MLB Offseason thread

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yankees need pitching. Yankees have a lot of hitters and young pitching prospects in the minors. Eppler knows the Yankees, he was their director of Scouting. I'm not saying it will happen but I can see where it could happen between those two teams.
You guys reportedly traded your All Star 2B for Stanton. The Yanks have nothing we need, ABQ. We are not targeting anything beyond BP and 2B. Next year we will be big players in the Harper/Machado sweepstakes. The Shohei signing, at his ridiculously low CAP hit, amplifies Eppler's strategy and makes it more viable.

Even with the Eppler connection, I've heard no rumors between the two clubs. But the GM meetings are coming up. Still, Eppler has made it clear we want high OBP guys, a plus 2B, and to strengthen our already underrated BP. We did lose Petit

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You guy reportedly traded your 2B for Stanton. The Yanks have nothing we need, ABQ. We are not targeting anything beyond BP and 2B. Next year we will be big players in the Harper/Machado sweepstakes.

You need hitting. You need infielders and the Yankees have one of the top, if not the top, SS in the minors. He might be the best prospect in the Minor leagues. Torres is not going to sit forever. He could either get moved up, in which case, either Didi or Ron Torreyes gets moved, both of those guys are good players, or Torres gets traded. Yankees are loaded with young pitching prospects and everybody needs young talented pitching prospects. They are also loaded with Power Hitting OFs. Every team is going to try and be players in FA next year. There is no guarantee that anybody is going to land either of those two guys.

As I said earlier, I don't know that anything will happen between Cashman and Eppler but, the Yankees do have players that the Angels could use and Eppler is one of the GM's who knows a great deal about those guys. Just saying.....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I see. So the fact that Stanton denied two trades doesn't make a difference here. It's just whatever story you want to make up? I mean, I don't want to think that this is what's up here but it sure sounds that way. Jeter didn't call the Yankees on this deal. Miami had a deal with San Francisco but Stanton pulled the plug on that deal when the Yankees made it known that they might be interested. That deal with the Giants was a done deal. The player had full control over where he went because of the no trade clause. Stanton could have gone anywhere but he picked NY. That's not on Jeter or Miami. So I don't understand why it's being painted in that manner.

I'll ask again, on what grounds could the commissioner void that deal?
The Yanks took on a 10yrs/265m contract........ that is a huge investment and risk

They traded 3 good players for the right to pay 1/4 billion dollars for one great player

Nothing to complain about here(it is funny to think Jeter pulled a fast one though)

haleyrules

Reaction score
Baseball sucks and sucks bad. In fact, baseball fans suck. Its not as bad as basketball but its close. If you suffer from insomnia its a sure cure. :muttley::muttley::muttley:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Stanton to the fabled and glorious Yankees...when was the last time they had two 50 plus HR hitters..let me guess...1961..watch out.Only the Yankees are the Yankees.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Stanton to the fabled and glorious Yankees...when was the last time they had two 50 plus HR hitters..let me guess...1961..watch out.Only the Yankees are the Yankees.
We’ll see if Judge hits like he did last year, my dear friend. Remember, of all the 4 major sports, baseball uses adjustments, by far, the most. Especially pitchers/fielding:hitters

Ghost12

Reaction score
I see. So the fact that Stanton denied two trades doesn't make a difference here. It's just whatever story you want to make up? I mean, I don't want to think that this is what's up here but it sure sounds that way. Jeter didn't call the Yankees on this deal. Miami had a deal with San Francisco but Stanton pulled the plug on that deal when the Yankees made it known that they might be interested. That deal with the Giants was a done deal. The player had full control over where he went because of the no trade clause. Stanton could have gone anywhere but he picked NY. That's not on Jeter or Miami. So I don't understand why it's being painted in that manner.

I'll ask again, on what grounds could the commissioner void that deal?
You can ask again but my response won't change. What part of my response did you not understand?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the big moves made by the Yankees and the Angels it appears the AL is headed by 4 very good teams: NYY, Boston, Cleveland and Houston with the Angels now in a strong wild-card position.

Do Toronto, Baltimore and Texas start to sell off some pieces? I don't see any of them making serious noise this year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Yanks took on a 10yrs/265m contract........ that is a huge investment and risk

They traded 3 good players for the right to pay 1/4 billion dollars for one great player

Nothing to complain about here(it is funny to think Jeter pulled a fast one though)

That's kinda how I see it. I mean, if I were a Miami fan, I would certainly not be happy about this but the truth is, he was gone regardless and he just as easily could have been a Giant or a Card, had Stanton approved of either of those deals. JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You can ask again but my response won't change. What part of my response did you not understand?

That part where you explain why any of this is Jeter's fault or the part where it's explained how the Commissioner could have grounds to overturn this trade.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Champs just sitting back, sipping on some sweet tea and watching the transaction festivities.....

Still like to see them have a reliable LH reliever.

But it's not unrealistic to think the 2018 team could be better than the 2017 team.

How so?

Beltran was not a good producer as the primary DH. Quite frankly he may have been the worst regular DH in the league.

Plus they'll Verlander for the entire season– That's big.

At one point last season the Astros' top 4 starters were on the DL. McHugh was gone for almost the entire season.

Finally they still have a heck of a farm system even "graduating" a number of guys over the last couple years to the major leagues.