More cuts: Christine Michael and Corey White released

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah idk, I think he just rubbed everybody the wrong way. If they thought he could actually help the team I don't think they would have made that decision. Maybe it's a pass blocking issue, maybe they think he's the guy that would get Romo beat up the weak he comes back?

Just give him the chance and let his play answer all those questions. The way they went about it was moronic and accomplished nothing but wasting a draft pick.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Yes, the TCU player.

I liked him as well, would be happy to give either one of those guys a shot.

To me this move signifies how we want to run our offense with Tony. I expect to see a bunch of empty sets with Run DMC or Trey motioning out wide.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I liked him as well, would be happy to give either one of those guys a shot.

To me this move signifies how we want to run our offense with Tony. I expect to see a bunch of empty sets with Run DMC or Trey motioning out wide.

Which is exactly what we shouldn't want to happen. Romo coming back should mean more balance with better passing off that philosophy, not empty sets.

I really hope that is not the plan. It did nothing but bring a consistent .500 record, even with Romo pretty healthy.

mrmojo

Reaction score
This feels like preseason again with all the new faces coming in and faces we really never got to see play going out...

Naruto

Reaction score
Trading for CMichael was the ultimate tease. They never gave him a chance and then make him the fall guy. At least with Weeden he proved how bad he was. I really believe CMichael would run circles around McFadden but the coaches didn't want that to happen. They gave him just enough carries to waste a draft pick but not enough in any rhythm to let him succeed.

Delusional. The kid has shown he can't play since his college days. Give it up

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I realize they all are questionable. But if you cut White, you pretty much have to get a body to play in the defensive backfield.

I know -- wonder what they're thinkin.
They have Olatoye on the PS, who's played both CB and safety. Might be the next man up.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Since we are cutting the fat....Add that POS Doug Free and McClain.

Then maybe we can get the season started. ;)

RoMac just posted on twitter that he's lookin for your ***.

Last edited by a moderator:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That's four open roster spots now. Romo will get one.

As for the other three, maybe they activate Mark Nzeocha and Chaz Green and sign a DB from a practice squad somewhere?? Just speculating.

Zordon

Reaction score
Michael couldn't be trusted in pass protection. In the plays he came in for each game, he was either running the ball or running a pass route and never staying in to block.

White was a surprise.

Somehow Barry Church keeps a job.

YR

Church is a captain and one of the 'faces' of the organization. He's very media savvy so the organization uses him for a lot of off the field appearances/gigs. Basically what I'm trying to say is he's not going anywhere.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I have a second Jimmy J conspiracy theory. He wouldnt have lost 7 straight and Brandon Weeden never would have been the backup QB.

Jimmy did have Babe Laufenberg. But after Babe stunk it up, he and the offensive coordinator were given the boot. If Red wanted his Jimmy moment he should have ejected Weeden after last season.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A clear message has been sent.

If you under perform in your limited opportunities, and Jerry will let him, Jason will cut you.

Feel free to miss meetings, slap clipboards out of coach's hands, scream at the media, and tell people off on Twitter.

If I'm Rod Smith or Charles Brown right now, I'm walking on egg shells.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
A clear message has been sent.

If you under perform in your limited opportunities, and Jerry will let him, Jason will cut you.

Feel free to miss meetings, slap clipboards out of coach's hands, scream at the media, and tell people off on Twitter.

If I'm Rod Smith or Charles Brown right now, I'm walking on egg shells.

I forgot Charles Brown was even still on the team.