FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Street, I didn't see you mention Louisiana as an option... smart. I suggest visiting your preferred locations in the summer. Down here we have summer that extends well into the fall. Without the cold fronts (Thank you God!) our summer would have started in May. Compare the tax situation too. I wish you complete satisfaction with your choice.
@CouchCoach and @Xelda what picture hosting site do you use to post pics? I've tried copy and paste, and using the image insert function using a url on my computer, but nothing has worked for me. Instructions needed! I would love to post some pics although it won't be quite the shangri-la, that Xelda described. Coach, I love creating and this type of work is both therapeutic and satisfying. It fills a need in my life.
I have no trouble clicking copy and paste if it's from an on line picture, but fail miserably posting pictures saved on my computer. Runny had some suggestions for how to do it. Shangri-La is water so I will be inspired to mimic your water wall regardless of my imagination.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in and visit this thread.

Busy working on a Birthday Party for one of the Grandsons. I swear, when I was a kid, if you had cake and ice cream, that was considered a pretty good party. Now, the wife went out an bought a Cutter/plotter to make the invitations and the decorations etc. I think that thing was like 200 bucks or something. IDK, all I know is that I'm not in Kansas anymore.....

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all are having a great day! If not, change it and make it better!

Everybody, that's good advice. Go out and have a great day please!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. We had a storm roll through and the power was out this morning. I didn't see any reason to get up and wander around the house with no power so I rolled over and went back to sleep. That counts as a nap so I should be ready to attack the day. I'm not ready though. Sounds like a job for Captain Caffeine. I have to go to Sam's before the rain starts back up and buy enough mulch to fit into my car without relinquishing the driver's seat. This is one of those math problems that I'll have to figure out the hard way. I'll take a bungee cord just in case.

Runny, it's time for you to put out some of your big rig stories. Always a hit for those of us that will never drive one. Have a good day everyone!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in and visit this thread.

Busy working on a Birthday Party for one of the Grandsons. I swear, when I was a kid, if you had cake and ice cream, that was considered a pretty good party. Now, the wife went out an bought a Cutter/plotter to make the invitations and the decorations etc. I think that thing was like 200 bucks or something. IDK, all I know is that I'm not in Kansas anymore.....

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all are having a great day! If not, change it and make it better!

Everybody, that's good advice. Go out and have a great day please!
I saw this age coming. That's why I decided not to have any kids.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends. We had a storm roll through and the power was out this morning. I didn't see any reason to get up and wander around the house with no power so I rolled over and went back to sleep. That counts as a nap so I should be ready to attack the day. I'm not ready though. Sounds like a job for Captain Caffeine. I have to go to Sam's before the rain starts back up and buy enough mulch to fit into my car without relinquishing the driver's seat. This is one of those math problems that I'll have to figure out the hard way. I'll take a bungee cord just in case.

Runny, it's time for you to put out some of your big rig stories. Always a hit for those of us that will never drive one. Have a good day everyone!
I woke with no electricity this morning too, but I didn't wanna risk going back to sleep, so I came in to work early.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and you humpers. I think I've figured out why WEDNESDAY is hump day, other than where it falls.

Invert the W and you've got a couple of what? Pointy humps but humps just the same. Drop the E on it's little prongs and whaddya got? Square hump. Roll that D onto it's back and big ole hump. E again, need I repeat for the memory challenged? Leave the S alone, already got humps no matter what you do to it. D, see note on E. A is a pointy hump and Y just stumped me and could actually go and we could put on of dem humpy things over the A to make it a short A, if this is going to be a problem and I certainly hope there isn't as I've exerted myself to answer the question I've never seen asked, why is Wednesday Hump Gay. The clue is probably up there in my second sentence but why embrace the obvious? Life is easy enough, why make it easier on ourselves.

So, to all my working friends, and I define that as any I would borrow money from, I wish you a fine Hump Day. And feel free to share the origins of Hump Day according to yours truly with your co-workers as I am sure they've never considered this before....and probably won't after. Or consider listening to you again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and peeps waiting for Friday, so you can wait for Saturday!

Well, in the six months I was out, my company enacted a new policy in which we truck drivers, upon our return to the yard, are to set up our runs, give the paperwork to the loader, and go home, rather than help load our own trucks and get OT pay while we do it.

That would be fine with me, if I didn't know mornings like this would happen, in which I open my truck to find it was loaded in such a way that there was no way to get to the top piles, in order to cut them open and hand the bundles to the guys on the ground. Also, the load was centered front to rear just perfectly that I could only get one tie down strap on the load, which is no bueno. There must be at least one strap for every ten feet of length, with a minimum of two straps.

So instead of being there to help load it right, the night before, I had to bring my truck inside the building, out of the rain, jump on a forklift and fix the load myself, then strap it down, do my paperwork, and drive down here to this lovely Brooklyn job site to hand all this crap off in the rain. There is a skid steer on site, with forklift blades, but even if they're willing to use it, I doubt it goes high enough to be of any use.

So happy to be back to work.

Everyone have a much better day than I'm expecting!!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I got to play golf yesterday and boy was it hot. The "feels like" temp according to TWC was 109. Very muggy. We bought some frozen hamburger patties that have bacon and cheese already mixed up into the meat. I cooked one of them in the air fryer on 360 deg. for 7 minutes, flipped it over and cooked for 7 more minutes and it came out very juicy and delicious. I hope its a good day for for everyone.

I'd say I like my grandkids better than my own kids, and I think they like me better than their own parents:)
Sounds like you are doing "Gramma" right.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

I have to admit, @Runwildboys, you "sound" mighty calm given the start to your morning. Hope the rest of your day goes better.

So, a bit of an update on our yard work. As of yesterday, we hauled via wheelbarrow around 15 tons of topsoil to various areas around our home, spread grass and wild flower seed, and covered the area in a thin layer of hay mat. Due to the really poor soil and steep terrain, erosion is a real problem... you really need to pay attention to drainage or you could end up with just barren rock. With the new sprinkler and drip system, we are hoping it won't be long before we have grass. In addition to the re-sodding, we cleared several tons of scrub oak and removed a number of dead pine trees. On the downside, I am sore in places I wasn't sure I had a week or two ago.

The mule deer and elk have started returning to our area with their fawns. One of our back-up cats was stalking the deer yesterday afternoon. Interesting animal behavior, both cat and deer seemed fascinated with one another to the point that a doe actually started licking our cat. The little fawns were particularly funny -- approaching very closely to the cat and then bounding away with a few hops only to return and repeat the action. This time of the year, along with the first snow of the fall, is unquestionably my favorite time of the year.

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow bullet sweating Southerners. Heat advisory out for today with the Heat Index in the 110+ range. Real temp will top in at 102 but this humidity is awful. Took the hounds out back this morning at 6:30 and it was like swimming in air.

Now the good news, this isn't a trend but a spike yesterday and today and it will calm back down into the lower 90's for a while. That's been the pattern with the past heat waves, it comes and won't leave.

I was at the store yesterday and this guy said "man, hot enough for ya"" and I replied "well, you do have jeans and a long sleeve shirt on and it's summer and it's Texas". He got this quizzical look on his face, looked down at himself, laughed and said "I'll be damned, you're right". This left me wondering 'does heat affect sarcasm'? Does it melt on the way to the intended victim because there are two phrases I hate because I've heard them for far too long. That's one of them because it's a stupid question and the other is "working hard?" "hardly working".

Are we so lazy we can't think up new stupid phrases because we feel the need to say something? How about instead of one of those two stupid questions we begin asking "your wife still faking orgasms"? or "your daughter getting out of rehab soon"? Now, I consider these far better conversation starters.

Today is Thirsty Thursday because I am an alliterate fool. I don't know why but alliteration has always appealed to me and I don't know if my English teacher in the 10th grade would be proud of me or not but I'd like to think so. In fact, I will toast her this evening while celebrating Thirsty Thursday. Just had to write that one more time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

I have to admit, @Runwildboys, you "sound" mighty calm given the start to your morning. Hope the rest of your day goes better.

So, a bit of an update on our yard work. As of yesterday, we hauled via wheelbarrow around 15 tons of topsoil to various areas around our home, spread grass and wild flower seed, and covered the area in a thin layer of hay mat. Due to the really poor soil and steep terrain, erosion is a real problem... you really need to pay attention to drainage or you could end up with just barren rock. With the new sprinkler and drip system, we are hoping it won't be long before we have grass. In addition to the re-sodding, we cleared several tons of scrub oak and removed a number of dead pine trees. On the downside, I am sore in places I wasn't sure I had a week or two ago.

The mule deer and elk have started returning to our area with their fawns. One of our back-up cats was stalking the deer yesterday afternoon. Interesting animal behavior, both cat and deer seemed fascinated with one another to the point that a doe actually started licking our cat. The little fawns were particularly funny -- approaching very closely to the cat and then bounding away with a few hops only to return and repeat the action. This time of the year, along with the first snow of the fall, is unquestionably my favorite time of the year.

Hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend.
I was fairly calm, and I'm glad I was. As it turned out, they did use the skid steer to unload me, which saved time, energy, stress, and peril.
:thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who stop in to visit the thread today.

I with you guys, it's starting to get hot here as well. Summer is here!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, happy Thursday to all of you! One more day and then it's Friday. Weekend is right around the corner!

Everyone, have a great day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was fairly calm, and I'm glad I was. As it turned out, they did use the skid steer to unload me, which saved time, energy, stress, and peril.
:thumbup:
I was hoping they'd use that skid steer instead of a bum steer.

And I like that "fairly calm", leaves a lot of wiggle room. Compared to a Mama bear who's cub is in peril, I was fairly calm. Compared to my usual spitting nails and hysterics, I was fairly calm.