FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
...and maybe there's a part of me that's just nuts. Meh. I'm tired of worrying about what other people think. They should be considering why my goings on is more important to them than their own business.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops, friends, winter grillers, Southern nuts, Leon, wife, mother in law, Wilson the Margarita glass, the professor and Mary Ann. It seems like every time I check the weather channel, Dorian is going 5 mph faster than before. Hoping and praying for everyone in the path.

The day is wide open to us and I'm not sure what to do with it. I've already talked myself out of a bunch of stuff. Several months ago, I thought I'd try the Sam's brand of Kleenex. I celebrated two weeks ago that I'd finally finished them. Back to the sweet, sweet softness of Kleenex and/or Puffs. I will NEVER stray again! That $2 savings was I say R, I say O, I say U, I say G, I say H, mmmmm. The tissue is rough, it's gonna SCRATCH your nose. The tissue is ROUGH, it's gonna scratch your nose. AHH! The TISSUE is rough, it's gonna scratch your nose. Cue hard (for the 60s) guitar music.

Well... I was organizing something yesterday and there it was, another box of that friggin' tissue! After all that celebrating and putting Kleenex in every room. This almost deserves a pagan ritual of burning that cheep excuse for Kleenex and/or Puffs.

Have a good day everyone and don't skimp on your tissues.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Thank you all for the well wishes. The wine and margarita glasses are bubble wrapped as is the blender. We are in one of the evacuation centers (Cancer Association) and should be safe. The hurricane has now strengthened to a cat 5 and has slowed to a crawl. Instead of passing through in 2 or 3 hours as normal, this one could linger over the island for 24 to 36 hours. That's a lot of rain and 150 mph wind, folks. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and I mean that sincerely.
The speed of this bad boy is going to be the biggest factor, I think. I think it was only traveling at 5 or 10 mph, last I saw. That's a lot of punishment for you sinners who created this thing! (Just kidding, they don't care what kind of person you are......Phew!)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and you little "gettin' an extra Saturday night" folks". Tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the year because I don't have to feel guilty about not going to church, don't have to think about those that gave their lives for my freedom and don't have to be around annoying relatives or contemplate just how many things one can put pumpkin into but Starbuck's is already annoying me. I salute you, the workers of our country and contributors to Social Security, you deserve a day off.

Labor Day signals the Dwellers of the North tomorrow is their last day of grilling, back into the garage the grill goes until Memorial Day. I plan on grilling on Tuesday as an "in your face" to the Yankees. Just because I can.

Enjoy your Sunday which is really a Saturday in disguise and relish in the lack of the alarm clock tomorrow morning.
Hah, that shows you what you know! I don't even own a grill.....or a garage!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey hey hey take it easy on those of us without regular pensions. That's my crutch with my 401k since ain't nobody interested in 'this'. Nobody to lean on... I feel like I'm gonna be living in my car:confused:.
I have a jumpin' bridge, if you wanna borrow it. It's about 80' high, with railroad tracks down below...just in case. I just hope I don't forget to get the train schedule before I go.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops, friends, winter grillers, Southern nuts, Leon, wife, mother in law, Wilson the Margarita glass, the professor and Mary Ann. It seems like every time I check the weather channel, Dorian is going 5 mph faster than before. Hoping and praying for everyone in the path.

The day is wide open to us and I'm not sure what to do with it. I've already talked myself out of a bunch of stuff. Several months ago, I thought I'd try the Sam's brand of Kleenex. I celebrated two weeks ago that I'd finally finished them. Back to the sweet, sweet softness of Kleenex and/or Puffs. I will NEVER stray again! That $2 savings was I say R, I say O, I say U, I say G, I say H, mmmmm. The tissue is rough, it's gonna SCRATCH your nose. The tissue is ROUGH, it's gonna scratch your nose. AHH! The TISSUE is rough, it's gonna scratch your nose. Cue hard (for the 60s) guitar music.

Well... I was organizing something yesterday and there it was, another box of that friggin' tissue! After all that celebrating and putting Kleenex in every room. This almost deserves a pagan ritual of burning that cheep excuse for Kleenex and/or Puffs.

Have a good day everyone and don't skimp on your tissues.
Puffs Plus is the only way to go. I'd like to kiss the inventor of them right on the mouth, when I have a cold...even if he or she is ugly!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and a special shout out to Leon and his family. I hope y'all are safe and well and your damage is not like what I am seeing this morning. What a welcome to your home away from home in your first year. The sheer size and strength of that hurricane is enough but to slow to one mph when it got over Grand Bahama is as scary as when Harvey did that when it reached a large populated area.

John813

Reaction score
Morning Pops,

I can't imagine what the people of the Bahamas are going through.

An EF4 tornado for over a day.

Seems, seems anyways, that we are out of the extreme danger zone of this storm, but tbd.

It's only September and I'm mentally shot from the hurricane season.
Such a crazy storm from the start.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Leon. Dorian going at 1 mph is insane, I'm certain I've been stuck behind her in traffic before.
Yeah, we like having him around. We'd be lost without his tutelage :)
Oh CRAP, Gramma! :eek: You weren't supposed to be learning from him!!! He's here for entertainment value.

Be safe everyone and have a good Labor Day.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We are well into to our Romanian holiday and, since we are 9 hours ahead of CST, just finished our evening dinner along with copius amounts of homemade red wine. I haven't lost my vision yet, but am somewhat apprehensive about standing up without assistance.

Romania has been a pleasant surprise. The people are incredibly friendly and the country-side is truly beautiful. The architecture is a interesting mix of Baroque, neo-classical and Soviet era ugly. But, I digress...

The family wedding was a thing to behold. Essentially 2 days of drinking, eating, and dancing interspersed with toilet breaks. The highlight for me was the Gypsy (actually, I think they prefer the term "Roma" rather than Gypsy) dance group. They effortlessly blended a form of clogging, square dance and River Dance into a very energetic national dance. Two thumps up.

I had the shock of my life when one of the wedding attendees from Moldova spoke to me in flawless Spanish. This was actually a good thing as my command of Russian would have probably ended up in some sort of border uprising.

To all the fans and non-fans that have been or will be affected by Dorians, our prayers are with you and your families.

Last edited: