More cuts: Christine Michael and Corey White released

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
I said before wouldn't surprise me if they cut C-mike once Trey was up to speed

I hope you are right. We need a backup RB. I was shocked to see them release him. Maybe that's why he didn't get many touches

RS12

Reaction score
I could see LaMichael James being signed. The dude had a tryout a few weeks ago, he used to play for Miami, and he would be the closest thing to Dunbar that we could find available.

Another guy who has no prayer of picking up the blitz.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Since we are cutting the fat....Add that POS Doug Free and McClain.

Then maybe we can get the season started. ;)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Trading for CMichael was the ultimate tease. They never gave him a chance and then make him the fall guy. At least with Weeden he proved how bad he was. I really believe CMichael would run circles around McFadden but the coaches didn't want that to happen. They gave him just enough carries to waste a draft pick but not enough in any rhythm to let him succeed.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Trading for CMichael was the ultimate tease. They never gave him a chance and then make him the fall guy. At least with Weeden he proved how bad he was. I really believe CMichael would run circles around McFadden but the coaches didn't want that to happen. They gave him just enough carries to waste a draft pick but not enough in any rhythm to let him succeed.

I think it was an attitude/locker room with Michael. Every time he got a play he'd mouth off something that implied he deserved more carries, etc.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
@Bleu Star

We kept Rod Smith and Trey Williams over Christine Michael. Bleu, what are your thoughts?

ron_burgundy_sleazy.jpg

Sooooo you're saying there's a chance?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think it was an attitude/locker room with Michael. Every time he got a play he'd mouth off something that implied he deserved more carries, etc.

I really don't care about the locker room. Let's see what he do on the field with 15-20 carries.

There was never a better opportunity to evaluate someone than these last 7 weeks.

If they were punishing him for some off field petty stuff and hurt the team in the process then they are worse coaches than I thought.

Some guys aren't practice guys but shine when the lights come on. They can be frustrating but that is why you have 20 coaches.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
If they are looking at a RB or DB off a PS, here are some who I would like them to take a look at:

ARIZ - CB Kevin White
ARIZ - FS Durrell Eskridge
BAL - RB Terrence West
CIN - RB Terrell Watson
DEN - CB Taurean Nixon
IND - RB Josh Robinson
MIA - FS Cedric Thompson
MIN - SS Anthony Harris
PHI - FS Ed Reynolds
STL - RB Malcolm Brown
STL - CB Melvin White

I was a big fan of Malcolm Brown coming out. He can do it all just lacks elite explosion. Is the AZ CB TCU?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's been clear for a long time now that CM was not the player they though they were getting and that was reflected upon by the lack of minutes and snaps he was getting.
I don't know it he had an attitude problem or maybe he was just one of those guys that could not absorb the playbook and just tried to go off instinct. Whatever the reason it is not really a shock and I hope that cutting him now and his lack of playing time voids some of the trade parameters.

He can't break a tackle well. He hits the hole hard and at times get some lean with the tackle. He hits the outside fine. He can follow blockers at times. My guess is he cannot block and he doesn't do well with yards after contact and broken tackles.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I realize they all are questionable. But if you cut White, you pretty much have to get a body to play in the defensive backfield.

Whose on our PS that they might be looking at bringing up - CB wise ?
Didn't we sign some tall lanky no-name to the PS.

links18

Reaction score
Does this mean Jerry is close to finalizing his off season plan to get AP? A little late, but with Romo coming back I think it still pretty much guarantees a Super Bowl appearance.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I really don't care about the locker room. Let's see what he do on the field with 15-20 carries.

There was never a better opportunity to evaluate someone than these last 7 weeks.

If they were punishing him for some off field petty stuff and hurt the team in the process then they are worse coaches than I thought.

Some guys aren't practice guys but shine when the lights come on. They can be frustrating but that is why you have 20 coaches.

Yeah idk, I think he just rubbed everybody the wrong way. If they thought he could actually help the team I don't think they would have made that decision. Maybe it's a pass blocking issue, maybe they think he's the guy that would get Romo beat up the weak he comes back?