FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can cash out near year-end. I usually put it toward the holidays. This year I think I'll be using most of it with the trips to Virginia so I better figure Christmas out soon. 5 grands eats up the checkbook pretty quick.
Buy them a poker table and take a 10% cut until you get your money back but don't go beyond that or you'll be a bad grandma.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My grands? Psht. For me they are always good. What they do to their parents is mere payback:muttley: for what they did to me when they were teenagers. Worth every penny.
I'll scout out the loudest, most obnoxious, yet reasonably priced toys for you, if you want....or you can just buy them each a case of aerosol air horn, whatever those things are called.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I'll scout out the loudest, most obnoxious, yet reasonably priced toys for you, if you want....or you can just buy them each a case of aerosol air horn, whatever those things are called.

I brought home a bunch of bubble wrap so the gkids could pop when they came over. Bad idea, they loved it but sure was noisy. So grampa’s new rules were to wait until you go home ;)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and fellow working stiffs!....Okay, retirees too.

6 months of zero hours, followed by a 48 hour week has my minimally used arms tired and sore. Part of it is from driving and strapping down the loads on my truck, but I think most of it is from deciding to do some curls at the gym Thursday. I only did three pretty light sets of one exercise, and I'm glad I thought better of pushing myself to do more.

Anyway, I'm back to being a productive(?) member of society. You know how some people don't deal well with retirement, because they need structure and always need to be doing something?........Yeah, that's not me. I think I'd be fine with retirement. My alarm went off Tuesday morning, and I opened my eyes and said, "Why the #%*& is my alarm going off at 2:30 in the mor.......Oh crap, that's right."

Everyone enjoy this fine weekend, and the beautiful weather I'm having here in New England!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. In honor of Runny's return to the work force, I took on several projects yesterday. I never want to leave my house again. I hurt everywhere last night! I had to restore my computer this morning again this morning. One day I'm going to quit MSN.

I worked on my flower bed in preparation for severe neglect as the heat moves in. I picked up a landscaping stone to get at a weed and the longest earth worm I've ever seen popped out. I had my fancy yard knife in hand, but it didn't seem to be a threat. If it had made any suspicious snake moves, that knife was going to make 5 or 6 snakes pieces as I emit a blood curdling scream this neighborhood hasn't experienced before. Dam long earthworms making me stop and think.

I'm well versed in the snakes versus spiders phobias. I could have been scared of spiders, but poured all my fear into snakes which can't be killed with a Kleenex box. I had several bites on my arms from working in the yard and know it wasn't ants so I'm guessing it was spiders. They cleared up and I'm waiting for my new super power to present it's self. I hope it's a good one. I haven't tried to fly yet because, to be honest, I don't have a cool cape in my wardrobe. It would have to be a towel, sheet or shower curtain and quite frankly, who needs the negative publicity. I'll have to get back with y'all on that.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK guys, I'm getting ready to shut it down for the weekend. But before I get out of here, I just want to leave you all with this. Some of you may have seen this before but it's worth watching again IMO.

To me, this is one of the best covers I've ever seen. It would be hard for me to say that it is better then the original, since the original is one of the best pieces of music ever created by mankind. To even say it is on par is saying a great deal in my book.

This is Heart preforming Led Zepplin's Stairway To Heaven. As I watch this, I am struck by the reactions of Plant, Page and Jones. I watch them and I feel as if they are looking on and seeing a moment in time where they can appreciate that music as we all do, rather then as the performers of it. I can't imagine how they must have felt watching Jason Bonham (Son of John) on drums. It's a unique moment in time. I watch the crowed and I can see them all going back to their childhoods with this piece. Politics, whatever else, none of it matters. The music crosses all lines and removes all boundaries, just makes me feel good. Please enjoy Annie and Nancy Wilson in their rendition of this truly iconic tune.

Heart - Stairway To Heaven

Just had to watch and listen to this again. Jimmy Page definitely seemed to enjoy it, more than anyone else in the room. It was funny seeing the former Pres gettin' into it too, but I think my favorite was Bonnie Raitt, up on her feet and rockin' out with her hands in the air. I love this video, @ABQCOWBOY !! This is the best thing I've seen on the forum all year!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. In honor of Runny's return to the work force, I took on several projects yesterday. I never want to leave my house again. I hurt everywhere last night! I had to restore my computer this morning again this morning. One day I'm going to quit MSN.

I worked on my flower bed in preparation for severe neglect as the heat moves in. I picked up a landscaping stone to get at a weed and the longest earth worm I've ever seen popped out. I had my fancy yard knife in hand, but it didn't seem to be a threat. If it had made any suspicious snake moves, that knife was going to make 5 or 6 snakes pieces as I emit a blood curdling scream this neighborhood hasn't experienced before. Dam long earthworms making me stop and think.

