MLB Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Davis vs. Heyward. Interesting comparison.

Offensively Davis gets the nod due to the homers. Heyward is better in all other offensive areas and defensively there's no comparison. All told Heyward is probably a smidgen better.

Davis probably shouldn't get Heyward money.

That being said I don't think Heyward should have gotten Heyward money. LOL!

Yea, I think that was an overpay for Heyward too, but it just shows there is plenty of money in the kitty for players IMO.

The rumor is Davis wants 8 yrs 200 million. Orioles were rumored to have offered 7/154. Orioles made a nice offer IMO. Now with teams having to give up a draft pick when they sign FA's its not a given he will have teams clamoring to offer him a huge contract. He could get more money or he could end up like Nelson Cruz did when the Orioles got him for a 1 year 8 million dollar contract.

Im guessing he prob ends up signing with the Orioles but you never know. They might sign some other players and then not want to spend the money on him if he waits too long.

We will see.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, I think that was an overpay for Heyward too, but it just shows there is plenty of money in the kitty for players IMO.

The rumor is Davis wants 8 yrs 200 million. Orioles were rumored to have offered 7/154. Orioles made a nice offer IMO. Now with teams having to give up a draft pick when they sign FA's its not a given he will have teams clamoring to offer him a huge contract. He could get more money or he could end up like Nelson Cruz did when the Orioles got him for a 1 year 8 million dollar contract.

Im guessing he prob ends up signing with the Orioles but you never know. They might sign some other players and then not want to spend the money on him if he waits too long.

We will see.

Yeah, I would have to think the Orioles are the most likely choice.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cueto goes to Giants.

Talk about a competitive division.

Geez, I'm glad Houston's in the AL West.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Cardinals sign starting pitcher Mike Leake to five year, $80 million deal

Free-agent starter Mike Leake and the St. Louis Cardinals agreed to a five-year, $80 million deal, according to USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not yet been announced.

The deal also includes a no-trade clause and a mutual option that could increase the value of the deal to as much as $94 million, FOX Sports reported first Tuesday morning.

Leake, 28, finished last season with the San Francisco Giants after a trade deadline deal. The right-hander had spent his first five MLB seasons with the Cincinnati Reds.

Leake has never won more than 14 games in a season and was 11-10 in 2015 between the Giants and Reds with a 3.70 ERA in 30 starts.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/12/22/mike-leake-cardinals/77748444/

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Redvolution got a new car for Christmas

01616_gu9GznBx6uT_600x450.jpg
00707_hkiJBU8vBNH_600x450.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still lots of guys unsigned.

I don't think there is that much money out there... at least not all this huge-profit money. I think there was some stupid money out there like what the Cub's, Red Sox and some others spent (especially on starting pitching).

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Still lots of guys unsigned.

I don't think there is that much money out there... at least not all this huge-profit money. I think there was some stupid money out there like what the Cub's, Red Sox and some others spent (especially on starting pitching).

Maybe after New Years it will pick up. Pitchers and catchers will be reporting in about 7 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.