MM is a bad head coach! Mega Merge!

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I have defended MM many times but that last series was inexcusable. High school coaches run three times there.
I actually don't mind trying to get the first down through the air on 3rd down, but it should be a high-percentage throw, like a screen, to keep the clock moving even if they don't get the first down. Throwing a low-percentage fade route???? Come on, man!!!!

But this has been McCarthy since he's been here, I still don't trust him to manage the game effectively. And Quinn's bend-but-don't-break style of defense when the defense NEEDS A STOP, I'm starting to lose faith in his play-calling skills too. I don't understand the idea of letting the Dolphins and Lions walk down the field at the end of both of these games, while the Cowboys sit in safe zones. :mad:

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Another timeout I would have like to have saved was the one before the two point conversation.

We had a fg kicker that thinks he can make from 70. That’s two dak throws to get us to midfield to give him a chance

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Beyond stupid. The guy is blithering, slobbering, fat, moron.
Lol.. tell us what you really think.

I don't think he is any of those things.. ok.. one.. but that doesn't make a coach good/bad.

He does do some strange things tho.. Im sure there were a couple of million Cowboy fans jumping off the couch at the same time going.. WTH are you doing !

When fans on the couch can see it and an NFL coach doesn't.. its a lil worrying.

But I give him a pass tonight coz we won.. so at the end of the day it didn't cost us the game.. Happy New Year !

ShiningStar

Reaction score
some of you guys would complain about a coach if we had a perfect record.

just stop it

no coach is perfect, what NFL are you guys watching?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
some of you guys would complain about a coach if we had a perfect record.

just stop it

no coach is perfect, what NFL are you guys watching?
Oh well, ok then. You have made your edict from on high. None of us are allowed to question obvious mistakes that keep being made.

Coaches have to scout themselves and get better just as much as athletes do.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I feel like we saw a heroic effort from several players and we still barely won in controversial style and at home.

Clock management is a huge issue as is decision making on Daks part. I don't know what the play call was on 2nd down when we should have been eating clock but I doubt it was chuck a pass out of bounds deep with a low percentage chance of execution.

I feel like this team has a lot of talent but there is always something standing in the way of success.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh well, ok then. You have made your edict from on high. None of us are allowed to question obvious mistakes that keep being made.

Coaches have to scout themselves and get better just as much as athletes do.
Questioning mistakes is fair game.. Calling the man a fat slobbering idiot is out of bounds. Analyze the mistakes like an adult and it sparks good conversation. That other stuff just reminds me of junior high.

coult44

Reaction score
We won, but part of me wishes we hadn't....I think a loss tonite may have sealed that stupid boobs fate....but he wiggles his way out of the noose. The guy is just stupid. Sigh.....
And if he got fired you’d hate the next guy also. There’s NOTHING they could do you’d be ok with unless they won 20 games per year.

The better thing to say would be, “we were lucky that dumb coaching didn’t lose the game, but at least we won”

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like Mike for the most part, but that pass call was obscenely stupid. At no point did that make sense, and it nearly cost us the game. Had it, I think he likely gets sacked after the season, and deservedly so. Especially considering the events also happening at that stadium today.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
There is being aggressive and then there’s just being dumb. McCarthey just doesn’t know when to be aggressive and when to be conservative. How does a coach with his experience make those types of mistakes? Luckily, Dan Campbell was dumber tonight.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
3 consecutive 12 win seasons .

COWBOYS HAVENT SEEN THAT IN DECADES .., but hey , some people think he is awful :rolleyes:

I like 90% of what McCarthy does. I've never seen us in the playoffs in 3 back to back seasons. It's just, sometimes, he has a tendency to make some really boneheaded decisions, and this was one of them. Luckily, we won, so no harm done.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They just couldn’t run the ball so I give McCarthy a little pass. The soft D by Quinn though is unforgivable.
I get that, but the first down wasnt the overarching goal there. The primary objective, imo, was drain Detroit out of timeouts, and drain as much clock as possible.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You are in FG range on the 30 and you pass the ball on 2nd and 13 with 1:48 left in the game. It makes zero sense and is poor clock management any way you twist it.

How do they get caught with another fake punt The receiver was open by 10 yards, inexcusable after it happened just 2 weeks ago.

Why not move MP around on that last drive instead of having him go 1 on 1 with their best offensive linemen?

The lack of attention to detail is more glaring each week.

mmohican29

Reaction score
McCarthy needs a sit down. He was doing everything in his power to lose this game.

The running on 1st down.

The deepshots on 2nd and forever 8 to 9 yards from scoring range. Make sure you get SOME points up 4 you moron!!

Fake Punts. Can we please ensure we get the damn ball back. *** man.

The clock management is worse than Garrett's even. I've never seen anything this bad. Ever.

You are 3 yards & timeouts from victory up 4. Do not throw the ball standing in easy FG range as is.

You call dive, dive, dive. No 1st down.

You kick the FG to push the margin to 7. And Detroit has 40 seconds to go the length of the field with zero timeouts.

He screwed up the Seattle game and got lucky.

He screwed up the Miami game and did not.

He screwed up this game beyond repair and only a miracle salvaged the W that should have been secured 3x prior in the game.

He needs to really get his **** together in a hurry.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I have defended MM many times but that last series was inexcusable. High school coaches run three times there.
It was beyond stupid the way MM managed the clock, should have cost us the game if Danny boy didnt think the game was a dick measuring contest and decided to go for it on literally every 4th down and to go for the win.

Not sure what Dan was trying to prove tonight, but he left a ton of points on the field and that probably saved MM from yet another December loss.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good!!!

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I don’t mind the throws but it had to be sure completions.

As how the game played out, he was going for the first down instead of milking the clock to go up 7 because Campbell was going for the win when he got the ball back.

I know that they scored a td in 23 seconds but I do believe that with that prevent defense, they would have gotten it to redzone with 15 seconds.