I'm well versed in the snakes versus spiders phobias. I could have been scared of spiders, but poured all my fear into snakes which can't be killed with a Kleenex box. I had several bites on my arms from working in the yard and know it wasn't ants so I'm guessing it was spiders. They cleared up and I'm waiting for my new super power to present it's self. I hope it's a good one. I haven't tried to fly yet because, to be honest, I don't have a cool cape in my wardrobe. It would have to be a towel, sheet or shower curtain and quite frankly, who needs the negative publicity. I'll have to get back with y'all on that.

Have a great weekend everyone!
I just hope your new superpower isn't the desire to wrap your food up in a cocoon and suck the inside out of it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK guys, I'm getting ready to shut it down for the weekend. But before I get out of here, I just want to leave you all with this. Some of you may have seen this before but it's worth watching again IMO.

To me, this is one of the best covers I've ever seen. It would be hard for me to say that it is better then the original, since the original is one of the best pieces of music ever created by mankind. To even say it is on par is saying a great deal in my book.

This is Heart preforming Led Zepplin's Stairway To Heaven. As I watch this, I am struck by the reactions of Plant, Page and Jones. I watch them and I feel as if they are looking on and seeing a moment in time where they can appreciate that music as we all do, rather then as the performers of it. I can't imagine how they must have felt watching Jason Bonham (Son of John) on drums. It's a unique moment in time. I watch the crowed and I can see them all going back to their childhoods with this piece. Politics, whatever else, none of it matters. The music crosses all lines and removes all boundaries, just makes me feel good. Please enjoy Annie and Nancy Wilson in their rendition of this truly iconic tune.

Heart - Stairway To Heaven

Third time - Genius!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Had the grandson last night. Our local minor league baseball team was able to play a home game despite the floodwaters surrounding the stadium. They built a raised walkway for fan access. Anything for a buck I guess. Anywaaaay, we didn't go to the game because the bugs this year are atrocious because of all the water, but since I live just a few blocks from the stadium we went across my building's parking lot to the parking ramp and went to the roof. Fireworks after the game so we got to do that, and it was a decent weather night at least. Great view from up there.

My son's 32nd birthday is today...so I get to go through that thing mom's do thinking back on those years. Time to snapout of that because it all just reminds me I'm about to be another year older too.

Random thought: The family has slowly started to slide into this behind the back bad mouthing of other family members thing...

This has been a rough weekend folks. Tell me football season is around the corner so I have something to look forward to...

Hey Runny. Tomorrow is Sunday again. Brace yourself for the alarm clock. Xel, be sure to update us on your superpower when it's realized. Too bad it can't be to predict lottery numbers or to control the weather. RGV, bubble wrap? NO. My children learned revenge and how to hold grudges from their mother. I don't want any of that. They may be in charge of my care when I get too old to care for myself. CC, they're a bit young for poker at the moment, but I will file that away for future reference.

Let's get the next week over quickly. Gonna be another bumpy one from what I'm told (boss loves ruining our weekends by telling us on Friday how bad Monday is going to be and that we should think about working weekends:mad:. If we do that there's no end to the week. How is that even a good idea?o_O)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops!

Jan, the whole family badmouthing thing will only get worse if someone doesn't stand up and say she doesn't wanna hear it. That's the type of thing that escalates, because the more it's done, the more nonchalant they'll be about it, so the more they'll do it, and so on. Is it inevitable? I don't know, but when they know someone doesn't wanna hear it, they think about it more before doing it, so maybe at least the pettiness will be less.....It's early, I don't know if that made sense or not.

Everyone take full advantage of these last precious hours of the weekend. I'll be doing laundry, mowing the weeds and moss, grocery shopping, and all that other stuff we love doing with our time off.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops!

Jan, the whole family badmouthing thing will only get worse if someone doesn't stand up and say she doesn't wanna hear it. That's the type of thing that escalates, because the more it's done, the more nonchalant they'll be about it, so the more they'll do it, and so on. Is it inevitable? I don't know, but when they know someone doesn't wanna hear it, they think about it more before doing it, so maybe at least the pettiness will be less.....It's early, I don't know if that made sense or not.

Everyone take full advantage of these last precious hours of the weekend. I'll be doing laundry, mowing the weeds and moss, grocery shopping, and all that other stuff we love doing with our time off.
Morning Pops and everyone. Runny, you make a very good point. Just seems I'm the one who always has to say something. I avoid the other drama because I'm the only one that doesn't have a social media account (nobody knows I'm on here and it's going to stay that way). They all say "oh, but it's such a great way to keep up with family" or "share pictures" and "you can block people" blah blah blah. Bunch of nosey busy bodies are all they are...always in somebody else's business. Funny, all I ever hear from any of them is how 'so and so said this' or verbal snipes about someone's post. No thank you. If they need to see me, here I am. It's a wonder how anyone ever got through life without these portable nightmares.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow Cowboy fans.

