FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, Morning Fellas. If you happen to run into a Salty old Bald Fella up there who might kinda look a little like myself, you befriend him. He won't be all bad, I promise you that.

Morning Everybody, hope everyone is well today.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, how is everything going?

Coach is right, take stock in your Parents, Grandparents, Great Grandparents today. They were well worth the effort.

Everybody, have a great D-Day!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. Glad to see Runny starting up with his New York stories. It can only get better.

I can't even see the words 'hearing aid' without laughing. I've been in the family business most of my adult life and daddy would walk into my office and fart. I'd say "I heard that". He'd say it was a free hearing test and I passed. Adventures in the family business. Many of us are dreading July, August and September already RGV. I've been dreading it since March. I tried to get 99% of my yard projects finished before it hit miserable. I'm 82% finished and it's too hot to continue.

A game I really enjoyed updated on my phone. After that when I pulled the game up an ad would shout "Shut up and give me the money" then the sounds of bullets. :omg: The first violent spelling game I've encountered.

Have a good evening everyone.
This is one of the big differences between us, X. In about two weeks, when the days start getting shorter, I'll start dreading Winter.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and anyone who drops in today. Happy hump day! Rain, rain and more rain the next few days. My golf games got rained out last week and might be again this week.

I found out that both my hearing aids need to be rebuilt. The factory will rebuild them for $900 and give me a whopping 6 month guarantee. They were six years old and I've abused them by forgetting to take them off before I shower and stuff like that so I guess I got my moneys worth. I will be buying a new pair. Yesterday the hearing aid guy lent me a top-of-the-line pair of Siemens hearing aids to try out. I counted dollar signs to get to sleep last night.

Have a great day, everyone.
I don't get the cost of those things. I'm wearing a Bluetooth headset right now. It cost me $34, and I can hear around the world!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I got up extra early this morning and behaved so badly that I sent me back to bed. I knew I should get off Good Morning America after reading their news updates across the bottom of the screen. The whooping and wooing is a real barometer of my morning temperament. It wasn't good and it was aiming at an innocent public. I saved many people today with a nap. You are welcome.

Today is 75 years since D Day. I would like to thank all the men and women who did what they did and their sacrifices. I hate the cost of lives over the inability of the world to get along. I'd also like to thank Mr. Scott, my history teacher for being a real slacker. My brother has many degrees in history, but I fall asleep when anyone starts talking history at me. It may be a shame, but I'm ok with it. Some people enjoy history, some don't.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and Zoner Friends,

Well, summer is officially on it's way with temperatures creeping up to 80 F. I know, it isn't that bad compared to most, but it is all relative, isn't it?

I appreciate Coach, Xelda, ABQCowboy and others paying appropriate respect to our veterans and, in particularly, those that were part of D-Day.

As a child, my favorite family member (outside my immediate family) was my mom's oldest brother. He was a bear of a man, weather-beaten faced that always seemed to have smile. I knew he served with the 101st during WWII, but not much beyond that - my uncle never talked about the war.

After his funeral some year's ago, my father showed me the only token or souvenir my uncle saved from the war - his helmet which had a bullet hole through it. Apparently, my uncle was shot through the helmet, completely missing his head as he parachuted with the 101st on D-Day. He kept the helmet as a reminder of how fleeting life could be.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Salute to the brave men and women that sacrificed so much on D Day. One of my wife’s uncle was killed in the battle of Okinawa. He left a baby daughter. She’s 75 now. We were talking the other day and she said “ I wished that medic in the movie Hacksaw Ridge that saved all those soldiers had saved my dad also”

My mom remembers one of her first cousins that had come home on leave after basic and infantry training during the war. The last time she saw him was at the train station. Shortly after he left they received word that he had been killed. His mom died shortly after from depression.

Enjoy this day as we remember the families that sacrificed so much.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Zoner Friends,

Well, summer is officially on it's way with temperatures creeping up to 80 F. I know, it isn't that bad compared to most, but it is all relative, isn't it?

I appreciate Coach, Xelda, ABQCowboy and others paying appropriate respect to our veterans and, in particularly, those that were part of D-Day.

As a child, my favorite family member (outside my immediate family) was my mom's oldest brother. He was a bear of a man, weather-beaten faced that always seemed to have smile. I knew he served with the 101st during WWII, but not much beyond that - my uncle never talked about the war.

