MLB Offseason thread

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Mets are doing the grocery shopping at the discount bin at Aldi and Big Lots. They are checking all the use by dates and if the player was highly rated 5 to 7 years ago and have stunk in the big leagues, then the Mets are the team to give them a chance. Can't Sandy Alderson just retire already. And someone needs to take jeffy Wilpon on an overnight fishing trip. I am getting close to jumping ship. Been a Mets fan since 1969. Watched NLCS game six in the Astrodome in 1986 and thought they could never bring me any more happiness. Then I banged my head on the ceiling of my house a week later when Bucker booted Mookie Wilsons ground ball. 31 years since a World Series win. This team is so depressing. Mets fans are fools. At least the Marlins build up a team and tear it down every few years giving their fans some hope. Mets management is just lost.

LMAO!!! :laugh::laugh:

For what it's worth, I've heard the opposite, regarding the Mets. And they seem to pop up in our rumors because they are in need of a 2B, too. Someone is reportedly really close at acquiring Kinsler, I hope it's the Mets. Especially if he lands a B+ or more prospect.

The fact that we have no idea who the trade partner is for Kinsler, leads a lot of us Halo fans to believe it's us. We're notoriously quiet about leaking deals/trades before they happen. Arte (Halos owner) is a hermit and control freak.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A whopping two years?! :D

:muttley::laugh:

Yeah, when you 70-92 and you've got a 25-man roster... One guy signed two years ago isn't earth-shattering.

On top of that he was already playing for them so he was a known quantity.

They aren't exactly "rolling the dice".

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Heyman should just put the contract price next to the name. The process of elimination wont take long.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Uh Oh-News: Los Angeles Angels star Shohei Ohtani has a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his pitching elbow, according to a physical obtained by Yahoo Sports. Details

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yankees and Headly traded to the Pads. In return, the Yankees get Jabari Blash, a utility OF and cash. Yankees also shed 13 mil off the cap.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I am a Yankees Fan
LOL!! A Cowboys fan and Yankees fan. Let me guess.... you root for the Lakers too?
it is not I who is obsessed. It is you.
All I did was say the commissioner should - but won't - invalidate the trade and then you flew off the handle. You ask me the same question 3 times even though I have already answered it twice.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL!! A Cowboys fan and Yankees fan. Let me guess.... you root for the Lakers too?
All I did was say the commissioner should - but won't - invalidate the trade and then you flew off the handle. You ask me the same question 3 times even though I have already answered it twice.

I been posting here for years. Everybody knows I'm a Yankees fan, a Laker fan and a Cowboys fan. I guess I will tell you, "good guess"?

Whatever, lets get back to the discussion here. How can the commissioner do that? On what grounds? He can't just void any contract he chooses to. He has to have a reason and consensus. I think you might be a little over sensitive here. I asked why and how. I never once "flew off the handle" with you.

You never answered my questions. 1. Why and how is any of this Jeter's fault? 2. On what grounds can the Commissioner void this deal? I've asked over and over because you have never answered those questions. You simply said, the answer isn't going to change (you never provided and answer so I don't understand that) and refer to my first post (which I did, and even reposted and asked how that post answered the question).

If the answer is, "I don't know", that's fine. I suspect that this is, in fact, the answer but if not, just give your reasoning.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I been posting here for years. Everybody knows I'm a Yankees fan, a Laker fan and a Cowboys fan. I guess I will tell you, "good guess"?
LOL!! No it wasn't a good guess. It's because I know your type of sports fan.
Whatever, lets get back to the discussion here. How can the commissioner do that? On what grounds?
That's the 4th time you've asked me that question. The answer hasn't changed. If you want to reread the answer, please refer back to the first time you asked it. Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean I didn't give you one.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL!! No it wasn't a good guess. It's because I know your type of sports fan.
That's the 4th time you've asked me that question. The answer hasn't changed. If you want to reread the answer, please refer back to the first time you asked it. Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean I didn't give you one.

Really? OK, who are we. What "type" of sports fan am I?

Yeah, it's the 4th and still, you don't explain why. You asked me to refer back and I did. I reposted your post and asked you, what explained why, in your post. You never answered. I asked you to repost your own post, just in case I got it wrong, and you basically told me to find it myself. Well, I'm asking you again. Post the response you want me to read and I will read it. To date, I have not seen one post that really answers the question. If you want me to stop asking, that's fine but I'm telling you right now, you have not answered either question.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Just announced Kinselr goes to the Angels. announcement also said the Mets tried hard. Apparently professional ball players know a minor league organization when they see one.