MLB Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can never have too much good pitching tho . . . . .

Rather have a good starter capable of giving 200 innings over a very-good reliever who'll give you 70... especially when you already have two of those guys.

The Yankees need a good quality starter. The rumour was they were dangling Miller for Houston's McCullers, which if I'm Houston I definitely do not make that trade.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Rather have a good starter capable of giving 200 innings over a very-good reliever who'll give you 70... especially when you already have two of those guys.

The Yankees need a good quality starter. The rumour was they were dangling Miller for Houston's McCullers, which if I'm Houston I definitely do not make that trade.

I know the feeling on a starter. If you cant find them then try and shorten the game is the next best option?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the feeling on a starter. If you cant find them then try and shorten the game is the next best option?

Yeah, I understand what you're saying... From what I've been reading, they intend on keeping Miller, so yeah you've got the 7th, 8th and 9th covered.

Now the 5th & 6th inning...

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand what you're saying... From what I've been reading, they intend on keeping Miller, so yeah you've got the 7th, 8th and 9th covered.

Now the 5th & 6th inning...

A good 4 inning starter is all you need then. Chen is on the FA market

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Trading for Chapman is a risk for sure. Especially in NY, which is the epicenter for organizations who oppose things like abuse etc. There will, undoubtedly, be some blow back from people. However, a relief staff of Chapman, Miller and Betances could be historic good. Those guys were ranked 1, 2 and 3 in Strike Out Ratios last season. This Relief Staff has the potential to be the best in MLB since the old Reds Staff of Myers, Dibble and Charlton in 1990.

From a financial prospective it's a great deal because, according to reports, the price was seriously deflated and they will apparently get another year if reports are correct, so they control his salary for essentially two seasons. What the Yankees gave up was very little. Four Minor League players, none of which are top prospects.

There is risk because he could be suspended for who knows how long but on the surface, it's probably a really good risk/reward situation for the Yankees.

JMO

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Orioles needed to make that signing.

Surprised it took so long. Must be there wasn't as strong a market for Davis as what was anticipated.

Zach Britton said he knew there were other offers but nothing was ever made public. Boras likes to drag things out and wait and wait. Boras wanted something like 8/200 million. It would be interesting to know what the other offers were.

Now they need to get a SP (and COF) but not much exciting out there. Nobody thot they would re-sign Chen for the money he would get. The Marlins will trade him this year or next and let somebody else pay the majority of that 10/10/20/20/20 contract.

Looks like Cespedes and Upton arent getting what they want.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zach Britton said he knew there were other offers but nothing was ever made public. Boras likes to drag things out and wait and wait. Boras wanted something like 8/200 million. It would be interesting to know what the other offers were.

Now they need to get a SP (and COF) but not much exciting out there. Nobody thot they would re-sign Chen for the money he would get. The Marlins will trade him this year or next and let somebody else pay the majority of that 10/10/20/20/20 contract.

Looks like Cespedes and Upton arent getting what they want.

Yeah, it turned into a pretty interesting offseason.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Well the Yankees did some stuff and the Astros made a big trade.

Cepedes to Detroit?

I thot there would be more action with Upton and Cespedes.

Sounds like Cespedes wants a long term deal but teams only wanna go 2 or maybe 3 yrs. Will he and Upton have to settle for less than they planned on?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Welcome back Yoenis! Three years for 75 mill with an opt-out clause after the first year isn't bad.

The Mets signed B-astardo for the pen too, a really good pick-up(evidently, we can't type his name on here).

This is a formidable line-up fellas :D

1. Grandy
2. Walker
3. Cespedes
4 wright
5. Duda
6. Tda
7. Conforto
8. Cabrera

Last edited:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I am surprised by the signing. Thought surely the Wilpons would not pay that much money. Good for them. Now I will back of criticizing them for a couple of days.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I am surprised by the signing. Thought surely the Wilpons would not pay that much money. Good for them. Now I will back of criticizing them for a couple of days.

It just shows that there is plenty of money to spend. The owner just need to be willing to let some of it go.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome back Yoenis! Three years for 75 mill with an opt-out clause after the first year isn't bad.

The Mets signed B-astardo for the pen too, a really good pick-up(evidently, we can't type his name on here).

This is a formidable line-up fellas :D

1. Grandy
2. Walker
3. Cespedes
4 wright
5. Duda
6. Tda
7. Conforto
8. Cabrera

Yep.

Almost as good as Houston's. :D

That being said better than letting him sign with the Nats.

I don't think Cespedes will put up anywhere close to the numbers he did last season, but he's still a decent power guy. Probably .260/25HR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.