MM is a bad head coach! Mega Merge!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dallas 20
Lions 19

Cope.
IMO if you just went by what the talent showed last night, Dallas wins that game comfortably. The discussion in this thread revolves around how a bunch of poor play calls and clock management issues (both by MM and Quinn) turned what should have been a comfortable win into a game Dallas nearly lost.

If they pull this stuff in the playoffs, its a recipe for an early exit. If I was Jerry I would be pretty taken back by the coaching decisions of the game last night.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Oh well, ok then. You have made your edict from on high. None of us are allowed to question obvious mistakes that keep being made.

Coaches have to scout themselves and get better just as much as athletes do.

shut me up and show me the perfect coach. i want to see him. i think the rest of the NFL does too.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Bingo... DAK and the offense has scored the go ahead points two weeks in a row...only to watch the DQ defense collapse
They actually sealed the game with a pick but Dak decided to chuck a ball out of the end zone instead of running out the clock.
Dak had a schoolyard play to CD and a nice 4th quarter drive. Other than that he once again sharted himself at the end and is lucky we didn't lose because of it.

Second straight week the defense held a potent offense down for 58 minutes only for Dak and the idiot HC/OC to underwhelm

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
They actually sealed the game with a pick but Dak decided to chuck a ball out of the end zone instead of running out the clock.
Dak had a schoolyard play to CD and a nice 4th quarter drive. Other than that he once again sharted himself at the end and is lucky we didn't lose because of it.

Second straight week the defense held a potent offense down for 58 minutes only for Dak and the idiot HC/OC to underwhelm
The game is 60minutes long.....not 58min....DQ defense's are known for collapsing in big games...AKA Superbowl 51, up 28-3 they couldn't play for 60min then and still cant. DAK put together go ahead scoring drive in both Miami and last night....but the DQ defense played it soft and allowed Detroit to drive the field on like 3-4 junk plays to score.... We jsut gonna have to agree to disagree....IMO this Defense is soft....and the Achilles heal of this team

GoldenR

Reaction score

Exactly. Some are just not understanding this at all. You might as well give up.

Cmac

Reaction score

By placing Dak in the conversation.......can you have a straight face after that?

Gambit

Reaction score
IMO if you just went by what the talent showed last night, Dallas wins that game comfortably. The discussion in this thread revolves around how a bunch of poor play calls and clock management issues (both by MM and Quinn) turned what should have been a comfortable win into a game Dallas nearly lost.

If they pull this stuff in the playoffs, its a recipe for an early exit. If I was Jerry I would be pretty taken back by the coaching decisions of the game last night.
First, we have 2 more weeks to bemoan a hypothetical situation.

Secondly, if we are going to entertain hypotheticals, what if we win the exact way in playoffs, what is the result?

Do we lose even though we win because style points?

I don't get all the hand wringing after a hard fought win.

We've played 5 play off teams in last 31 days and are 4-2 against them.

Why not ask what if we continue to beat playoff teams?

MikeT22

Reaction score
It’s all part of Jerry’s master plan. Ensure the HC never gets credit for a SB win again, because we will never get to a SB will the HC’s Jerry hires.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing GB Packers fans often lamented is the number of dumb late game decisions McCarthy would make.

He almost cost them the game tonight with that 2nd down call earlier. If he just runs the ball, he forces Detroit to use their last timeout and then he can run on 3rd down and run 30-40 seconds off the clock.
Correct. The average second grader knows this but not the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think MM was going to try to run out the clock but the stupid ref called that BS penalty on Hendershot.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
If I was Dak I would have checked out of the pass on 2nd and 14, or just taken off and run with the ball. The last 2 minutes were very bizarre.
Or check to a WR screen, something with a higher percentage than a downfield throw, that just sailed over everyone's heads. That was soooo bad.

:facepalm: