MNF: Eagles at Bears Game thread

drawandstrike

Reaction score
As long as they had Hoyer throwing underneath and comeback routes that 1st drive, he was moving the ball. Once they had him going for the end zone, though, it was over.

He's got no touch on passes over 20 yrds. They're out of time and now he has to go mid-range/deep on every pass.

BRoni

Reaction score
Then don't comment if you didn't watch.

He showed great poise. Made great throws as he was getting hit. Never came close to making a mistake or throwing a pick.

Although he plays recklessly with his body. He took a bunch of unnecessary hits. As said if he keeps that up he won't make it through half the season.
Sounds like you are describing Dak except taking the stupid hits.

If I'm Wentz, I check the shower before getting as Gruden might be in there waiting to lather him up.
i can't stand listening to Gruden. All he does is drool over every player he watches.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sounds like you are describing Dak except taking the stupid hits.

i can't stand listening to Gruden. All he does is drool over every player he watches.

Pretty much. Wentz runs around at times like he's still at NDSU.

ineedacaddy

Reaction score
After tonight, I do not want Gruden anywhere near the Cowboys when Garrett is finally let go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm not watching either and thought the same thing :lmao2: these ppl are so dramatic :lmao:

Frankly, Wentz has looked about like Dak has looked for us, mostly completing shorter passes by design. Each have thrown a few downfield passes but haven't had a lot of success with those for various reasons.

Although Dak has shown he will scramble, he seems to be smarter about it than Wentz, who subjects himself to too many big hits. Wentz seems to have a livelier arm and be more decisive, but he doesn't have as good of protection as Dak has, which allows him to take a little more time. Also, I didn't notice any wobble on Wentz's passes, while Dak's thrown a few wobblers.

None of these things tell us much, though, because it's just the second game of the season.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Stats rarely tell the whole story, and they certainly don't in this case. His WR's have dropped double that.

yep. hate to say it but he was pretty darn good. his wrs dropped 3 well thrown passes. 1 of em for long gain and 2 basically in the endzone. shoulda had 3 TDs

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Did you watch the game?
No, just reading what ppl are saying. don't get me wrong Wentz has had a good game, but from the way some ppl were talking, and the way the score kept going up, u would think Jesus himself was playing