Video: More details on Cowboys DE Sam Williams car crash

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember Alf Morris still drove around in his old Honda? Lol that dude was an individual. He didn't care about the bling. I think it was his wife or gf that tried to get him to buy a new car, and he said why, this car runs fine.

A new vette isn't terrible on his contract. Hopefully it's one of his only splurges. Too many pro athletes end up broke.
Id say a Vette or a Hellcat would be within a rookie 2nd rounders price range if they wanted a fun car. Im sure they are more now, but I think Hellcats were under six figures when TWill crashed his

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He got a 4 year 6+ million dollar contract. It's going to be around 3 million and change after taxes and what not. It's not a big deal if he gets a nice big extension. But what if he doesn't?
I'd quit my job right now if someone gave me 3 million. And you damn right I'd spend 5% of that on a vehicle. Who wouldn't? 5% how's that going to hurt?
:muttley:

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Damn that was a nice Corvette too. I love the newer body styles. Pretty sure they are still fiberglass as well, so I'm glad he's ok. Probably not the safest cars in the world.
Yeah I hadn’t seen the newer style oh they are sweet

Reactions: CWR

Macnalty

Reaction score
This statement isn’t true. The NFL has a very resourceful rookie symposium that covers everything from money management to new social pitfalls being a professional athlete. It is considered the best in professional sports!
That may be, if so why is that parking lot a supercar trophy room? I must have missed that in college when learning about assets and exposures. The best in pro sports are some marketing terms and not far removed from a participation award. Alfred Morris is an outlier, not the norm.

stinkface

Reaction score
I remember when Quincy Carter was Drafted and showed up to training camp with a fully loaded spanking brand new Cadillac Escalade.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, Al Morris had his Mazda, not a Honda. The parking lot of cowboys/rangers practice is stable for supercars, as always has been. The NFL has done a disservice to most players by not having some sort of money management 101 for them. The real world awaits them much more quickly than they realize. the Emitt Smiths and Roger Staubachs are outliers. my two cents

My understanding is that the NFL tried to get auto investment and financial counseling added to the labor agreement but the player reps said no.

JBond

Reaction score

Normally I would just post this in the existing thread but since it provides several missing pieces of information I thought it was best to start a new thread for it.

Welp... guess I should get a vette tomorrow. Held up pretty well. I am sure my wife will understand the safety reasons.

Flamma

Reaction score
Lol. Must sites now charge tax on your shipping address. Also must states ask about non paid taxes in items shipped to you in their return forms, ahhh yeah, screw that.

Actually most sites don't. At least I've found that most don't. As far as asking about non paid taxes, yeah, screw that indeed. Not paying it. I also don't live far from the Delaware border. I sometimes go there for high priced items when visiting friends. Either way, I'm not paying NJ taxes on the honor system. When it comes to taxes, I am without honor.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'd quit my job right now if someone gave me 3 million. And you damn right I'd spend 5% of that on a vehicle. Who wouldn't? 5% how's that going to hurt?
:muttley:

That alone, probably not. But people tend to live at their income level. It's probably not just the car.

You can look on you tube and find players that explain what they spent their first million on.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I hope he's OK.

That said, he's one of the infamous "Corvette Guys"?

Means he probably has a Corvette jacket, and driving gloves. "Corvette Guy" always parks at far end of parking lots at store, and then if you pay attention, they'll look back when they're about 20 feet away, so that they can admire their prize possession. Corvet Guy has no clue that EVERYONE else in the world thinks he's a total dork. HAHAHAHA at Corvette Guy!!!!!

P.s. if anyone in here owns a Corvette, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about....other people. :)

rags747

Reaction score
I hope he's OK.

That said, he's one of the infamous "Corvette Guys"?

Means he probably has a Corvette jacket, and driving gloves. "Corvette Guy" always parks at far end of parking lots at store, and then if you pay attention, they'll look back when they're about 20 feet away, so that they can admire their prize possession. Corvet Guy has no clue that EVERYONE else in the world thinks he's a total dork. HAHAHAHA at Corvette Guy!!!!!

P.s. if anyone in here owns a Corvette, I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about....other people. :)
Do you look back at your car from 20 feet. Also, what is it? Thx

RoboQB

Reaction score
I just wanna see the police cam video of Terrance Williams wiping out on a scooter
just days after running his Lamborghini into a light pole again.
Him sitting on a curb afterwards stating the obvious, "I, I just can't drive."
Hilarious!