More proof why Dak is garbage

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Yeah, I cherry picked an article that I referenced for people to read that clearly shows Dak isn’t even on the league average.

And Wilson is still better then him, with scrub WRs and no RG and a garbage OL. Not sure what your point is. Romo was doing these numbers with Garrett as play caller, bum OL, no threat of a RG, and so on.

Even if Wilson sucked, it doesn’t absolve Dak from sucking,
DJ Metcalf is not a scrub. TJ Lockett is probably the most underrated WR in the league.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol, I'm being defensive - that's hilarious. I'm talking about a blindside strip/fumble from a DE that beat the Cowboys OT, and you are telling me I'm wrong because some other poster made a comment about the Cowboys OG on an entirely different play, and because Dak threw behind a receiver on an entirely different play …

Do you really not understand how this works - in order to disagree with me, you have to disagree with what I say, not disagree with some other poster on some different topic. How is that even in question?

As for the "happy feet" comment, I didn't claim you used that term, I just categorized your comments that way. You appear to be advocating that the first instinct a QB should have is to run rather than to hang tough in the pocket and get the ball to the receiver, and you are ignoring the fact that the entire point of stepping up into the pocket is to buy that extra second to help get the ball away. Once the QB steps up into the pocket his options are pretty limited - in most cases it's get the throw off or take a sack, and on some unfortunate occasions the ball gets stripped - which, again, isn't somehow unique to Dak, or unheard of with Mahomes, Rodger, Brady etc ...,

By the way, are you aware of the term "blind side" and why that term is used?
Sorry Omer...not gonna engage with someone who uses your tactics....then act nonchalant when used back at you.

You have all these Rules Of Engagement and sensitivity I...am not just not gonna do it.,

I dam well WILL use another poster's comment if it's needed to show my point. You didn't like it because it shows OPEN SPACE for Dak to run or create some space for throwing. PLAIN AS DAY. So you come up with this asinine thing "I didn't post that video" BS.

I have violated my pledge to disengage FAR too much. I thought maybe with some actual video evidence...we could....compromise. What the blank was I thinking? Have a great evening.

(And the Lord will test my strength again, I am sure!)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im glad you posted this because I've been watching this for 4 years trying to explain it to the Dak lovers and being told my eye test is no good. Then I heard this being discussed on sports talk radio and knew the eye test was telling the truth.

Dak staters don't want you to use your eyes. They want you to look at the obscene stats and absolve him of any responsibility or even any FAIR criticism.

THEN...they are perfectly willing to treat Andy like they THINK others have treated Dak. This AVIAN guy...claiming Kalidi "set the rules"...while setting the rule to use Khalidi rules rather than his own he's been using for Dak.

These guys are hypocrites of the highest order.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I see you cherry picked the article and left out some relevant parts, so let me help.

So I suppose Wilson is garbage too, since his passer rating is close?
Uh, those are huge differences lol. Look at the TD percentage. Wilson is more than double Prescott. Dak is not Wilson.

Them

Reaction score
..garbage eh!?....yet!... up and coming "rich garbage!"...:muttley:

Playmaker247

Reaction score
This fanbase is so used to losing (thanks Jerry), that they are ok with garbage at the QB position because they like his story :facepalm:

You Dak-fools deserve the misery that will come if this scrub gets his contract
People like you are the reason why everyone hates cowboys fans. We honestly have one of the most annoying fan bases in the league

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
How is it my thread on calling out Dak haters gets moved to overtime section but this garbage thread is still here ?

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Dak would be best suited on a team that has a defense like the 2000 Ravens or 1985 Bears.

Dak isn't a QB that can carry his team. Especially a team with this type of defense.

For me, the final drives vs LA and Seattle are prime examples of what separates Dak from a top 5 QB. I had no confidence that he would lead us down for a score. In both games he literally tried checking down an entire 2 minute drill. In a two minute offense you have to take a couple of shots in the middle of the field. Instead we get the usual comeback routes or check down throws.

Look at two drives from two other QBs who were in a similar 2 minute offense. First one, AR12 vs Brees. Both QBs saw plenty of two safety looks and didn't play into a check down battle. Just see the throw Brees made to Sanders prior to the half when he scored a TD. Then look at the route concepts on the scoring play.

SNF, Seattle had a long way to go with rain pouring down. There wasn't a single person who didn't think RW was gonna fall short. He made the throws necessary to drive his team to win in the closing seconds of the game.

When these QBs- just mentioned, hit the field with the game on the line, defenses fear them. Nobody fears Dak in that moment.

I don't care for stats. I look at moments where we need for him to lead us and it almost always fails. My mind is still fresh in the games vs Chicago and Philly last season. Wentz, with no name WRs led his team. So I can't buy excuses/circumstances at all when other QBs have shown to overcome those things.

