MLB Offseason thread

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cheer up brother. No doubt that Trout will have a collection before his career is over :cool:
He's such a good kid. Every now and then they show him on the local news being he's from NJ. The stardom didn't get to his head. He remains a down to earth great guy.

But, there's always going to be another younger player coming along that will be either as good or better. Yanks Judge & Phillies Hoskins. (He's my boy) I'm a huge Phillies Phan:D
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He's such a good kid. Every now and then they show him on the local news being he's from NJ. The stardom didn't get to his head. He remains a down to earth great guy.

But, there's always going to be another younger player coming along that will be either as good or better. Yanks Judge & Phillies Hoskins. (He's my boy) I'm a huge Phillies Phan:D
tenor.gif
Judge will never sniff Trout’s greatness, Sis!!! Never. His ceiling is a Thome-type hitter (nothing to sneeze at). Trout is Mantle/DiMaggio/Williams (and yes, he compares to all).

And as a huge Phillies fan you must love the fact that they’re Michael Nelson Trout’s favorite team growing up. Grrrrr!!!!!!!!

I boycott the Angels for the rest of Trout’s career if we lose him. :(

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Judge will never sniff Trout’s greatness, Sis!!! Never. His ceiling is a Thome-type hitter (nothing to sneeze at). Trout is Mantle/DiMaggio/Williams (and yes, he compares to all).

And as a huge Phillies fan you must love the fact that they’re Michael Nelson Trout’s favorite team growing up. Grrrrr!!!!!!!!

I boycott the Angels for the rest of Trout’s career if we lose him. :(
I know the feeling Trouty. Us fans take it pretty hard at times w/our favorite athletes.

Thome was called to the Hall. And our late beloved Roy Halladay will be on the list next year. He best not be snubbed. Especially with these stats.
What's eerie is that his plane went down in the Gulf Of Mexico's waters near Holiday, Florida. I'm glad to have seen him pitch in Philadelphia. AMAZING is putting it lightly.

Post Season NO HITTER 2010
tenor.gif

On May 29, 2010, Halladay pitched the 20th perfect game in MLB history, beating the Florida Marlins by a score of 1–0. On October 6, 2010, in his first postseason start, Halladay threw the second no-hitter in MLB postseason history (Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series being the first) against the Cincinnati Reds in Game 1 of the 2010 NLDS.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

Don't forget the Braves Ronald Acuna.

As a 19yo in AAA he had a .940 OPS.

He could be a player.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
MLB.com released their top 100 prospect list:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018/?list=prospects

No Cubs, Royals or Mets.

The Cubs I can understand. They've gutted their high-level prospect list in order to win a WS and stay at the top of their division.

But the Royals and Mets don't have any excuses.
6 Yankees plus Judge, Sanchez, Severino, CFrazier and Montgomery that graduated the list last year

plus Mateo, Rutherford and Kaprillain that they traded last year

Cashman has come a long way since drafting Cito Culver in the 1st round

FloridaRob

Reaction score
LMAO!!! Rob, I read every post of yours in here in dead-pan! :laugh::lmao2:

49 years of being a Mets fans does that to someone. I am totally cynical when it comes to the Mets. I am at the point that if they signed the best free agents available I would wonder what is wrong with them. They must have injuries somewhere that every team knows about but the Mets and their crew havent discovered yet. Totally inept organization.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Mark Appel leaving the Stros. Imagine if they picked Bryant instead (he went #2). Crazy to miss on a 1OA and still have the young studs they do. Not fair

I read this is only the 4th 1OA in MLB history to not make it to the bigs

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
49 years of being a Mets fans does that to someone. I am totally cynical when it comes to the Mets. I am at the point that if they signed the best free agents available I would wonder what is wrong with them. They must have injuries somewhere that every team knows about but the Mets and their crew havent discovered yet. Totally inept organization.
It's not fair that you drew the Mets and Cowboys as the teams closest to your heart, at least during these times. But as an Angels fan, I can only give you so much sympathy before I start to get depressed, too :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mark Appel leaving the Stros. Imagine if they picked Bryant instead (he went #2). Crazy to miss on a 1OA and still have the young studs they do. Not fair

Actually left the Phils...

The Astros traded him to the Phils as part of the Giles trade.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

The NYY drafted Brien Taylor in 1991 and he got into a bar fight in the minors and broke his shoulder

He is one of two 1st overall that never made the Majors...... Steve Chilcott is the other from the 60s

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It's not fair that you drew the Mets and Cowboys as the teams closest to your heart, at least during these times. But as an Angels fan, I can only give you so much sympathy before I start to get depressed, too :)
At least the Mets made the WS 2 years ago

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The NYY drafted Brien Taylor in 1991 and he got into a bar fight in the minors and broke his shoulder

He is one of two 1st overall that never made the Majors...... Steve Chilcott is the other from the 60s
And Appel, and one other, no?