I'm enjoying a mug of Earl Grey and the early morning quiet before the grandkids get up. We are really enjoying their visit, but... Have to admit I will enjoy the peace and quiet when they return home in a couple of days.

Sometimes, I truly detest when someone starts a story with, "I remember when.. blah, blah, blah". That said, I remember when our kids were the age of the grandkids. They would play outside all day long without having a parent planning multiple activities to keep them entertained.

It seems as though given even a small lapse in activities, the grandkids revert to their smart tablets for entertainment. So, I have made it my mission in life to completely redirect them to other activities. We've made multiple 2-3 hour hikes in the mountains - the highlight, for the kid's anyway, was seeing a mother bear and two cups (all the while, I am thinking, "where's the pepper spray and air horn and, how big of a meal would grandpa make for the bears), swimming pool, museum, yard work (the 9 YO grandson drives my John Deere like a NASCAR driver - couldn't be happier, sniff, sniff).

Needless to say, I am exhausted - but it is a good kind of exhausted.

Have a great Sunday -- as I prepare to go zip lining. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow Cowboy fans.

I'm enjoying a mug of Earl Grey and the early morning quiet before the grandkids get up. We are really enjoying their visit, but... Have to admit I will enjoy the peace and quiet when they return home in a couple of days.

Sometimes, I truly detest when someone starts a story with, "I remember when.. blah, blah, blah". That said, I remember when our kids were the age of the grandkids. They would play outside all day long without having a parent planning multiple activities to keep them entertained.

It seems as though given even a small lapse in activities, the grandkids revert to their smart tablets for entertainment. So, I have made it my mission in life to completely redirect them to other activities. We've made multiple 2-3 hour hikes in the mountains - the highlight, for the kid's anyway, was seeing a mother bear and two cups (all the while, I am thinking, "where's the pepper spray and air horn and, how big of a meal would grandpa make for the bears), swimming pool, museum, yard work (the 9 YO grandson drives my John Deere like a NASCAR driver - couldn't be happier, sniff, sniff).

Needless to say, I am exhausted - but it is a good kind of exhausted.

Have a great Sunday -- as I prepare to go zip lining. :)
Now ya gotta give 'em a Frisbee, and teach them how to do tricks with it. They might spend hours trying to learn how to throw it different ways, or come up with tricks of their own.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Stayed home from church today. Pollen is low today so my mom w/mask and I sitting outside in the shade. She loves flowers n birds. Plenty to be seen. As the sun keeps moving higher so does the shade lol so this is her fourth location. The cicadas doing their thing or maybe it’s the tinnitus. Hard to distinguish which is which sometimes. Birds chirping. One sounded like it was saying “ birdy birdy” then whistling like when you whistle to a dog”. Do birds have their own pet birds? Hm

Have a good day friends. Can’t wait till football season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Stayed home from church today. Pollen is low today so my mom w/mask and I sitting outside in the shade. She loves flowers n birds. Plenty to be seen. As the sun keeps moving higher so does the shade lol so this is her fourth location. The cicadas doing their thing or maybe it’s the tinnitus. Hard to distinguish which is which sometimes. Birds chirping. One sounded like it was saying “ birdy birdy” then whistling like when you whistle to a dog”. Do birds have their own pet birds? Hm

Have a good day friends. Can’t wait till football season.
Indeed they do, saw a robin walking a sparrow on a leash in the back yard and he had little itty bitty poop bags. I love a responsible pet owner.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon, just back from Austin from taking donuts and kolaches to the son with a family and thankful the other son doesn't have one. I tried taking him to vet years ago when having our male dog neutered and maybe get a 2 fer 1 discount but my wife wouldn't let me. I swear, sometimes I just didn't get her.

I am not going to complain about the heat today because they lowered it from 102 to 98, brrrrrrr.

Jan, sorry to hear about the family issues because family can be blessing and curse and at the same time.

It's a Collins day around the ole CC keep today. Gonna have a couple of those and barbecue some chicken because I found a dead chicken in the fridge. Made some Asian slaw, Runny's favorite, deviled some eggs just by being around them and haven't decided what else I might cook. The problem with living alone is no one ever gives me suggestions or asks for anything, I have to think all of this up by myself. And what was once a pleasure is now a chore...….cooking. Thank goodness I balance it out with bartending.