MLB Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
By Anthony DiComo / MLB.com | @AnthonyDiComo |

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Shortstop Wilmer Flores will spend the next few weeks in a boot after fracturing a bone in his left ankle during winter ball, the Mets revealed Tuesday. Team doctors expect him to be ready for the start of Spring Training.

Flores, 24, sustained a non-displaced fracture in the inside part of his ankle after being hit by a pitch in his native Venezuela. He traveled to New York for testing, which revealed the break.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Zobrist moving on, it will push the Royals to "One & done" territory.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
theScore MLB ‏@theScoreMLB 1h1 hour ago
Report: Orioles offer Davis 7-year, $150M deal http://thesco.re/1NMlmq8

CVzFbBBUAAQ9Qk8.jpg

4 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know about that....

This World Series could have been back to back. They just missed last year.

Yeah, but a miss is a miss.

Same thing could have been applied this year with the Astros coming this close [ ] to taking them out.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like the Mets traded Niese for Neil Walker from the Pirates. It is pending physicals now, not sure how I feel about this, wanted Zobrist :(

I guess it is better than having Flores play 2nd..........

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like the Mets traded Niese for Neil Walker from the Pirates. It is pending physicals now, not sure how I feel about this, wanted Zobrist :(

I guess it is better than having Flores play 2nd..........

Zobrist is a nice player... but he's still 34 and could start showing a marked decline at any point.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but he would have been a nice stop-gap until Herrera is ready. I worry more about SS than 2nd tho.

But Herrera has already put in over 300 AB at triple A and killed it. Before that he killed it at double A.

Sign Zobrist and keep Herrera in the system for another 4 years? No way.

If the Mets could have signed Zobrist for two months then yeah! LOL

There's a decent chance Herrera could start out with the big club and if not let him tear up triple A again for 60 days and call him up in June.

The Astros signed Lowrie last winter for 3 years expecting him to be the place-holder for Correa... We've seen how that's worked out!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good trade for the Yankees. Castro is young, he's got talent and the players they gave up, worth it IMO. Warren is a good player, really strong reliever but he's not a starter. Brendan Ryan is replaced by Castro anyway and the Yankees get younger at the position. I like the trade.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good trade for the Yankees. Castro is young, he's got talent and the players they gave up, worth it IMO. Warren is a good player, really strong reliever but he's not a starter. Brendan Ryan is replaced by Castro anyway and the Yankees get younger at the position. I like the trade.

Yeah I like the trade too. Sorry to be losing Warren, but no, he's not long-term starter material.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't really think the Yankees are trying to move Miller. I think that if thy get a nice pitcher and can work something out, they will trade him but I don't think they will try and move him just to be rid of him. Miller is valuable but he's also 30 and likely will not see a second contract from the Yankees. If they can get some good young arms for him, that's also a nice deal IMO.

I really, really hope that the Yankees are not interested in puig but I wouldn't mind a deal with the Houston for one of their young arms. Fernandez from Miami would be sweet as well but would take more then just Miller and Gardner to get him. I would probably be OK with a deal that Included Carter and Judge. More if they can work in Ozuna into the deal. That would be a great trade for both teams IMO. Marlins are going to have to trade both players eventually so that might work?

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't really think the Yankees are trying to move Miller. I think that if thy get a nice pitcher and can work something out, they will trade him but I don't think they will try and move him just to be rid of him. Miller is valuable but he's also 30 and likely will not see a second contract from the Yankees. If they can get some good young arms for him, that's also a nice deal IMO.

I'll be surprised if Miller is traded.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if Miller is traded.

Don't be. I don't think the Yankees are interested in moving him for the sake of moving him but if they can acquire a young, quality starting pitcher, I think they would do it without hesitation. They still have Betances and I think they are just waiting for him to take the Closer job. Just a guess on my part though.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But Herrera has already put in over 300 AB at triple A and killed it. Before that he killed it at double A.

Sign Zobrist and keep Herrera in the system for another 4 years? No way.

If the Mets could have signed Zobrist for two months then yeah! LOL

There's a decent chance Herrera could start out with the big club and if not let him tear up triple A again for 60 days and call him up in June.

The Astros signed Lowrie last winter for 3 years expecting him to be the place-holder for Correa... We've seen how that's worked out!

This is the Mets tho, they are real slow to bring up players. They say he will be starter in 2017, so who knows. If we signed Zob, Herrera would have been good trade bait for a CF or a SS.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the Mets tho, they are real slow to bring up players. They say he will be starter in 2017, so who knows. If we signed Zob, Herrera would have been good trade bait for a CF or a SS.

Well when Zobrist breaks down in a couple seasons, you'll be glad the Mets didn't sign the guy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Aaron Hicks is an interesting player. He was once considered the top prospect in all of Baseball. Switch hitter who has shown some power, hits better from the right side and hits left handed pitching pretty well. Also a pretty decent Glove in CF. If the Yankees can straighten him out, he might be a really, really good pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.