatigue after a major surgery.

Granderson needs to be sent packing, Walker and Reyes can't hit a punching bag right in front of them and a few others keep making errors.

Going to be a long season, Collins and Long need to be canned sooner than later.

There's certainly time to turn things around but obviously some changes need to be make.

I didn't think the Mets were going to beat out the Nationals in the East, but thought they were a definite WC contender... Now that looks highly questionable.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There's certainly time to turn things around but obviously some changes need to be make.

I didn't think the Mets were going to beat out the Nationals in the East, but thought they were a definite WC contender... Now that looks highly questionable.

Pitching can only take you so far and they relied on them heavily. Dumb to do since a few coming off TJ's and a suspect bullpen. I knew letting Colon go would be a mistake, need that crafty veteran. Moneyball teams can get ya to the playoffs but aren't built for a championship. This season, the Mets will not be there........no offense to carry them through the pitching rough patch which might last awhile.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pitching can only take you so far and they relied on them heavily. Dumb to do since a few coming off TJ's and a suspect bullpen. I knew letting Colon go would be a mistake, need that crafty veteran. Moneyball teams can get ya to the playoffs but aren't built for a championship. This season, the Mets will not be there........no offense to carry them through the pitching rough patch which might last awhile.

So candidly what do you think they'll do?

1. Nothing
2. Try to get proven ML talent by mortgaging the farm system
3. Become sellers of their ML talent

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

1. Nothing

Nothing but I think they should sell a bit. Trade a pitcher(health withstanding) for a couple guys who can hit for average.

Get rid of Duda, Walker and TDA and replace with steady hitters and let Granderson be a bench player. We have some young talent in Vegas to take over SS and RF.

But, that is Sandy Alderson in a nutshell.......el cheapo. I would have kept Murphy and let Cespy walk, he gets injured too much but he is the main reason for the win streaks offensive wise.

FloridaRob

Reaction score

1. Nothing

Bring up Tebow. At least he will sell some tickets. People will love him, People will boo him. They all pay the same ticket prices.

Banking on David Wright and Lucas Duda who have like 20 games played between them over the past three years was stupid. David cannot throw anymore even when he is healthy.

Banking on Reyes of 2017 to be the Reyes of 2007 was just as stupid. Stick a fork in Jose....

No offense except for Cespedes and now he is done for a while. Stop jerking Conforto around. Put him one place and leave him there. The kid is the future

have Wilpons sell the team

FloridaRob

Reaction score
and now friggen Thor is out with a torn lat. Some pitcher earlier this year said he was going to be hurt by June because of the muscle he added without doing baseball activities at the same time. Hire that guy as the trainer. No One else has a clue

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well my Astros are one of the top teams in all of baseball. Dallas is back, thank goodness.

However, here we go.....the part of the schedule I hate the most, Ranger series. They own us. Dallas pitched yesterday, so he will miss the series. I am hoping for a 2-2 split. I just hope Odor take a 4 game siesta, cause he always goes Albert Pujols on us.

Go Astros

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The Adam Jones incident disgusts me, @WPBCowboysFan. Absolutely disgusted.

And it's even worse given the lack of African Americans in the MLB, now. Hope Adams is able to move on. The Red Sox released a very poignant press release, to their credit.

Those fans should be put on the "list"

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

And it's even worse given the lack of African Americans in the MLB, now. Hope Adams is able to move on. The Red Sox released a very poignant press release, to their credit.

Well it is Boston, one of the most racist cities in the US.......not saying it is right or ok, just saying that I am not shocked or surprised.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

The Red Sox are trash. Boston and New Englanders are trash. And NE'ers think they're better than everybody else. They're re as obnoxious as NY'ers.

Racism exists among every race. There's white racists and black racists. And every other ethnic group. But for some reason the media only likes to focus on "white racists." While there's no excuse for it I get tired of just hearing it about "white racists." Ive been the brunt of it on occasion when Ive been with a hot black girl. The sad reality is, it will always be there. But if we really wanna try to eradicate it, ithas to go for ALL people, every group.

A positive from last night was Manny hitting a moonshot over the green monster and outta there. Had a nice slow jog around the bases while the Sux fans were booing.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score

Can we go one year without serious injuries. I dont' put it on Collins, they play hard for him, and they are finally starting to hit a little, well everyone but Granderson.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The Red Sox are trash. Boston and New Englanders are trash. And NE'ers think they're better than everybody else. They're re as obnoxious as NY'ers.

Racism exists among every race. There's white racists and black racists. And every other ethnic group. But for some reason the media only likes to focus on "white racists." While there's no excuse for it I get tired of just hearing it about "white racists." Ive been the brunt of it on occasion when Ive been with a hot black girl. The sad reality is, it will always be there. But if we really wanna try to eradicate it, ithas to go for ALL people, every group.

A positive from last night was Manny hitting a moonshot over the green monster and outta there. Had a nice slow jog around the bases while the Sux fans were booing.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we go one year without serious injuries. I dont' put it on Collins, they play hard for him, and they are finally starting to hit a little, well everyone but Granderson.

I don't blame Collins for the offense, that is on Long and Alderson but Terry mismanages the pitchers far too often. He burns out the pen and people wonder why they suck. He pulls starters a bit too early when they are rolling. I know he has to keep an eye on their arms considering they are made like china dolls but sometimes ya got to roll with them.

I think they just need new coaching blood if things continue as they are, a change is sometimes needed.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Terry Collins. Lol. Gosh I don't miss him, and that's with Catorce Lasagna as manager

Doesn't Bill Bavasi work with some club?

Collins and Bavasi, the dark years of my childhood

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
I don't blame Collins for the offense, that is on Long and Alderson but Terry mismanages the pitchers far too often. He burns out the pen and people wonder why they suck. He pulls starters a bit too early when they are rolling. I know he has to keep an eye on their arms considering they are made like china dolls but sometimes ya got to roll with them.

I think they just need new coaching blood if things continue as they are, a change is sometimes needed.

He isn't good managing the pitchers, especially the bullpen, but they play hard for him, and hes only the 2nd manager in Mets history to take them to the playoffs in back to back years.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know he has to keep an eye on their arms considering they are made like china dolls but sometimes ya got to roll with them.

The way pitchers are managed throughout the league just puzzles me... I remember when the Mets would trot out a Seaver or Koosman every 4th game... And those guys would toss 200+ innings year in and year out.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The way pitchers are managed throughout the league just puzzles me... I remember when the Mets would trot out a Seaver or Koosman every 4th game... And those guys would toss 200+ innings year in and year out.

Different pitchers these days. They bulk up too much which puts extra strain on their arms and upper chest. Guys like me, tall and lanky, rarely have arm issues. I have pitched around 600 innings from College to the minors and to this day........I sometimes get a sore rotator cuff if I overdo it in a softball game. That is it, no surgeries from baseball. I am pushing 47 and can still throw 90+ but only good for a few pitches :laugh: