MLB Regular Season

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless he takes less money and moves to the bullpen, I think it's more like 99.9%

Forrest Whitley is waiting in the wings.

Not to mention they need to look ahead to signing Carlos Correa.

It's going to come down to that choice.

See ya later, Dallas.

He and Marwin are both gone after this season.

Marwin has stunk too.

McCann's option probably will not be picked up.

Gattis? 50/50.

I do hope they resign Morton for a two-year deal.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
He and Marwin are both gone after this season.

Marwin has stunk too.

McCann's option probably will not be picked up.

Gattis? 50/50.

I do hope they resign Morton for a two-year deal.

PLEASE let them keep Morton!

They also need to start thinking of Bregmans contract as well.

I'd hate to lose Gattis but some guys are going to have to go.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PLEASE let them keep Morton!

They also need to start thinking of Bregmans contract as well.

I'd hate to lose Gattis but some guys are going to have to go.

There's an "army" of guys at Triple A that deserve a chance... That's part of the reason why I do not see the team going far to retain Marwin and Gattis may not get a lot of attention by the team either.

Correa is under team control through 2022 and Bergman through 2023.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both guys extended prior to that.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
There's an "army" of guys at Triple A that deserve a chance... That's part of the reason why I do not see the team going far to retain Marwin and Gattis may not get a lot of attention by the team either.

Correa is under team control through 2022 and Bergman through 2023.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both guys extended prior to that.

There's also am army of guys in Double A.

My dad got so depressed that he gave up on the Stros after we got swept by the White Sox and did the big purge. I kept up with the trades, drafting and the Minor Leagues. There wasn't much to watch with the big club.

I called up my Dad before last season and told him that he might want to start watching again. He told me that he didn't want to "have his heart broken again."

"Don't worry, Pop. This time it's going to be different."

He calls me every day now and records all the games. lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's also am army of guys in Double A.

My dad got so depressed that he gave up on the Stros after we got swept by the White Sox and did the big purge. I kept up with the trades, drafting and the Minor Leagues. There wasn't much to watch with the big club.

I called up my Dad before last season and told him that he might want to start watching again. He told me that he didn't want to "have his heart broken again."

"Don't worry, Pop. This time it's going to be different."

He calls me every day now and records all the games. lol

I'm glad your pop finally had his day.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm glad your pop finally had his day.

Thanks, Brother. He's an original Colt 45's fan. Then he got me hooked on the Stros. I so wanted this for him. He know has one of these on his mantle in his living room.

I made it a surprise.

https://encrypted-tbn2.***NOT-ALLOWED***/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFB0fSPl8NXoi6fnauhjZ5SiaWIFKUSXX7_0kBaZ-iUloRmcKtOxCuLncsVXU6n2CqS_ingz1y&usqp=CAc

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
The New York Yankees have 27 World Series rings* and none of the stats from those games counted for the MVP
Screen-Shot-2015-03-10-at-12.42.35-PM.png

*26 rings and 1 pocketwatch
if-you-dont-know-now-you-know.html

My bad

Post season stats earn those rings so they do count for something. That’s when you find out who’s clutch ;)

The Yankees are IMO America’s Team in baseball but last year was our year, hoping for a repeat this year. We shall see.

The 27 WS championships are amazing. The Bambino, the Iron man, Mickey, Maris so many greats.

But there are Astro fans that love our team even tho it’s only one ;)

Heck we loved our team when there were no rings:thumbup:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
My bad

Post season stats earn those rings so they do count for something. That’s when you find out who’s clutch ;)

The Yankees are IMO America’s Team in baseball but last year was our year, hoping for a repeat this year. We shall see.

The 27 WS championships are amazing. The Bambino, the Iron man, Mickey, Maris so many greats.

I am a Caps fan too......so I feel ya

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
My bad

Yep. Some of us went through the dark ages first.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Astros now have the most runs scored in baseball, and the second best runs/game, behind Boston. +174 run diff. Yanks @ a very healthy +105, Red Sox +123. This is usually Oakland's lane to regular season fame. The Pythagorean and run diff, no? :)

Seattle isn't losing that second wildcard spot, either, imo. Squeeker wins or otherwise. They have solid pitching and are rallying behind losing Cano; Segura, Haniger, Cruz have been really good. Even with Ohtani due to come back before the season is over, no way do the Angels catch them. Too many holes. One starts with "Pu." Oakland isn't gonna do anything either, other than be sellers as they usually are.

Ah well, gearing up for Cowboys in Oxnard and some real Dallas news. And Trout's third MVP if his index finger doesn't fall off. Still playing DH and essentially accumulating zero WAR while players like Betts, Ramirez, and now Altuve and Judge start to close the huge gap he has, some. He needs to get back in CF and start mashing again. Or just DFA the fat slob. :) It's still his to lose, but damnit if his MVP race is about all Halo fans have right now. Simmons is fun, and Heaney was looking really good before tonight, and we have a few really nice prospects, finally -- one on the club that emerged outta nowhere in Fletcher, but Fatorce wont ever play him beause #vetgrittiness -- but regardless, this team is a tire fire, and Sosh is the Michelin man running around ablaze.

Plus leading the league in players on the DL and have for some time (sent another one today, and Cozart is getting shoulder surgery, but he was underwhelming anyways).

Still a couple compelling stories in the AL with the NYY/BoSox race, as well as the HOU/SEA race, the loser of those two facing off in the win-and-in. Also, Kluber is quietly having a fantastic season. Ahh, I remember the early days of a blazing 13-3 start, when we beat him and CLE looked horrid. It was like our own little World Series. :(

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Does anyone here follow the Braves? Migosh have they turned their franchise around quickly. They were selling everything for prospects just a couple seasons ago, then they got hit with that overseas penalty and lost some nice pieces (the Angels swooped Maitan in that incident, right after they landed Shohei).

They have a stud in Newcomb whom they got from us in the Simmons trade, and they have youth with high upside sprinkled all throughout that lineup.

Kinda reminds of a poor man's Stros team. They could be really, really good here in a season or two, especially if they attack some of the big names coming up in FA.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
And I am absolutely loving this slashline:

AVG .219 OBP .361 SLG .480 (WAR 0.4)

Your 400M dollah man, Bryce Harper. He is so hot and cold, one season to the next, that I wouldn't go over $200M, personally. Arenado and Machado are vastly better, more consistent players.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Unless he takes less money and moves to the bullpen, I think it's more like 99.9%

Forrest Whitley is waiting in the wings.

Not to mention they need to look ahead to signing Carlos Correa.

It's going to come down to that choice.

See ya later, Dallas.
Can we do y'all a favor and nab up Correa and Dallas, thereby leaving you no "issue" with having to choose? :muttley:

We'll convert Correa to third, Fletcher to 2nd, fire Sosh, and kinda have what could resemble a big league ball club. Kinda -- after we sign about 3 quality arms to our bullpen, and fix 1B, DH (sorta; non-Ohtani starts), RF...

FloridaRob

Reaction score
firesale in Queens, discount as the team with a 155 million dollar payroll needs to unload 154 million. I dont think Cespedes will ever play again. Never heard of a guy losing a whole season by tweaking his hamstring.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Can we do y'all a favor and nab up Correa and Dallas, thereby leaving you no "issue" with having to choose? :muttley:

We'll convert Correa to third, Fletcher to 2nd, fire Sosh, and kinda have what could resemble a big league ball club. Kinda -- after we sign about 3 quality arms to our bullpen, and fix 1B, DH (sorta; non-Ohtani starts), RF...

Dallas ok :cool:

Correa- I reckon not :eek:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Does anyone here follow the Braves? Migosh have they turned their franchise around quickly. They were selling everything for prospects just a couple seasons ago, then they got hit with that overseas penalty and lost some nice pieces (the Angels swooped Maitan in that incident, right after they landed Shohei).

They have a stud in Newcomb whom they got from us in the Simmons trade, and they have youth with high upside sprinkled all throughout that lineup.

Kinda reminds of a poor man's Stros team. They could be really, really good here in a season or two, especially if they attack some of the big names coming up in FA.
They timed the rebuild with the cash influx of the new stadium

Ronald Acuna has MVP level talent, Ozzie Albies is killing it, Austin Riley is waiting in AAA, they stole Dansby Swanson from SD and Freddie Freeman can flat out rake

Add Newcomb to Gothara, Folty, Julio Tehran and a miraculous Anibal Sanchez and a great young pen

Plus they are getting a AllStar year out of Nick Markasis

They lost a whole international signing class but haven't skipped a beat

They have my Nats worried for sure and I miss the old TBS Superstation showing Braves games all year

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
firesale in Queens, discount as the team with a 155 million dollar payroll needs to unload 154 million. I dont think Cespedes will ever play again. Never heard of a guy losing a whole season by tweaking his hamstring.
Bernie Madoff really did a number on that franchise

They need to sell or get over it...... they are a large market team that acts like Milwaukee

If they want to dump DeGrom or Thor I am all over it as a Yanks fan....... but you aren't getting Torres or Andujar

I'll give you Clint Frazier, J Sheffeld and a young arm

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bernie Madoff really did a number on that franchise

The need to sell or get over it...... they are a large market team that acts like Milawaukee

If they want to dump DeGrom or Thor I am all over it as a Yanks fan....... but you aren't getting Torres or Andujar

I'll give you Clint Frazier, J Sheffeld and a young arm

The Wilpons were cheap well before Madoff, they just used that as an excuse to continue on. That scandal did hurt but is not the underlying problem.

I have a feeling DeGrom goes across town but Thor stays, his injuries are a concern.