MLB Playoffs 19

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Looking at a possible rainout tonight. Weather app/sites saying rain from 4pm ET to 11pm ET.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we stupidly start Verlander in game 5, I'm gonna lynch Hinch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If we stupidly start Verlander in game 5, I'm gonna lynch Hinch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the Astros win tonight(game 4) , i don't think it will matter when they pitch Verlander. On the other hand if the Yankees win tonight then saving Verlander for game 6 would probably be their best bet.

I persoanlly don't think the Yankees can win this series unless the Astros fall apart for some reason. If the Astros do what their supposed to do then i think this series is already over.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If the Astros win tonight(game 4) , i don't think it will matter when they pitch Verlander. On the other hand if the Yankees win tonight then saving Verlander for game 6 would probably be their best bet.

I persoanlly don't think the Yankees can win this series unless the Astros fall apart for some reason. If the Astros do what their supposed to do then i think this series is already over.
I hope not but you might be right. I don’t have a lot of faith in my Yankees starting pitching staff. I hope I am wrong though.

kskboys

Reaction score

I think you're right.

However, gotta also worry about the next series!!!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Astros hold on, I would pitch Verl game 6 and Cole game 7 on full rest. Game 5 is a throwaway here, don’t get cute.

This way, is the stros do win game 5, they can start the WS on the right foot.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hinch, do not start Verlander in game 5. Last time he was on short rest, he was not good.
Start him. It give me and other Yankees fans hope. Right now that is all we have.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Reminds me of the 2010 ALCS, where the Rangers were mowing down the Yankees. Sigh, those were the days....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
On full rest, absolutely. If not, it would've been foolish.

He is on four days rest, pitched last Sunday. He should be fine tonight but I would try to steal the game with someone else starting. If that were to happen, Astros two aces will be well rested to start the next series.

The Astros will need Cole and Verl to pitch twice rested against those pesky Nats.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is on four days rest, pitched last Sunday. He should be fine tonight but I would try to steal the game with someone else starting. If that were to happen, Astros two aces will be well rested to start the next series.

The Astros will need Cole and Verl to pitch twice rested against those pesky Nats.

Ignore this :lmao:

Was looking at the dates and the Stros need to end it tonight. There is no need to put Cole and Verl pitching over the weekend, that would hinder the next series for sure if it goes to a game 7 this series.

So, Justin(Astros) win tonight and the WS game one starter is Cole, game two is Verl and game three is Grienke......all on full rest.