MM is a bad head coach! Mega Merge!

foofighters

Reaction score
They just couldn’t run the ball so I give McCarthy a little pass. The soft D by Quinn though is unforgivable.
QB sneak? Roll Dak out to pick up an easy 3 yards? Passing the ball is moronic. I don’t care if it’s a brick wall we are running into. Keep that clock running.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I get that, but the first down wasnt the overarching goal there. The primary objective, imo, was drain Detroit out of timeouts, and drain as much clock as possible.
I agree. I really do. I do think the running game being awful all night got into his head. My biggest issue was throwing the ball deep. That made no sense and some of that is on Dak. They could have thrown a few short passes if they needed to put the ball in the air. The whole last few minutes was filled with dumb football decisions. Players and coaches.

Flamma

Reaction score
Agree, but our defensive coach isn't much better. To play so loose like that and giving up a TD so easily by only 7 was atrocious. Luckily Campbell went for 2 instead of tying the game and taking it to overtime. In fact, He gave us a basket of gifts tonight.
He did that against Miami too. To end the first half and the game.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Good coaches dont continually do stupid things.
Like win 12 games year after year? McCarthy has his flaws for sure but he is a good coach. Once upon a time media, fan bases and online commentary said Andy Reid could never win the biggest games because he couldn’t manage a clock, Philly fans screamed about it for years and now Andy Reid while always highly respected is one of the greatest coaches in the history of the nfl.

My point is not that MM is as good as Reid it’s that McCarthy even with his warts is doing a good job in Dallas making a culture that consistently wins 10,11,12 games and in the super bowl convo year in year out.

Mannix

Reaction score
11-5 you goofy sum britches.
Corky the lazy conman should not get let off the hook for that embarrassment…EVERY pass should have been safe to keep the clock running after tackle…sand to throw a fade route at that time should have resulted in a bullet post game…Dam Campbell saved this fools job, because we would have lost in OT. The sad thing is that ALL Booger took out of that game is that we won, and he may have sold a few more dark blue jerseys. If Philly wins out, the greater good would have been for us to lose this game. This fool better be canned after we lose in Tampa!!!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
QB sneak? Roll Dak out to pick up an easy 3 yards? Passing the ball is moronic. I don’t care if it’s a brick wall we are running into. Keep that clock running.
I know I know. Still Dak loves a check down. Pass play called don’t throw it deep. Dumb all the way round.

visionary

Reaction score
We won, but part of me wishes we hadn't....I think a loss tonite may have sealed that stupid boobs fate....but he wiggles his way out of the noose. The guy is just stupid. Sigh.....
Both Mccarthy and Quinn are idiots
Mccarthy for bad bad clock management
Quinn for teams being able to go down the field on your vaunted defense at the end of games (Miami and Detroit) to score TDs
Cant get rid of these 2 fast enough

snadler

Reaction score
There are a lot of people who are spending too much time focusing on the refs and the 2 point conversion and it’s taking the focus off of where it should be which is on MM for arguably one of the biggest blunders in recent history. The fact he allowed the lions to have 1:45 left on the clock instead of running it 2 times and forcing them to use their timeouts and have the ball with under 40 seconds trying to score a TD, anyone with a brain would have done that and it would have never come down to the 2 pt conversion. I’m sorry I can’t wrap my head around the fact the coach put his team in a position to LOSE that game, that is the bigger story that’s getting overshadowed by the 2 pt confusion. To make matters worse, he made the same mistake against SEA only that time the defense got a 4th down stop, which means he would make the same mistake a 3rd time.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
My biggest issue in last nights game was the creativeness with the play calling. It was obvious Detroit couldn’t stop CD and the passing game. Totally understand the need to keep a team honest with the run but MM called 13 1st and 10 runs. Not going to do the math but most of the time it led to 2nd and long. Watching the game, it seemed easy to guess what Dallas was running.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
That’s my point he still should be regardless of the outcome, he put his team in position to lose that is the bigger story to me
I'm killing him I just think with everything that happened people forgot about what he did.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He probably had a killer play lined up to get in FG range with those 24 seconds that remained.