FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. It's been a good Cowboys Zone day with both Ron and Trouty making appearances. Have a great Friday and even better 3 day weekend. ABQ, you've got company coming and that sneaky woman isn't keeping you informed. Watch her and see what she cleans next. Should be the front bathroom. If it's the bedroom, go ahead and start the interrogation. Good luck!

Happy Friday!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and friends. It's been a good Cowboys Zone day with both Ron and Trouty making appearances. Have a great Friday and even better 3 day weekend. ABQ, you've got company coming and that sneaky woman isn't keeping you informed. Watch her and see what she cleans next. Should be the front bathroom. If it's the bedroom, go ahead and start the interrogation. Good luck!

Happy Friday!
Where's @Trouty, in the Beer thread?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and pen pals. I thought I'd check in and let everyone know we are okay. The storms path has shifted a little bit to the north east and if it continues in that direction we would still get wind and rain but not devastating wind. However, since our condo is right on the beach we are going to err on the side of caution and move into an inland shelter. The Cancer Society is secure and also an emergency shelter. It also has a hospice so if I experience a heart attack I'll be in good hands. haha Seriously though they are going to make a bed available for my 88 yr. old mother-in-law and my wife. I'm taking my trusty pillow and will sleep on a cot in the at-large room. The beginning of the storm will arrive about 11 am tomorrow with the nastier stuff coming Sunday evening and into Monday morning. Have a great weekend everyone and if any of you live in Florida, good luck brothers and sisters.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and pen pals. I thought I'd check in and let everyone know we are okay. The storms path has shifted a little bit to the north east and if it continues in that direction we would still get wind and rain but not devastating wind. However, since our condo is right on the beach we are going to err on the side of caution and move into an inland shelter. The Cancer Society is secure and also an emergency shelter. It also has a hospice so if I experience a heart attack I'll be in good hands. haha Seriously though they are going to make a bed available for my 88 yr. old mother-in-law and my wife. I'm taking my trusty pillow and will sleep on a cot in the at-large room. The beginning of the storm will arrive about 11 am tomorrow with the nastier stuff coming Sunday evening and into Monday morning. Have a great weekend everyone and if any of you live in Florida, good luck brothers and sisters.
Be well and ride it our safely. Did you secure my margarita glasses well before locking up?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good to hear from you, Leon. Stay safe and keep us posted.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Watch out for downed power lines after the storm. Stay safe Leon, you and your family

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Thank you for letting us know you're ok, Leon. Gird your loins if you're sleeping in the midst of strange islanders. Who knows how many ksk's they have. Make sure your wife and her mom lock the door because we have no idea how many Coach types are there. You can trust the ABQ and RGV types, but you might have to shield their eyes from the Runny types. Flexing muscles can't be ignored by women any more than 50% off sale signs.

Everyone in the path, get somewhere safe and please take care of your pets as well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Best of luck, Brutha!!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Thank you all for the well wishes. The wine and margarita glasses are bubble wrapped as is the blender. We are in one of the evacuation centers (Cancer Association) and should be safe. The hurricane has now strengthened to a cat 5 and has slowed to a crawl. Instead of passing through in 2 or 3 hours as normal, this one could linger over the island for 24 to 36 hours. That's a lot of rain and 150 mph wind, folks. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and I mean that sincerely.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Thank you all for the well wishes. The wine and margarita glasses are bubble wrapped as is the blender. We are in one of the evacuation centers (Cancer Association) and should be safe. The hurricane has now strengthened to a cat 5 and has slowed to a crawl. Instead of passing through in 2 or 3 hours as normal, this one could linger over the island for 24 to 36 hours. That's a lot of rain and 150 mph wind, folks. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and I mean that sincerely.
Morning Pops and everyone.

Thanks for checking in Leon. Material things can be replaced-people can't. Keep safe. Best to you and the family.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, this one looks to be one of the nastier ones using the warm surface to build. Harvey was especially nasty because of the stall and slow movement. You and yours be safe.

Do you really think it was a good idea to leave my margarita glass behind?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and you little "gettin' an extra Saturday night" folks". Tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the year because I don't have to feel guilty about not going to church, don't have to think about those that gave their lives for my freedom and don't have to be around annoying relatives or contemplate just how many things one can put pumpkin into but Starbuck's is already annoying me. I salute you, the workers of our country and contributors to Social Security, you deserve a day off.

Labor Day signals the Dwellers of the North tomorrow is their last day of grilling, back into the garage the grill goes until Memorial Day. I plan on grilling on Tuesday as an "in your face" to the Yankees. Just because I can.

Enjoy your Sunday which is really a Saturday in disguise and relish in the lack of the alarm clock tomorrow morning.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and you little "gettin' an extra Saturday night" folks". Tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the year because I don't have to feel guilty about not going to church, don't have to think about those that gave their lives for my freedom and don't have to be around annoying relatives or contemplate just how many things one can put pumpkin into but Starbuck's is already annoying me. I salute you, the workers of our country and contributors to Social Security, you deserve a day off.

Labor Day signals the Dwellers of the North tomorrow is their last day of grilling, back into the garage the grill goes until Memorial Day. I plan on grilling on Tuesday as an "in your face" to the Yankees. Just because I can.

Enjoy your Sunday which is really a Saturday in disguise and relish in the lack of the alarm clock tomorrow morning.
:DIn defense of us "Yankees"... if they were true hearty Yankees they would grill outdoors year 'round. I always did when I had a house. Why not?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:DIn defense of us "Yankees"... if they were true hearty Yankees they would grill outdoors year 'round. I always did when I had a house. Why not?
Zactly, but most think there is a grilling season, but then they do have real seasons unlike Texas. When I lived in PA, I was a year round griller and the neighbors thought I was nuts. Just to show off, I went out in single digit weather in shorts, t and flip flops and grilled steaks. My wife joined them in their thinking that I was nuts and so did I.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

...and you're welcome to all for the Social Security check. Please be kind and save some for the rest of us.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Zactly, but most think there is a grilling season, but then they do have real seasons unlike Texas. When I lived in PA, I was a year round griller and the neighbors thought I was nuts. Just to show off, I went out in single digit weather in shorts, t and flip flops and grilled steaks. My wife joined them in their thinking that I was nuts and so did I.
Not nuts. A free thinker. They're nuts for allowing themselves to be restricted based on someone else's thinking. Do your thing. Bet the wife didn't complain about those steaks, and the neighbors just plain missed out on some good food by putting the grill away.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not nuts. A free thinker. They're nuts for allowing themselves to be restricted based on someone else's thinking. Do your thing. Bet the wife didn't complain about those steaks, and the neighbors just plain missed out on some good food by putting the grill away.
Nice try, but cooking out when it's 9 degrees in shorts and a t is nuts.