After his funeral some year's ago, my father showed me the only token or souvenir my uncle saved from the war - his helmet which had a bullet hole through it. Apparently, my uncle was shot through the helmet, completely missing his head as he parachuted with the 101st on D-Day. He kept the helmet as a reminder of how fleeting life could be.
Evening Pops and everyone.

Colo, God bless your uncle, those who have given their all and were taken from us, and all those who have served and presently serve. Nothing but sincere appreciation for them. My father (RIP) served and I'm honored to say my brothers, nephews and others in the family have or currently serve. I was going to enlist, but my mom talked me out of it. Shame on me. I regret that to this day. Feel like I fell short when I think about it...

Never forget.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Colo, God bless your uncle, those who have given their all and were taken from us, and all those who have served and presently serve. Nothing but sincere appreciation for them. My father (RIP) served and I'm honored to say my brothers, nephews and others in the family have or currently serve. I was going to enlist, but my mom talked me out of it. Shame on me. I regret that to this day. Feel like I fell short when I think about it...

Never forget.

You would have been a good drill Sargent. 5 mile run every morning before bfast except Sundays. You would have stretched it out to 10 miles. o_O

GrammaJan

Reaction score
So that makes it official...you’re a sarge ;)
Well... I don't know about all that, but my nickname my guy used to call me when he was alive was "bossy". Someone had to appear to be in charge I guess. It was funny to watch from the outside I suppose... I'm 5'3-1/2" on a good day. He was 6'4" and treated me like a queen. Good memories.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Well... I don't know about all that, but my nickname my guy used to call me when he was alive was "bossy". Someone had to appear to be in charge I guess. It was funny to watch from the outside I suppose... I'm 5'3-1/2" on a good day. He was 6'4" and treated me like a queen. Good memories.

From my experience at work in my working days, women were more assertive. I had to deal a lot with vendors, suppliers and plant folks. Most of us guys would say ok and let things slide but women lol no way lol. Women make the best bosses lol. Just my 2 cents.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
From my experience at work in my working days, women were more assertive. I had to deal a lot with vendors, suppliers and plant folks. Most of us guys would say ok and let things slide but women lol no way lol. Women make the best bosses lol. Just my 2 cents.
I don't know about most women, and it may be my 'tomboy' ways from when I was younger (it's still there btw), but I'm just more comfortable around men than women. Get too many cackling women together and "bossy" isn't the word people come away with for the most part, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I don't know about most women, and it may be my 'tomboy' ways from when I was younger (it's still there btw), but I'm just more comfortable around men than women. Get too many cackling women together and "bossy" isn't the word people come away with for the most part, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

I heard dat! Lol you’re right. There did tend to be lots of “drama” with some. :muttley:

Us guys would pick on each other unmercifully but at the end of the day, we know we didn’t mean it.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I heard dat! Lol you’re right. There did tend to be lots of “drama” with some. :muttley:

Us guys would pick on each other unmercifully but at the end of the day, we know we didn’t mean it.
Exactly! My friend/coworker and I were just talking about that yesterday... how different it is for guys. Say what you want and it's all good for the most part, but dang. Women gotta get their knickers all twisted over simple conversation or the wrong look on the wrong day. It's like high school drama ALL THE TIME. So over it.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Exactly! My friend/coworker and I were just talking about that yesterday... how different it is for guys. Say what you want and it's all good for the most part, but dang. Women gotta get their knickers all twisted over simple conversation or the wrong look on the wrong day. It's like high school drama ALL THE TIME. So over it.

Well after all. We are from different planets. :muttley:

All in all I miss the comraderie but I still keep in touch in a group text. I forward a lot of the funny memes I see in the thread. Sometimes I get a reply and sometimes not. Yeah I’m “that”guy that forwards funnies and doesn’t get the hint to go away lol. :grin:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well after all. We are from different planets. :muttley:

All in all I miss the comraderie but I still keep in touch in a group text. I forward a lot of the funny memes I see in the thread. Sometimes I get a reply and sometimes not. Yeah I’m “that”guy that forwards funnies and doesn’t get the hint to go away lol. :grin:
They don't say it, but they'd miss it and you if you stopped. It's like the new meme comes through and everyone at the same time sends up a verbal salute akin to "Norm!" They can count on you for the grin just when they need it in their day.:thumbup: