FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We are well into to our Romanian holiday and, since we are 9 hours ahead of CST, just finished our evening dinner along with copius amounts of homemade red wine. I haven't lost my vision yet, but am somewhat apprehensive about standing up without assistance.

Romania has been a pleasant surprise. The people are incredibly friendly and the country-side is truly beautiful. The architecture is a interesting mix of Baroque, neo-classical and Soviet era ugly. But, I digress...

The family wedding was a thing to behold. Essentially 2 days of drinking, eating, and dancing interspersed with toilet breaks. The highlight for me was the Gypsy (actually, I think they prefer the term "Roma" rather than Gypsy) dance group. They effortlessly blended a form of clogging, square dance and River Dance into a very energetic national dance. Two thumps up.

I had the shock of my life when one of the wedding attendees from Moldova spoke to me in flawless Spanish. This was actually a good thing as my command of Russian would have probably ended up on some sort of border uprising.

To all the fans and non-fans that have been or will be affected by Dorians, our prayers are with you and your families.
Y'all went all the way to Romania to make red wine? You couldn't do that in Colorado?

Sounds like you are having a fine time except for that clogging and square dance combo, Riverdancing? All in on that but square dancing gives me convulsions. Might be them wearing tablecloths that's the turn off but they can Do-Si-Do themselves into a cow pattie pie for me and give me some more of that wine.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Y'all went all the way to Romania to make red wine? You couldn't do that in Colorado?

Sounds like you are having a fine time except for that clogging and square dance combo, Riverdancing? All in on that but square dancing gives me convulsions. Might be them wearing tablecloths that's the turn off but they can Do-Si-Do themselves into a cow pattie pie for me and give me some more of that wine.
My dancing assessment may have been clouded by the moonshine. I will say that as the only American present, I felt obligated to dance with every female at the reception - much to my wife's amusement. I heard her explain to her cousin, "oh, that just how they do it in the states".

:muttley:

Xelda

Reaction score
Ah Colo, thanks for hopping in to update us. Things have gone to hell in a handbasket since you left. A constipated storm is looming off the eastern coast and salary cap woes plaguing us. Over all, just another day here. It sounds interesting over there in Dracula Land. Sleep with garlic and have a good time. We'll have everything sorted out by the time you come back. Maybe.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Leon. Dorian going at 1 mph is insane, I'm certain I've been stuck behind her in traffic before.

Oh CRAP, Gramma! :eek: You weren't supposed to be learning from him!!! He's here for entertainment value.

Be safe everyone and have a good Labor Day.
Begging your pardon, I am providing the don't side of the lessons manual. They don't invite me to school to illustrate that point because I am so proud of it. It's not that I am so proud of myself for a life of decadence, debauchery and depravity (the three D's beat the R's any day), it's the fact that I'm still livin' it! I ain't lernt nuthin'! I am just better at not getting caught.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My dancing assessment may have been clouded by the moonshine. I will say that as the only American present, I felt obligated to dance with every female at the reception - much to my wife's amusement. I heard her explain to her cousin, "oh, that just how they do it in the states".

:muttley:
Representing us well, you are a testament to the American male. And I get that moonshine part. Reggae and steel drums with coconut shell cocktails and umbrellas plays a lot better there than when you get back home on the patio.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, and happy Mondayish Tuesday to all.

Hope everyone is surviving Mother Nature's latest fit of rage. I prefer the silent treatment myself, but we don't get much choice in the matter, seeing as she refused to go see a counselor with us.

Yesterday was the laziest day I've had, probably since I was a teenager. I did nothing but eat and watch TV...and I haven't slept this well in a long time. Maybe I'm meant to be a lazy, shiftless bum. Probably not, because I felt guilty the whole time I was doing it... nothing, that is. Every time I looked at the dishes piling up I wondered if I was even going to get to washing them. I did, eventually, right before bedtime.

Anyway, enough of the "Dear Diary" crap.... How's everyone this morning?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Looking at the news and videos on the weather channel...:oops: sure hoping Leon and his family are safely tucked away... continued prayers...

I don't like long weekends. Going back to work is doubly hard. My emails pile up as does the work. Boss is in 7 days a week so he wreaks havoc on us even on the paid days off. His reasoning is that we could still come to work. Thinking I should have at least popped in to survey the load I'd be facing today.

Try to have a good day all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, and happy Mondayish Tuesday to all.

Hope everyone is surviving Mother Nature's latest fit of rage. I prefer the silent treatment myself, but we don't get much choice in the matter, seeing as she refused to go see a counselor with us.

Yesterday was the laziest day I've had, probably since I was a teenager. I did nothing but eat and watch TV...and I haven't slept this well in a long time. Maybe I'm meant to be a lazy, shiftless bum. Probably not, because I felt guilty the whole time I was doing it... nothing, that is. Every time I looked at the dishes piling up I wondered if I was even going to get to washing them. I did, eventually, right before bedtime.

Anyway, enough of the "Dear Diary" crap.... How's everyone this morning?
My friend, the guilt will soon evolve into guilty pleasure. And you must remain diligent and do nothing. It's an acquired skill and can be mastered unless you make a mistake and do something and someone catches you doing it and that becomes expected. I am sorry to hear you are already backsliding and doing the dishes.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit this thread this morning.

Short work week so that's the good news. Bad news is less time to get everything you need to get done, done.

I hope everybody had a great holiday weekend. We didn't do much here but that was OK. Seemed like we needed the time to just catch up with a few things. How is everybody doing this morning?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well today. Gotta get it rolling today!

Everyone, have a great Taco Tuesday!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

Looking at the news and videos on the weather channel...:oops: sure hoping Leon and his family are safely tucked away... continued prayers...

I don't like long weekends. Going back to work is doubly hard. My emails pile up as does the work. Boss is in 7 days a week so he wreaks havoc on us even on the paid days off. His reasoning is that we could still come to work. Thinking I should have at least popped in to survey the load I'd be facing today.

Try to have a good day all.
Tell him you'll work holidays, if he pays you double time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit this thread this morning.

Short work week so that's the good news. Bad news is less time to get everything you need to get done, done.

I hope everybody had a great holiday weekend. We didn't do much here but that was OK. Seemed like we needed the time to just catch up with a few things. How is everybody doing this morning?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well today. Gotta get it rolling today!

Everyone, have a great Taco Tuesday!
It's Taco Tuesday? Great...after my Chili, Ghost Pepper Tortilla Chips, Hot Wings Saturday, Sunday, and Monday...I could use some Mexican food!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

Strangely silent here... I don't get regular notifications when people post so I keep peeking in on the site to see if Leon has checked in...

Still praying for the best outcome for him and his family.

Have a blessed evening all, and even if you're not the praying sort, maybe say a quick one for him, his family and everyone impacted by this tragedy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those confused as to whether this is the official Hump Day or not. 4 day work weeks are tricky and I consulted with absolutely no one in figuring this out. At 12:01AM Thursday is the official Hump Hour, you don't get a full day because you didn't work on Monday and Jan is using family as an excuse for not working on Monday and while I am lenient and accept most excuses and even try to help some folks come up with a good one, she still only gets a Hump Hour. Use it wisely, I plan on using mine in slumber and visions of sugar plums. Appreciate it if someone would put a pic of one up here because I haven't a clue want one is and plums are fairly sweet so I don't get it. So, I think I'll just have a vision of a Sugar Daddy, remember that filling pilfering sucker?

Hope we get some word from Leon soon, the video of the destruction is pretty shocking. Dorian is one huge bad tempered hurricane.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. My thoughts and prayers are with Leon and all those that were or are in Dorian's path. I hate that his first official visit to his vacation home was wrought with the stress of a major hurricane with no where special to go after it's visit. It's time for those insurance companies to put their money where their mouth is instead of terrorizing us with all those no talent bass clown commercials.

Time to carpe diem something. Wish me luck and have a good day everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, and I hope you all paid close attention to CC's Humpday message, so you know when you're ignoring it.

X, I wish you the very best with your diem, and you carpe the Hell out of it!

Dix, if you're reading this...GOOD!! Now let us know everything is ok!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, and I hope you all paid close attention to CC's Humpday message, so you know when you're ignoring it.

X, I wish you the very best with your diem, and you carpe the Hell out of it!

Dix, if you're reading this...GOOD!! Now let us know everything is ok!
Ahhh, the best advice I can give anyone is to ignore my advice, except for the advice to ignore it, I advise that they follow that. Any man that has to learn from as many mistakes as I've made, is a caveat emptor kind of advice giver.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Wife and I decided to visit The House Of Pies in Houston today. I didn’t know they were a restaurant also. Heck after I eat, might not have room for a slice of pie.

I keep checking my phone hoping to hear from Leon.