Paying Dak 40M would set this franchise back. He's not a 40M QB.

I don't hate Dak. He has leadership qualities second to none. If his physical attributes could parallel with his leadership qualities, we'd have a QB that can lead us to where we all want this franchise to go.

If this upsets some of you, then I don't know what else to say. It's hard to argue otherwise when we haven't reached past the Divisional round since I was in grade school and there are no indicators we trend in that direction if we exhaust our financial resources to Dak.

Verdict

Reaction score
When down by 4-8 points in the final four minutes if a game, meaning a TD to come out on top, in respect to the league average since 2016:

Passer Rating of Dak is 70.6, the league average is 76.5

YPA for Dak is 5.8, the league average is 6.6

The TD rate is 2.8% while the league average is 4.6%

Int rate is 2.7% while the league average is 3.7%.

Sack % is 7.7% versus 5.5% for the lasher average.

To summarize, Checkdown Charlie isn’t even average, per Action Network. I can give a summary of why he’s a joke in this aspect, including he really is risk averse and only throws the ball on desperation, down by three scores.

Here is the kicker, as I’ve been repeating ad nauseum. Notice the point of emphasis on Prescott and the infamous DROP-BACK. He can’t do it worth a dime, which clearly illustrates his incompetent and one-trick pony routine. And he’s not even close to Romo, let alone Mahomes, so cut the BS comparisons with this mediocre joke, while both Linehan and Moore had to basically completely eliminate the traditional drop-back for this bum.
I can understand taking the position he’s not worth the contract he will undoubtably get, but trash is an overstatement.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak would be best suited on a team that has a defense like the 2000 Ravens or 1985 Bears.

Dak isn't a QB that can carry his team. Especially a team with this type of defense.

For me, the final drives vs LA and Seattle are prime examples of what separates Dak from a top 5 QB. I had no confidence that he would lead us down for a score. In both games he literally tried checking down an entire 2 minute drill. In a two minute offense you have to take a couple of shots in the middle of the field. Instead we get the usual comeback routes or check down throws.

Look at two drives from two other QBs who were in a similar 2 minute offense. First one, AR12 vs Brees. Both QBs saw plenty of two safety looks and didn't play into a check down battle. Just see the throw Brees made to Sanders prior to the half when he scored a TD. Then look at the route concepts on the scoring play.

SNF, Seattle had a long way to go with rain pouring down. There wasn't a single person who didn't think RW was gonna fall short. He made the throws necessary to drive his team to win in the closing seconds of the game.

When these QBs- just mentioned, hit the field with the game on the line, defenses fear them. Nobody fears Dak in that moment.

I don't care for stats. I look at moments where we need for him to lead us and it almost always fails. My mind is still fresh in the games vs Chicago and Philly last season. Wentz, with no name WRs led his team. So I can't buy excuses/circumstances at all when other QBs have shown to overcome those things.

I don't hate Dak. He has leadership qualities second to none. If his physical attributes could parallel with his leadership qualities, we'd have a QB that can lead us to where we all want this franchise to go.

If this upsets some of you, then I don't know what else to say. It's hard to argue otherwise when we haven't reached past the Divisional round since I was in grade school and there are no indicators we trend in that direction if we exhaust our financial resources to Dak.
I could win the Superbowl with the Bears 85 and Ravens 2000 defenses!

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
People like you are the reason why everyone hates cowboys fans. We honestly have one of the most annoying fan bases in the league
No

People like you are the reason why everyone hates Cowboy fans.

Clowns like you overrate the players on this team, and that starts with the QB. Hes not elite, hes not top-10, hes not a SB caliber player. But you homers swear he is, which is laughable outside this fanbase.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry Omer...not gonna engage with someone who uses your tactics....then act nonchalant when used back at you.

You have all these Rules Of Engagement and sensitivity I...am not just not gonna do it.,

I dam well WILL use another poster's comment if it's needed to show my point. You didn't like it because it shows OPEN SPACE for Dak to run or create some space for throwing. PLAIN AS DAY. So you come up with this asinine thing "I didn't post that video" BS.

I have violated my pledge to disengage FAR too much. I thought maybe with some actual video evidence...we could....compromise. What the blank was I thinking? Have a great evening.

(And the Lord will test my strength again, I am sure!)
Tactics? Like quoting someone and responding based on what the quote says than what someone else says on a different topic?

If that's a "tactic" to you rather than common sense, you should disengage.

By now.

kskboys

Reaction score

Well written.

As I've said before, I like Dak for 25 mil. Hate him for 40 mil.

15 mil can buy the difference maker on D.