FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Now tell me, what's more shocking; a lizard in the house or the fact that someone has spam in his house?
questions.gif
3ag07i.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon, Pops and pen pals. The real estate agent that sold us the condo is tall, blond and beautiful. I mean, why else would I buy a place right smack dab in the middle of hurricane alley? Right? Riiiight! Seriously though, her father in law lives in a condo at the other end of the building and, through him, I learned that she is a former "Miss Poland". I'm not surprised.

We have little lizards over here that curl their tails up like dogs and cats. Someone said they are called iguana lizards but they aren't nearly as large as iguanas are. The longest one I've seen had a body length of about 6 inches not counting the tail. Anyway, they aren't real shy and one has been visiting our living room balcony when we eat waiting for food. He loves bananas and any kind of very small meat scraps. Well, yesterday I skipped breakfast so he decided to come on in and see what was up. I leave the door open and the A/C off to save energy and there is no screen on that door. I was finally able to corner him and pick him up and put him back outside. Then I put some small pieces of spam out there and he ate them. Now tell me, what's more shocking; a lizard in the house or the fact that someone has spam in his house?
questions.gif

Ya'll have a great day.
Tell your real estate agent I said hi!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops,

Just found out my second kid will be a boy(blood testing).
First one was a boy, and is about to turn two.

Was excited for either gender, so just really happy so far he's growing as expected inside.
Congrats John, will you be naming him John815?

I always wanted a brother, being an only child, but my I heard my Dad tell my Mom '"look it's 50/50 we'll get another boy and if it's at least 50/50 we'll get another like him, I'd just as soon never have sex again".

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My internet finally came up but is slower than heck. @daboyzruleperiod I would be running over trying to give the bird CPR. Hate to see animals harmed. Insects are a different story. I use a lot of ant spray.

@John813 congrats on the 2nd child! Best wishes to you, mom and child and to the 2yr old that's going to get a baby brother.

@CouchCoach I guess I can go snorkeling or something, but I'll have the video all set up anyway.

I'm fixin (a little Texas lingo there) to go to town and wish y'all a good day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My internet finally came up but is slower than heck. @daboyzruleperiod I would be running over trying to give the bird CPR. Hate to see animals harmed. Insects are a different story. I use a lot of ant spray.

@John813 congrats on the 2nd child! Best wishes to you, mom and child and to the 2yr old that's going to get a baby brother.

@CouchCoach I guess I can go snorkeling or something, but I'll have the video all set up anyway.

I'm fixin (a little Texas lingo there) to go to town and wish y'all a good day.
Leon, you don't have to go to town to wish us a good day, you can do that from anywhere.

About that video, make sure you set that on the extended play for more than two hours because it's been so long it's going to take me that long to remember what my part in the play is.

Xelda

Reaction score
First shocker of the day came in the Pops thread. I see a white cat talking about a pregnancy and thought @daboyzruleperiod was making the announcement. With that straightened out, congrats @John813.

Good to hear from you Leon even though you've stirred up a hornets nest of men ready to invade the beach house. Be careful, you might never get any of them to leave.

I want to apologize for lying the other day. I never did get those groceries. I finally got my washing machine out of the kitchen and my dryer is cleared of the door to the garage so I can leave the house now.

Happy Friday everyone, be safe, stop and smell the barbeque then tell us how good it was.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit this thread today.

"tell me, what's more shocking; a lizard in the house or the fact that someone has spam in his house?"

Leon, what's shocking is that you have found a Lizard who likes Spam.... clearly some kind of Savant Genius Lizard!

John! Congratulations Brother to you and your family! These are truly the best times of your life, believe that.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, the weekend is here and that means Football so what can be bad?

Everybody, have a great (but safe) weekend!

Peace!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone. Hope everyone had a great Friday.

This week took forever to pass. The coming couple weeks will too I'm sure, and at the same time will go too fast. Did I mention my daughter and her guy (Dustin) (no kids in tow) are coming to meet the family? I pick them up at the airport on the 28th. I'm trying to plan a simple meet and greet with just our immediate family, but that's easily 20 people. They'll be here a couple days and fly out early on the 1st. Funny thing is I then fly out to their place on the 10th. Been so busy trying to figure out food, still working 50 hrs/wk, have a funeral tomorrow and an appointment for remaining car repairs, canning to be done blah blah blah. Life goes on, even with the extras. Of course, it all comes to a screeching halt on Sunday at kick off.

Here's hoping for another great game!! Can't wait for Sunday.

Have a good night everyone.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Morning Pops,

Just found out my second kid will be a boy(blood testing).
First one was a boy, and is about to turn two.

Was excited for either gender, so just really happy so far he's growing as expected inside.

Congrats John813. Kids are such a blessing. Wife and I had 2 girls then came the boy. All within 4 years. Our kids are in their 30s now and still a blessing to us.
By the way....all Cowboy fans ;)

Xelda

Reaction score
@GrammaJan this might be a good place to ask for ideas about some of your upcoming plans. You may be able to sweet talk Runny's chili recipe out of him. The Southerners recommend different beans than the ones he uses. We are all full of opinions, I mean great ideas. Sorry to hear about the funeral. As always GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!
Well, who's your favorite Dallas Cowboy? Landry 813 has a nice ring to it.
New game! Come up with a great name for @John813's bay bay. It has to be a good one that both parents can live with, so I'll take Romolicious off the table... for now.
Congrats John813. Kids are such a blessing. Wife and I had 2 girls then came the boy. All within 4 years. Our kids are in their 30s now and still a blessing to us.
By the way....all Cowboy fans ;)
You restore my faith in humanity, RGV. You raised those kids right!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
@GrammaJan this might be a good place to ask for ideas about some of your upcoming plans. You may be able to sweet talk Runny's chili recipe out of him. The Southerners recommend different beans than the ones he uses. We are all full of opinions, I mean great ideas. Sorry to hear about the funeral. As always GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!

New game! Come up with a great name for @John813's bay bay. It has to be a good one that both parents can live with, so I'll take Romolicious off the table... for now.

@Xelda... I've got the food part down. Food I'm well skilled at and I've 'perfected' my chili after many years of trying to get it juuuust right. It's a benefit of having a few years behind me. I know what NOT to do. It's the life part and the rest of it that I have to figure out how to make fit.:D

GrammaJan

Reaction score

...and it's funny you mentioned the chili because that is actually one of the things I'm hookin up

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
@Xelda... I've got the food part down. Food I'm well skilled at and I've 'perfected' my chili after many years of trying to get it juuuust right. It's a benefit of having a few years behind me. I know what NOT to do. It's the life part and the rest of it that I have to figure out how to make fit.:D

I once volunteered to be a judge at a chili cookoff.Never again. Some of those cooks had not quite reached the skilled level yet. Rolaids was my best friend soon after.