MMQB giving props to a Moore hiring

robjay04

Reaction score
I've decided I'm just going to casually watch Dallas games from now on and not let it ruin my day or mental health anymore.

Investing any sort of emotional capital into such a garbage organization is only setting yourself up for a let down.

Easy to say that in January.

Let me know if you feel the same way in September.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The only way Sean Payton or Lincoln Reilly take over the Cowboys is if Jerry is either dead or retired. I don’t see them coming here to put up with Jerry’s meddling.
if things don't progress next year, It maybe JG's last year...he rallied the troops this year, making move to improve offense, so they are hiring someone, that can take same philosophy and scheme and be better game planner and play caller....after that, if no progress, Jerry will probably move on. I am not sure if JG will get a extension this summer, but they will discuss, keep the oven warm and finalize mid season depending how things are looking.

Rayman70

Reaction score
for that matter,the Jon Kitna hire as QB coach looks like a major overreach. The guy has NEVER been a coach in the NFL...was teaching just a couple years ago at a highschool! He was relieved of duty there btw. Not sure what happened. Now he is the...WAS the OC of some lame b league football team in SanDiego. Couldn't even get a sniff in the NFL... so needless to say,I HATE THIS MOVE,especially with so many better options available. Total bush league hire.

mardwin

Reaction score
Let's give Moore a chance, he might be a more dynamic play caller than Linehan. Besides, if Dallas fails next year that means bye bye Garret and I've been wanting his *** out since before Wade Phillips was canned.

Rayman70

Reaction score
man alive...why the infatuation with Dallas and Boise state?! I guess Im missing something.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Let's give Moore a chance, he might be a more dynamic play caller than Linehan. Besides, if Dallas fails next year that means bye bye Garret and I've been wanting his *** out since before Wade Phillips was canned.
:muttley::muttley:oh boy, can't wait.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys, our staff looks like a combination of the 3 stooges on offense, and the head stooge that owns the team thinks that's innovative...cutting edge. The true definition of insanity is doing what we been doing for 24 years with nothing to show for it. Get out of denial folks!!!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Easy to say that in January.

Let me know if you feel the same way in September.
Other than the drunken meltdown I had last week, I did okay this year. I only went to one game (week 1) and bought one jersey (LVE). Personal best for me.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The writing is on the wall. You don't hire Kitna and then don't fire Moore. Moore is getting a promotion.
contracts are easily torn up or the actual titles manipulated under anew OC, Kitna is not official yet and Moore was signed as QB coach not oc , its not hard..redoing their titles under the new OC is very easy..

they can go back its already happened first scots here and now hes not..they are trying o have fall back plan should the actual targets become unavailable..

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Hence why people are skeptical of it's success............ because what this front office has "seen" has led to two decades of what has largely been futile results. When this front office does something outside the box, it's hard not to think, oh boy, here they go again.
Fair enough. I guess time will tell!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Moore gets the job, it's probably because he offered to clean Jerry's glasses. He's not qualified. I know because Prescott hasn't improved in certain areas.

I believe what Aikman said is true. You either have it or you don't. You can't be taught.
These statements seem to contradict each other.

Last edited:

Alweezy

Reaction score
contracts are easily torn up or the actual titles manipulated under anew OC, Kitna is not official yet and Moore was signed as QB coach not oc , its not hard..redoing their titles under the new OC is very easy..

they can go back its already happened first scots here and now hes not..they are trying o have fall back plan should the actual targets become unavailable..

What's the rush in bringing Kitna in so early? if you could create some mid level role much later in the process.

One thing we know, we are not going to run with a QB Coach I and a Senior QB Coach II. It also doesn't make sense to promote him to a passing coordinator when that would be something JG would want to resume doing in the game planning process. To me it seems like we are setting ourselves up to promote him to the role. But you're right, there could be a better option that comes in the midnight hour.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What's the rush in bringing Kitna in so early? if you could create some mid level role much later in the process.

One thing we know, we are not going to run with a QB Coach I and a Senior QB Coach II. It also doesn't make sense to promote him to a passing coordinator when that would be something JG would want to resume doing in the game planning process. To me it seems like we are setting ourselves up to promote him to the role. But you're right, there could be a better option that comes in the midnight hour.
they have their reasons the fact you an di dont know is reason to stop the over reactions to every move..lets let it play out..im glad scots gone, now we can see how it works out IN SEASON..all this drama:rolleyes: sounds like HS TEEN girl issues..

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Listening to radio.. we’ve had 18 offensive coaches leave under Garrett and NOT ONE has been promoted in the NFL. We don’t run an offense that’s viable

morasp

Reaction score
Hiring outside the organization isn't sure fire either. The Vikings hired John DeFilipo after he coached Nick Foles to a Super Bowl win and he was fired mid season.